From: liberti...@south.south.com (o'Mahoney)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Re: say hello to $150 a barrel for oil ..
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 08:38:59 +0800
 by: o'Mahoney - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 00:38 UTC

On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 12:10:40 -0000, slider <slider@anashram.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 04:24:33 -0000, o'Mahoney <libertidad@south.south.com>
>wrote:

>>> ### - nope there's no lube with that haha :)))
>>>
>>> plus only 150? so lol how's 200 grab ya then??
>>>
>>> i.e., just to make matter worse, russia's claiming that there's been
>>> some
>>> kinda accident on one of their pipelines that delivers 1.5 million
>>> barrels
>>> per day to the west, some severe weather incident that's knocked it out
>>> of
>>> commission for maybe the next 2 months or so...
>>>
>>> on top of that, russia's suggesting that the west can still purchase all
>>> the gas/oil they need albeit 'unfriendly' countries (of which they have
>>> long list) will now have to PAY for it in... rubles??
>>>
>>> so where the fuck is anyone even gonna be 'able' to trade in rubles when
>>> all the banks wont have anything to do with that!? added to which the
>>> ruble is worth only a quarter of what used to be, meaning they'll be
>>> basically paying them roughly 4 times the usual amount as well!!!
>>>
>>> thus 200... 250... even 300+ isn't totally impossible in the very near
>>> future...
>>>
>>> and coz we are now at war WITH russia!
>>
>> You haven't been looking. "We" have been at war with Russia since
>> April 1945. It hasn't stopped, not once.
>
>### - true! but the west had 'agreements' with russia, charters, deals,
>binding arrangements built-up over decades etc, they have a permanent seat
>at the UN with veto-power... yes there's been continual tension between
>them and the west since the end of ww2 (a cold war) but no hot wars, no
>direct conflicts between 'nuclear' nations...
>
>until NOW! - we're breaking new ground!

Three words: Cuban Missile Crisis

On the doomdsay clock, if it had existed then, we would all have been
one second to 12!

Also, we are not in direct conflict with the Russians nor is it
likely. If Putin is stupid enough to use CBR or nuclear on Ukrainian
territory, he will have enough forsight to ensure the fumes or
radiation do not waft over into a NATO country or even back into
Russia. Neither he nor NATO want to ruin Europe because that would
also be the end of mother Russia.

New ground? Yep, I agree with you on that. It's the first 21st
century complete war, not a backyard thing. The entirety of one large
advanced nation is defending itself against a giant aggressor in the
early third millennium. That's definitely new.

>> What a stupid thing to say Brian. Get over yourself and get off your
>> tin box.
>
>### - dunno what you're even talking about mate, am merely indicating to
>chris that we're literally on the brink of a nuclear fucking holocaust +
>the reason(s) wherein it's likely to all kick-off! (e.g., the excuses
>they'll make...)
>
>there's nothing STUPID about it except YOU completely misunderstanding...

Nope. I was talking about your endless pontifications, over the last
2 decades, on death, destruction and imminent apocalypse. With your
commentary on wally world as you call it. But never a negative
comment on the horrible dictatorships running the quad - North Korea,
Iran, Russia and China. In fact, you're an apologist for Russia and
its nasty dictator - and you're not alone, there are plenty of unhappy
and ungrateful types plagueing us - but at least you're not a TRUMPIST
type, I'll give you that (unlike the guy living in New Bedford who has
a thing about you).

>>> and probably china too!
>>
>> Nope wrong. They have always been on the right side of history and
>> their only two interests are reunification of Formosa and China and
>> global economic domination.
>>
>> Did you get that? "Economic". They need trade to keep the ChiCom
>> party in power and it will only stay in power if the average standard
>> of living of their huge peasant population continues to advance. That
>> can only occur if there is a "rest of the world" to trade with.
>>
>> They have no interest in Putin's stupid ill thought out megalomania
>> (or dementia).
>
>### - well you can reassure/hug yourself with that pile of bs if ya want,
>but china was the ONLY nation yesterday to vote in favour of russia's
>humanitarian resolution while abstaining on the wests very similar
>resolution, right?

Yep, right. It wants to tightrope between its ex-Leninist neighbour
and its trading partners, a balancing act. I guarantee it does NOT
provide arms or any other assistance to Russia though, Biden has
clearly warned China against that and the total economic consequences
of doing that.

>iow: if/when push comes to shove (e.g., in a nuclear war situation)
>they're gonna be SIDING with russia, NOT the west!!! got it?

No way. It will try a Switzerland and hope it doesn't get blasted out
of existence by either or both Russia and the US. It has only a
measly 300+ nukes, a fraction of the number of the US and Russia. If
a very improbable nuclear war breaks out and then escalates into total
war, cities and all, and then becomes a SPASM war (dying spasms,
letting loose the remaining missiles in SSBNs and so on), it is highly
likely in any case that any countries professing neutrality will be
annihilated. This is so, if the US and Russia lose say three quarters
of their populations, only towns and villages left, then they will NOT
want the world taken over by China, North Korea, Iran, Israel,
Australia, even New Zealand, Chile, Bolivia etc etc etc. They will
all lose their cities so that none can rebuild faster or better than
the US and Russia (what's left of them).

Got it?

>and besides... i only said 'probably' :)
>

>> Again, off that tin box, ok?
>
>### - lol piss off... who the FUCK do you think you are telling OTHER
>people what to THINK & say when you can't even reason properly yourself AS
>evidenced by your response to these completely harmless statements to
>chris re a nuclear war is just about to start + how??? (was merely
>highlighting the trigger points)

You've made a usenet profession of telling people to wise up, to agree
with you, to agree with your silly characterisations of western
civilisation and so on. You are anything but neutral on any topic you
pick even if your arguments aren't arguments at all.

>coz you've got this all wrong AGAIN! thang! duh!

No one can predict the future. No on. Men make plans, God laughs. Of
course I'm often wrong when attempting to predict what will happen in
international affairs. So is Putin, and he CREATES international
affairs. I wager he would not have invaded Ukraine if he knew a month
ago what he knows now. He fucked up. Big time. But you're wrong
too, more often. You predicted Iran would trigger a major war in the
ME. That was 2 years ago and they are on the path to peace and
nuclear agreement now/again. But this time, I'm saying the
probability of nuclear war breaking out is very low, but more
significant than it has been for decades. Yet, the US is still on
DEFCON 3. When it gets to COCKED PISTOL, then we can all fucking kiss
our arses goodbye.

>and this basically because you're sooo shit SCARED (quite rightly coz am
>scared too!) that you're childishly taking it out on OTHER people rather
>than dealing with the REALITY of your own diminishing hours left on this
>planet!?

No. I admitted to a moment, more than a moment, of fear and paranoia
when Putin made his announcement about moving nuclear forces to a
higher state of readiness. But I also said I was stoned and I was, I
had had a pipe and it is generally good shit, we buy hydro from a guy
who has a grow house somewhere. Dope can make you paranoid, you know
this from your smoking days. I'm far less concerned now, I don't wake
up thinking "has the balloon gone up while I've slept?" for instance.
I do not believe we will descend into total, spasmodic nuclear
annihilation. Even were that to occur, it would not be the end of our
species, let alone the end of life on earth. There's plenty of life
left in our old sun, at least another 5 billion years, and it only
took 500 million years for single celled organisms to evolve into
mankind. There'll be plenty of multicelled organisms - insects,
nematodes, rats, etc - left to shortcut that into perhaps only a few
hundred million years before another intelligent species evolves.

I take the big, long, cosmological geological age view. Fuck our
blink-of-an-eye existence in a universe of many hundreds of trillions
of other suns many with their own life forms on endless numbers of
planets, in our observable universe. We're nothing, at the end of the
day. Short term dust motes, that's us. lol.

>wake the fuck up man! coz you're running around like a headless fuckin'
>chicken!

I don't give a fuck actually. I've spread my DNA (got 7
grandchildren, 3 boys, 4 girls) and I'm fit but in my late 60's so
there's only probably another 20-30 years left in me and declining
years at that. What's there to fear? I've had a great life. It is
what it is and it will be what it will be.

>YES the sky IS falling down, alright??? (there's a 98% chance of it
>anyway!)

Bullshit. There's a 0.98 probability that nuclear annihilation WON'T
happen. You have it arse about pig, as we say iin Australia :)

>so FACE it like a MAN instead of a scared... rat!?

I guarantee you, if you were standing in front of me, you would not
say that. I absolutely guarantee it. I fear no man and I back down,
never. The only thing I fear is mobs. They can't be reasoned with
and can't be beaten. I don't even fear nukes, I'm prepared as best I
can be with Isuzu 4WD, canned food for at least a year for 2, diesel
in storage, Honda genset, sleeping bags, edged weapons, tools,
seasonal clothing, laptop etc etc - as long as there isn't EMP over
our city, I'll be right. And I'm a fucking ruthless bastard when it
comes to protecting myself and my missus :)

>coz we're ALL in the SAME position... NOW! (helpless iow!)

Yep, we can't change the trajectory our species has been on since day
one. War is ingrained in our psyche. It's primeval and primordial -
dog eat dog, then tribe eat tribe, then city state eat city state,
then nation eat nation. Still, nuclear war is very improbable at the
moment. No one is suicidal yet.

>that of being fucking roasted alive in an all-consuming global nuclear
>storm!!!

You wish. If it happens, London will be one of the first to have been
hit, heavily. You will be roasted alive, as you say, even if it
doesn't spread elsewhere. You and Boris can share particles in the
upper atmosphere :)

>it's IMMANENT!!!!

Imminent? Nope. It isn't. Not even a *proven* use of a fuel air
bomb (vacuum bomb) yet. Biden has turned out to be an excellent
POTUS, his economic strike back without boots on Ukrainian ground is a
first rate strategy. It is hitting home. It may even result in the
"removal" of Putin in a way only the Russians excel at.

>so just go home thang, and be with your family if you actually have any...

I come from the east coast and hitch hiked here over 7000km in order
to hook up again with a girl I met in far north Queensland back in the
hippy days, in a town called Cairns. My genetic family is along the
east coast, hundreds of relatives, literally, perhaps more. But here
in Perth I've made my ownl family. I married that girl, 47 years ago,
and we had two girls, and they had 7 kids between them. I don't like
or love them all equally, some I dislike, but that's a family me and
my missus made, simple as that (lineally, that is). I have no
intention of ever going back where I come from. I don't even pine for
it. But neither they nor I are concerned about descent into global
annihilation. There's such a low probability of that happening now.
Maybe a limited nuclear war in Europe after Russia is beaten by NATO,
who knows? But not total, absolute destruction.

>or failing that: some friends, anyone!
>
>coz THIS is probably our LAST chance to do so!
>
>and be calm about it... have some dignity for christsakes!

Dignity is over rated. Everyone is dignified until they get a punch
in the mouth (apologies to Mike Tyson)...

>the only choice we gots left now is HOW we die??

Alone. Every last one of us dies alone. Even surrounded by family
and friends, we die alone. Think about it. It's personal.

>personally, am gonna be drinking a good cup of tea and smoking a nice
>joint when i say goodbye to this planet...

Nonsense. It's hard here to get dope, and we have contacts. You
don't have a supplier and you know it.

>how about you?

No way I'm smoking dope if the roof is gonna come down. No booze
either. I aim to survive if I can, as long as I can, and dope and
booze will only slow me down or make me fucking paranoid and useless.
I can't see the reason in that, unless you're in the middle of London
or Sheffield or New York and you are totally going to be fucked in any
case. Even then, I can think of better things to do than get stoned.
Maybe a religious conversion? Just joking...

>are you gonna go kicking & screaming + cringing & begging to be spared
>while attacking everyone around you in a blind panic??

Not on your nelly. Not me. I'm no coward.

>or are you gonna calmly walk with some human fucking dignity towards your
>inevitable demise?

Not that either. I'm going to try to survive as long as I'm
physically capable.

>have made MY choice... now YOU choose how it's gonna be for... YOU!
>
>am personally all packed up and getting outta london tonite before the
>shit hits the fan...

A moment ago you said you were going to have a nice cup of tea and a
smoke. Consistency is a virtue.

>which, from the way things are progressing, can't be much longer now...

Nonsense. Nowhere near that point.

>coz the west IS gonna challenge russia, right?

Doesn't appear so. Seems to be the reverse. They are doing their
darnedest to stay OUT of Ukraine. It's up to Russia if they stay OUT
of NATO countries. If so, then all will be ok. Looks as though
Ukraine is fighting back successfully in any case. You are being
premature and ignoring reports from DW, CNN, Twitter and Reddit, BBC
and other reliable sources.

>it's coming!

Nope, it isn't.

>humanity obviously being too stupid to be able to even 'consider' any
>other alternative, duh!

Yep, our species is so stupid we put men on the moon in 1969 and
invented the transistor, vaccines to eradicate disease and city based
civilisation. Yep, we certainly are "too stupid".

>so we're fucked then! it's over!

No it's not. Wait and see.

>so say goodbye nicely ok?
>
>none of us here ever met in person but still know each other some...

I'm not so sure. Chris met Jeremy/Dave and others in real time. Back
15 to 20 years ago quite a few of the contemporaneous correspondents
on this group knew each other personally. The remnants now have never
met nor ever will and I don't agree that you can know someone from
correspondence on a group like this. It's very one dimensional.

>and it was all kinda nice while it lasted...
>
>best of luck then to all + see ya in another world bud...
>
>https://youtu.be/s4VlruVG81w?t=10
>
>slider signing off now...
>
>over & out :)

Melodramatic much?

:)

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Intelligence breakdown of why Putin hasn't gone all in...

By: o'Mahoney on Wed, 23 Mar 2022

9o'Mahoney