Newsgroups: comp.protocols.dicom
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 09:30:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: DICOM as a vehicle for distributing a Hyperlink
From: mlinsle...@gmail.com (Michael Linsley)
 by: Michael Linsley - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 17:30 UTC

Hey all,

I'm wondering if you might be able to help or point me in the right direction.

I'm new to medical imaging and therefore what I'm asking may be very naive but I thought I'd ask. The high-level workflow of my question follows these basic steps.

1. DICOM is sent to our SaaS platform via an intermediate 3rd party integration provider. This data comes directly from the imaging centre's PACS having been pushed from the MRI scanner.
2. We do our analysis, the results are encapsulated into a PDF which is then returned to our integration partner.
3. The PDF is then added to the original DICOM and sent back to the imaging centre where the Radiologist is notified.
4. The Radiologist looks through the original images and the PDF to inform their report.

What I looking to establish is how might we present the Radiologist with a Hyperlink that takes them to a web application via the browser thus replacing the PDF entirely.

Because we cannot be certain that the receiving Radiologist will have an active internet connection the web application would be built such that it can operate either on or offline.

Technically I know this is possible from an application development perspective but I have limited knowledge relating to how we might transfer this application through the different systems involved.

Can anyone shed any light on what might be possible in this space?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: DICOM as a vehicle for distributing a Hyperlink

<7f128628-6ae4-442c-9b28-aa05d25a441dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10270&group=comp.protocols.dicom#10270

Newsgroups: comp.protocols.dicom
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 05:55:45 -0800 (PST)
From: eesime...@gmail.com (fleetwoodfc)
 by: fleetwoodfc - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 13:55 UTC

Take a look at this open source project: https://kheops.online/