From: janbu...@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer
Subject: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.6 (HTTP Client)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 18:09:49 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 17:09 UTC

Dear All,

We are happy to announce a new edition
of the Dogelog player:

- Enhanced '$YIELD'/1:
Previously the '$YIELD'/1 instruction was hard coded
to understand an integer for sleep/1 and an atom for
native library loading. The implementation has been
change to accept a Promise object, known from
JavaScript. Emulations were made available for
Java and Python.

- Async I/O:
Based on the new '$YIELD'/1 and a buffer fast path
idea, the console reading, file property and file
reading have been asyncified. There is no change in
the Prolog API, files are still to be opened via the
ISO core open/3 and accessed via ISO core get_code/2
respectively ISO core peek_code/2. But input can now
be executed quasi-parallel by multiple tasks.

- HTTP client:
The ISO core open/4 has been moved to the library(spin).
The support of the HTTP and HTTPS protocol in open/3
and open/4, has been extended from the JavaScript
browser to the JavaScript command line (by means of
new fetch in nodejs >21). Further supported targets
are now Python and Java (by means of new HTTP client
in JDK >21).

Have Fun!

Jan Burse, http://www.xlog.ch/ , 07.03.2024

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.6 (HTTP Client)

<uslddb$16jdm$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10099&group=comp.lang.java.programmer#10099

From: janbu...@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer
Subject: Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.6 (HTTP Client)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 23:49:16 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 22:49 UTC

Small implementation node about the new HTTP client
in Dogelog Player for JavaScript. I am using fetch()
everywhere. No need to get help from libraries such as:

> Axios is a promise-based HTTP Client for node.js
> and the browser. It is isomorphic (= it can run in
> the browser and nodejs with the same codebase).
> On the server-side it uses the native node.js http
> module, while on the client (browser) it uses XMLHttpRequests.
https://axios-http.com/docs/intro

First of all XMLHttpRequests is deprecated in the
browser, use fetch() instead. And nodejs has fetch()
since release 21.x.x as well. So they have become
isomorphic making AXIOS obsolete:

https://nodejs.org/en/blog/announcements/v21-release-announce