From: hgi...@ratiosoft.com (Helmut Giese)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
Subject: Problems trying out wiki code
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 23:49:50 +0100
 by: Helmut Giese - Wed, 21 Dec 2022 22:49 UTC

Hello out there,
I am having trouble with code posted on a wiki page. The page in
question is
https://wiki.tcl-lang.org/page/Parsing+C+Types
- I created the three files descibed on this page (via copy and
paste),
- plus the tiny test file
- and started it as described
- and - BOOM: error message
missing close-brace: possible unbalanced brace in comment
while executing
"itcl::class CParser {"
(file "tmp/cparser.tcl" line 13)
That is, the creation of the CParser class is missing (at least !) one
closing brace.

Now AMG (the creator of this page) sure is no dabbler as he has
contributed several tools to the community and I am sure that the page
worked as advertised when originally posted.

Q: Exists the possibility to 'get back in history' on the wiki?
Perhaps someone has inadvertently changed something.

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Helmut

Re: Problems trying out wiki code

<to0mq1$19gq7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10435&group=comp.lang.tcl#10435

From: ric...@example.invalid (Rich)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
Subject: Re: Problems trying out wiki code
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 04:35:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Rich - Thu, 22 Dec 2022 04:35 UTC

Helmut Giese <hgiese@ratiosoft.com> wrote:
> Q: Exists the possibility to 'get back in history' on the wiki?
> Perhaps someone has inadvertently changed something.

Yes, somewhere on the page in the menus will be a "history" link, with
that you can "go back in time" to any prior version of the page.

I predict you'll find that a Pooryorick edit for his personal style
beliefs of how the Wiki pages should appear has also broken the TCL code
in the page.

Re: Problems trying out wiki code

<slrntq8to4.2bm.eric@bruno.deptj.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10442&group=comp.lang.tcl#10442

Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
From: eri...@deptj.eu (Eric)
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 16:25:56 +0100
 by: Eric - Thu, 22 Dec 2022 15:25 UTC

On 2022-12-22, Rich <rich@example.invalid> wrote:
> Helmut Giese <hgiese@ratiosoft.com> wrote:
>> Q: Exists the possibility to 'get back in history' on the wiki?
>> Perhaps someone has inadvertently changed something.
>
> Yes, somewhere on the page in the menus will be a "history" link, with
> that you can "go back in time" to any prior version of the page.
>
> I predict you'll find that a Pooryorick edit for his personal style
> beliefs of how the Wiki pages should appear has also broken the TCL code
> in the page.

And in that history, creation and edits are all AMG, except the latest,
which is by the current OP - and all he did is reformat a comment or
two, as far as I can tell with a quick look.

Poor Yorick, I have been annoyed with him in the past, but surely he
need not be a permanent scapegoat.

Eric
--
ms fnd in a lbry

Re: Problems trying out wiki code

<k029qhlia1s8rqigjv2n1ff7624ca7v824@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10443&group=comp.lang.tcl#10443

From: hgi...@ratiosoft.com (Helmut Giese)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 17:43:21 +0100
 by: Helmut Giese - Thu, 22 Dec 2022 16:43 UTC

>> I predict you'll find that a Pooryorick edit for his personal style
>> beliefs of how the Wiki pages should appear has also broken the TCL code
>> in the page.
>
>And in that history, creation and edits are all AMG, except the latest,
>which is by the current OP - and all he did is reformat a comment or
>two, as far as I can tell with a quick look.

which happend quite inadvertently - I am sorry (and I didn't realize
that I changed anything).

>Poor Yorick, I have been annoyed with him in the past, but surely he
>need not be a permanent scapegoat.
Me too, but this time he is isn't the culprit.
Helmut

Re: Problems trying out wiki code

<to21la$1dqm4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10444&group=comp.lang.tcl#10444

From: ric...@example.invalid (Rich)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 16:46:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Rich - Thu, 22 Dec 2022 16:46 UTC

Eric <eric@deptj.eu> wrote:
> On 2022-12-22, Rich <rich@example.invalid> wrote:
>> Helmut Giese <hgiese@ratiosoft.com> wrote:
>>> Q: Exists the possibility to 'get back in history' on the wiki?
>>> Perhaps someone has inadvertently changed something.
>>
>> Yes, somewhere on the page in the menus will be a "history" link,
>> with that you can "go back in time" to any prior version of the
>> page.
>>
>> I predict you'll find that a Pooryorick edit for his personal style
>> beliefs of how the Wiki pages should appear has also broken the TCL
>> code in the page.
>
> And in that history, creation and edits are all AMG, except the
> latest, which is by the current OP - and all he did is reformat a
> comment or two, as far as I can tell with a quick look.

Ah, so my prediction turned out to be incorrect in this instance.

> Poor Yorick, I have been annoyed with him in the past, but surely he
> need not be a permanent scapegoat.

Given the amount of damage he did, he became like Microsoft for their
historical actions, never possible to ever redeem themselves.