From: use...@ex.net (zelgensetter)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Re: Four choices ONLY- Ready.... set..... GO!
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 10:33:50 -0600
<pan9agh77rsk7gp9rjvdr2m89jtam3g71o@4ax.com> <s83hds$16ks$1@neodome.net>
<o9saag1rngnpd9229fjuueh41k25tdld0l@4ax.com> <s8bg6f$1e4i$1@neodome.net>
<pgbkag1bfsnau2n3the5g1aptrvm3ib6og@4ax.com>
 by: zelgensetter - Sun, 23 May 2021 16:33 UTC

On 5/23/2021 4:27 AM, KWills wrote:
> On Sat, 22 May 2021 11:49:01 -0600, zelgensetter <use@ex.net> wrote:

>>> Thank you for supporting the claim that it is NOT Mexican food.
>>
>> Mexicans generally are the ones who cook it, ergo it IS Mexican food.
>>

> Odd. In a previous post, you make it clear it is not.
> That aside, does the fact that most of the employees of the
> In-N-Out Burgers nearest me mean the hamburgers are Mexican food? By
> YOUR standards, they must be.
> And since the Burger King nearest me staffs mostly Mexicans, all
> the options there MUST be Mexican food. Unless you LIED above.
>
>>> I'm sure most, if not all, would agree the food is inspired by
>>> Mexican dishes. But being inspired by Mexican dishes isn't the same as
>>> being Mexican dishes.
>>
>> Melting pot 101 - Egg Foo Young is "bhinese food'.
>>
>> Burritos and tacos are definitively "Mexican food".
>>
>> HTH
>
> As you've openly and freely admitted, Taco Bell is NOT Mexican
> food.

Since they make tacos and burritos and churros it most certainly IS
"Mexican food".

What other kind of food could it be?

> Your own cite states it is Mexican-inspired food.

Since they make tacos and burritos and churros it most certainly IS
"Mexican food".

>>> There's a Chinese place a few blocks from me. It is owned and
>>> operated by a nice family of Chinese immigrants.
>>
>> Making "Chinese food" and not hamburgers wone would think...
>>

> Of course. But they make Chinese influenced food.

No, they make Chinese food they way they see fit to bring it to a
foreign market.

But it remains "Chinese food" regardless.

And it is made by actual Chinese immigrants, you claim.

>>> But Taco Bell is, as
>>> you helped to prove, NOT Mexican.
>>
>> Tacos and Burritos ARE "Mexican food', Churros too.
>>

> Your own cite states Taco Bell is Mexican-inspired food.

My own cite lists what Mexican food is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mexican_dishes

Burrito

Tacos

Tostadas

Chalupa

Nachos

Queso

Salsa

Quesadillas

Taquitos

....all to be found at any given time on the Taco Bell menu.

:-)))

>> https://www.chefsmove.org/these-are-the-popular-types-of-mexican-food/
>>
>> The Most Popular Types of Mexican Food
>>
>> Most Mexican dishes are a combination of beans, meat, tortilla, and
>> cheese. However, there is a lot of variety within these parameters. The
>> spices and flavorings traditional to Mexican cuisine are warm and a
>> little spicy.
>>
>> The way meat is cooked is part of what sets Mexican food apart. Chorizo
>> is a popular smoked Mexican sausage, and carne picada is a sizzling way
>> to prep your beef. Our favorite recipe for Carne picada is the one here
>> at recipeworkbook.com.
>>
>> Burritos
>>
>> At its core, a burrito is a bunch of meat, vegetables, and cheese
>> wrapped up in a warm tortilla. You’re likely most familiar with the
>> Chipotle-style burrito: beans, rice, meat, cheese, salsa, and more, all
>> in one behemoth wad of foil.
>>
>> Many burritos are simpler than that, focusing instead on the flavor of
>> the meat and cheese within. As much Mexican food centers around smoked
>> or barbecued meat, the meals are relatively unfussy.
>>
>> Tacos
>>
>> Tacos are the Mexican equivalent of a sandwich. They’re open on top and
>> can be made with either hard or soft shells. Whether to choose a crispy
>> corn shell or a soft flour wrap is up to you.
>>
>> The interior of a taco is similar to a burrito: meat, beans, and cheese
>> stacked on top of each other. Tacos are usually sold in orders of 2 or 3
>> and are even more pared down than your average burrito. This dish is
>> simple but filling.
>>
>> Nachos
>>
>> Corn tortillas are cut into chip shapes and then fried. Those chips are
>> drizzled with beans, cheese, salsa, and meat. Nachos are a great platter
>> to share and make a great vehicle for all kinds of toppings.
>>
>> Nachos can be as simple or loaded as you want. Some nacho platters are
>> veritable mountains of food. Some are nothing more than chips and queso.

>>> Can you write that in a language I know?
>>
>> Sure:
>>
>> https://www.scienceabc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Dog_vomiting_with_apomorphine.jpg
>
> So you can't. Got it.

Eat more chocolate and grapes, bowser.

Laugh, laugh, laugh, laugh...

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: Four choices ONLY- Ready.... set..... GO!

By: Jerry Sauk on Tue, 4 May 2021

698Jerry Sauk