From: gaze...@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.programmer
Subject: Commentary on the commentary on my recent post about "umount"
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 17:34:00 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
 by: Kenny McCormack - Sat, 20 May 2023 17:34 UTC

As far as I can tell, all of the responses fall into one of the following
categories. None of them were at all helpful.

1) Idle chit-chat about NFS. The OP made it abundantly clear that talking
about NFS is irrelevant noise and totally outside of the conversation.

2) Well meaning, but off the mark comments about "umount -l". Note that OP
makes it clear that "umount -l" does more (and different) things than what
is mentioned in the man page. It was clarification of those other things
that I was seeking. I am still hopeful that someone will, in the fullness
of time, be able to comment meaningfully on those functionalities.

--
Adderall, pseudoephed, teleprompter