Subject: Re: Disinformation Governance Board
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 11:55:21 -0400
 by: bfh - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 15:55 UTC

George.Anthony wrote:
> bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:
>> To paraphrase someone in here: For those of you with short attention
>> spans, here is a summary of the C&P to follow.
>>
>> HawHawHaw!
>>
>> "Disinformation Governance Board"
>> HawHawHaw!
>>
>> I love it. I just bygod love it.
>> HawHawHaw!
>> Here comes the Department of Homeland Security — that heavily funded
>> guardian of our national borders, enforcer of the immigration laws,
>> preventer of terrorism, protector of U.S. coastal waters, keeper of
>> cybersecurity and coordinator of disaster preparedness — with yet
>> another sweeping assignment. On Wednesday, DHS Secretary Alejandro
>> Mayorkas announced at a House hearing the formation of a
>> Disinformation Governance Board, which will carry the agency’s fight
>> to a new front. The board will battle disinformation.
>>
>> What will the board do? Where will the war be waged? Information on
>> the Biden administration’s war on disinformation proved scarce. When
>> the Associated Press asked DHS for an interview for details, the
>> department stiffed them, according to the AP’s April 28 story. The
>> next afternoon, a reporter asked White House press secretary Jen Psaki
>> for more about the board at a presser, and she was pretty vacant, too.
>> “I really haven’t dug into this exactly. I mean, we, of course,
>> support this effort, but let me see if I can get more specifics.”
>>
>> The press did pry out of DHS the board’s goal to contest
>> disinformation crafted by Russia as well as the general disinformation
>> (authors unstated) that had deceived immigrants from Haiti and other
>> places that the U.S. southern border was open. Republicans like Sen.
>> Josh Hawley of Missouri and conservative media like the Washington
>> Times flipped out at the announcement, dusting off their Orwell and
>> combing out their fright-wigs to warn of an impending DHS crackdown on
>> not just free speech but free thinking. “This is dangerous and
>> un-American,” Hawley said in a statement. “The board should be
>> immediately dissolved.”
>>
>> The idea that the Biden administration would pulp the First Amendment
>> and institute an authoritarian regime through its agents at DHS is
>> immediately dismissible if only because it is one of the most
>> ineffectual departments in the president’s Cabinet. Had Biden given
>> the task to Agriculture or Commerce or another department with a
>> better GPA in governing, we should be afraid. But DHS couldn’t stamp
>> out disinformation or erect an American Reich if we reallocated to it
>> all of the arms we’re currently shipping to Ukraine. It’s peopled by a
>> confederacy of dunces and botch-artists, incapable of carrying out its
>> current mission. For instance, DHS shrugged off the Jan. 6 warning
>> signs, according to a Government Accountability Office report. It
>> failed to share intelligence about the wave of Haitian immigrants who
>> breached the border in 2021. (Based on its track record, DHS’ content
> [...]
At the end of the day going forward, I'm sure that it's literally just
a coincidence taken out of context, and due to the significance of the
passage of time, all will become clear as the messaging evolves in the
passage of time going forward - or backwards, when the truths
concealed in history will be efficaciously unearthed and revealed in
the passage of time.

Spin Socky, Jr.
Deputy Assistant White House Press Secretary in Training

--
bill

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Disinformation Governance Board