From: mai...@axel-reichert.de (Axel Reichert)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.scheme,gnu.emacs.help
Subject: Guile documentation with Geiser in GNU Emacs
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2024 17:22:09 +0100
sha1:jftE9ZieUTcQD7laV39uRAKVNwA=
 by: Axel Reichert - Mon, 4 Mar 2024 16:22 UTC

Hello,

I have installed Guile 3.0.8 (including the doc, dev, and libs
packages), Geiser 0.10, and Emacs 28.2 (yes, all old, from a Linux
distribution based on Debian-stable).

"guile" is in the OS's path and runs fine from the command line. When
running M-x geiser in Emacs and selecting Guile as the Scheme
implementation, a working REPL buffer comes up.

Also, when trying C-c C-d d after, say

(expt

in a Guile buffer (major mode Scheme, minor mode Geiser) a buffer
*Geiser documentation* comes us in modes "Geiser Doc View" with a brief
explanation of the procedure. This buffer sports a clickable "[manual]"
button, but after clicking it just gives

Not documented as a symbol: expt

in the message area. The *Messages* buffer gives some more information:

Processing Info node ‘(r5rs)Index’...
Composing main Info directory...done
Cannot access Info node ‘(r5rs)Index’
Processing Info node ‘(r5rs)Index’...done
info-lookup: Not documented as a symbol: expt

What do I need to fix to get this button working?

Best regards

Axel