AUTHOR FvwmAuto just appeared one day, nobody knows how. -- FvwmAuto(1x)

devel / comp.lang.tcl / tablelist: row colors when -disabled?

SubjectAuthor
* tablelist: row colors when -disabled?Ralf Fassel
`* tablelist: row colors when -disabled?nemethi
 `* tablelist: row colors when -disabled?Ralf Fassel
  +* tablelist: row colors when -disabled?Rich
  |`- tablelist: row colors when -disabled?Ralf Fassel
  `- tablelist: row colors when -disabled?nemethi

1
tablelist: row colors when -disabled?

<ygacz6naz5j.fsf@akutech.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10685&group=comp.lang.tcl#10685

From: ralf...@gmx.de (Ralf Fassel)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
Subject: tablelist: row colors when -disabled?
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2023 11:03:52 +0100
 by: Ralf Fassel - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 10:03 UTC

I "configure -state disabled" my tablelist at the start of some long
operation to prevent the user from interfering with it while the
operation is in progress. Unfortunately, when a tablelist is configured
-disabled, all the colors go away, so I have a hard time indicating the
line which currently is processed.

Is there some way to have row colors in tablelist in state -disabled?
Note that -disabledforeground does not help, since that affects the
whole table.

R'

Re: tablelist: row colors when -disabled?

<trqutu$i93f$1@tota-refugium.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10686&group=comp.lang.tcl#10686

From: csaba.ne...@t-online.de (nemethi)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
Subject: Re: tablelist: row colors when -disabled?
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:22:06 +0100
 by: nemethi - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 13:22 UTC

Am 06.02.23 um 11:03 schrieb Ralf Fassel:
> I "configure -state disabled" my tablelist at the start of some long
> operation to prevent the user from interfering with it while the
> operation is in progress. Unfortunately, when a tablelist is configured
> -disabled, all the colors go away, so I have a hard time indicating the
> line which currently is processed.
>
> Is there some way to have row colors in tablelist in state -disabled?
> Note that -disabledforeground does not help, since that affects the
> whole table.
>
> R'

The behavior of the tablelist widgets in disabled state is the same as
that of the listboxes. I'm afraid there is no way to achieve what you
are after. :-(

--
Csaba Nemethi https://www.nemethi.de mailto:csaba.nemethi@t-online.de

Re: tablelist: row colors when -disabled?

<yga8rhac0py.fsf@akutech.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10688&group=comp.lang.tcl#10688

From: ralf...@gmx.de (Ralf Fassel)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2023 15:44:41 +0100
 by: Ralf Fassel - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:44 UTC

Thanks, Csaba, for the quick response.

* nemethi <csaba.nemethi@t-online.de>
| Am 06.02.23 um 11:03 schrieb Ralf Fassel:
| > Is there some way to have row colors in tablelist in state
| > -disabled?
--<snip-snip>--

| The behavior of the tablelist widgets in disabled state is the same as
| that of the listboxes. I'm afraid there is no way to achieve what you
| are after. :-(

Ok, then instead of disabling the whole tablelist, I could just set the
-editable of the columns to false and the -sortcommand to empty (and
probably disable some bindings). This should prevent any changes to the
tablelist, shouldn't it?

R'

Re: tablelist: row colors when -disabled?

<trr4qe$34j7q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10689&group=comp.lang.tcl#10689

From: ric...@example.invalid (Rich)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 15:02:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Rich - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 15:02 UTC

Ralf Fassel <ralfixx@gmx.de> wrote:
> Thanks, Csaba, for the quick response.
>
> * nemethi <csaba.nemethi@t-online.de>
> > Am 06.02.23 um 11:03 schrieb Ralf Fassel:
> > > Is there some way to have row colors in tablelist in state
> > > -disabled?
> --<snip-snip>--
>>
> > The behavior of the tablelist widgets in disabled state is the same
> > as that of the listboxes. I'm afraid there is no way to achieve
> > what you are after. :-(
>
> Ok, then instead of disabling the whole tablelist, I could just set
> the -editable of the columns to false and the -sortcommand to empty
> (and probably disable some bindings). This should prevent any
> changes to the tablelist, shouldn't it?

If you are on 8.6, can you use the "tk busy" command to make the
tablelist widget "busy" and achieve the same result?

Re: tablelist: row colors when -disabled?

<trrbk9$igqt$1@tota-refugium.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10690&group=comp.lang.tcl#10690

From: csaba.ne...@t-online.de (nemethi)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 17:58:49 +0100
 by: nemethi - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 16:58 UTC

Am 06.02.23 um 15:44 schrieb Ralf Fassel:
> Thanks, Csaba, for the quick response.
>
> * nemethi <csaba.nemethi@t-online.de>
> | Am 06.02.23 um 11:03 schrieb Ralf Fassel:
> | > Is there some way to have row colors in tablelist in state
> | > -disabled?
> --<snip-snip>--
>>
> | The behavior of the tablelist widgets in disabled state is the same as
> | that of the listboxes. I'm afraid there is no way to achieve what you
> | are after. :-(
>
> Ok, then instead of disabling the whole tablelist, I could just set the
> -editable of the columns to false and the -sortcommand to empty (and
> probably disable some bindings). This should prevent any changes to the
> tablelist, shouldn't it?
>
> R'

Yes, this sounds good.

--
Csaba Nemethi https://www.nemethi.de mailto:csaba.nemethi@t-online.de

Re: tablelist: row colors when -disabled?

<ygak00thjgf.fsf@akutech.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10695&group=comp.lang.tcl#10695

From: ralf...@gmx.de (Ralf Fassel)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2023 11:13:20 +0100
 by: Ralf Fassel - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 10:13 UTC

* Rich <rich@example.invalid>
| Ralf Fassel <ralfixx@gmx.de> wrote:
| > Ok, then instead of disabling the whole tablelist, I could just set
| > the -editable of the columns to false and the -sortcommand to empty
| > (and probably disable some bindings). This should prevent any
| > changes to the tablelist, shouldn't it?
>
| If you are on 8.6, can you use the "tk busy" command to make the
| tablelist widget "busy" and achieve the same result?

This sounds promising, will look into it.

R'