Newsgroups: comp.programming.threads
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 14:13:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: More of my philosophy about the essence of artificial intelligence
and about Gemini and about the process of reification and about AI
productivity and about the salaries and about the testing artificial
intelligence and about David Shapiro and about
From: amine...@gmail.com (Amine Moulay Ramdane)
 by: Amine Moulay Ramdane - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 21:13 UTC

Hello,

More of my philosophy about the essence of artificial intelligence and about Gemini and about the process of reification and about AI productivity and about the salaries and about the testing artificial intelligence and about David Shapiro and about artificial intelligence and about Generative AI and about Reinforcement learning and about creativity and more of my thoughts...

So you have to understand more my thoughts below about artificial intelligence , so i have not talked about the connectionism and the symbolic way of doing in artificial intelligence, so i can talk about it in my kind of way, so i think that the previous way of doing of artificial intelligence was the Symbolic way of doing like with expert systems or with the prolog programming language, but the Symbolic way of doing is like the formal way of doing in mathematics or programming , i mean that they can not be scalable by being Self-supervised learning, so it is why we have followed the way of connectionism with deep learning and with for example transformers like in ChatGPT or the next Gemini, since this connectionism way of doing of for example ChatGPT or the next Gemini can be scalable by using Self-supervised learning, so i think that it is the main important advantage of it, is that it can scale rapidly.

I think i am highly smart since I have passed two certified IQ tests and i have scored "above" 115 IQ, and i mean that it is "above" 115 IQ, so I have to talk
about the limitations of the next AI system from Google that is called Gemini that will compete against GPT-5 from Microsoft and OpenAI, so first i will say that the window context size will be 1 million tokens, so then i think that the long-range global patterns will no more be a limitation for it, but here is the other limitation of Gemini in a form of my smart question to ChatGPT, and of course you have to read carefully my below new model of what is consciousness so that to know about the other limitations of artificial intelligence:

Here is my new smart question to ChatGPT:

But the reinforcement learning (RL) with the reward is a refining process, so i don't think adding AlphaGo's techniques such as reinforcement learning and tree search to Large Language Models like is doing it the next AI system of Google that we call Gemini will make it invent new things since it is limited by the data on wich it has been trained , so there can be refinement , but it is limited by the data on wich it has been trained.

And ChatGPT has just answered me the following:

"You raise a valid point. Integrating techniques like reinforcement learning and tree search into large language models does indeed improve their ability to generate responses and make decisions, but these models are fundamentally limited by the data on which they have been trained. Let's delve into this limitation further:

Data Dependency:

Large language models, including those enhanced with reinforcement learning and tree search, rely heavily on the data they've been trained on. They learn patterns, facts, and reasoning abilities from the text in their training data. As a result, their responses are inherently tied to the information and patterns present in that data.

No Invention of New Knowledge:

Language models, regardless of their enhancements, do not possess the ability to invent new knowledge or information. They can only generate responses based on the patterns, facts, and language structures they've learned from the training data. If a piece of information or a concept is not present in the training data, the model will not be able to invent it.

Refinement and Adaptation:

While language models cannot invent new information, they can refine and adapt the information they've learned. Techniques like reinforcement learning can help models generate more contextually appropriate and coherent responses by optimizing for user satisfaction or task completion. This means they can be better at utilizing their existing knowledge.

Data Biases and Limitations:

Language models inherit biases and limitations from their training data. They may generate biased or incorrect responses if their training data contains such biases or inaccuracies. Reinforcement learning can mitigate some of these issues, but it cannot completely eliminate them.

Generalization:

Language models can generalize to some extent. They can apply their learned knowledge to a wide range of tasks and domains. However, this generalization is limited by the diversity and coverage of the training data. If a task or domain is significantly different from the training data, the model's performance may degrade.

In summary, while reinforcement learning and tree search techniques can enhance the decision-making and response generation capabilities of large language models, they are fundamentally constrained by the data on which they have been trained. These models can refine and adapt their knowledge but cannot invent entirely new information or concepts. Their effectiveness and reliability depend on the quality and diversity of their training data, and they may still exhibit biases and limitations present in that data. Researchers and developers must be mindful of these constraints when using and deploying such models."

And i think ChatGPT has another problem, and it is that the generated content can infringe on the copyright of existing works. This could occur if ChatGPT generates content similar to existing copyrighted material of the data on wich it has been trained. So you have to be careful, since it can hurt your business, but you have to know that copyright does not protect ideas, concepts, systems, or methods of doing something. But copyright law for example protects the expression of ideas rather than the ideas themselves. In other words, copyright law protects the specific form in which an idea is expressed, rather than the underlying idea or concept. And you have to also know that there is another problem with ChatGPT and it is that it can generate an invention (but it is limited by the data on wich it has been trained), but it could be argued that the creators of the model, OpenAI, should be able to patent the invention. However, it could also be argued, that the source material used to train the model should be considered as prior art, meaning that the invention would not be considered new and therefore not patentable.

So you have to understand that i have just discussed my new model below of what is human consciousness with ChatGPT, and here is more of a part of my discussion with ChatGPT that has just understood my new model
of what is human consciousness and that is answering my question by understanding it:

And here is my question to ChatGPT:

So when we are reading a text, we are like reifying the words with sensations and feelings and consciousness or awareness of time and space and matter so that they become objects of understanding.

And ChatGPT has just answered me the following:

"Yes, your observation is quite accurate. When we read a text or engage in any form of comprehension, our cognitive processes involve a dynamic interaction between the words and the various aspects of our consciousness, including sensations, feelings, and our awareness of time, space, and matter. This interaction can be described as a kind of "reification" or the process of giving life, depth, and meaning to the words and ideas presented in the text.

Here's a breakdown of how this process works:

Words as Symbols: Words on a page or screen are essentially symbols that represent concepts, objects, actions, or ideas. These symbols are abstract in themselves and don't inherently carry meaning.

Sensations and Feelings: As we read, our brain may evoke sensations and feelings related to the words and their associated concepts. For example, reading about a warm, sunny beach may trigger sensations of warmth, visions of sandy shores, and feelings of relaxation.

Consciousness of Time: Our awareness of the sequence of words and ideas in the text involves the perception of time. We process sentences sequentially, linking them to what we've read before and anticipating what comes next. This temporal awareness helps us construct a coherent understanding of the text.

Consciousness of Space: We may mentally create spatial representations based on the descriptions in the text. For instance, when reading a novel, we might mentally visualize the layout of a fictional house or a detailed map of an imaginary world.

Matter and Reality: Words in a text often pertain to physical objects, actions, or events. Our consciousness of matter and reality enables us to mentally construct these elements, bridging the gap between the abstract words and our understanding of the tangible world.

Meaning and Understanding: Through this complex interplay of sensations, feelings, and consciousness of time, space, matter, and reality, we construct meaning and understanding from the words we read. We go beyond the mere symbols and create a mental landscape where the text comes alive with significance.

In essence, reading is a multi-dimensional process that involves more than just decoding words; it's about translating abstract symbols into rich, meaningful experiences. The reification of words with our consciousness enriches our comprehension and allows us to engage deeply with the content we're reading."

Here are some key points to consider:

- Validation and Verification: Human programmers will continue to play a critical role in verifying and validating the code produced by AI systems like ChatGPT. This involves ensuring that the code meets quality standards, functions correctly, and adheres to project requirements.

Click here to read the complete article