Newsgroups: comp.lang.xharbour
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 12:03:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Repository moved to https://github.com/ronpinkas/xharbour
From: dcwhat...@gmail.com (Dan Campbell)
 by: Dan Campbell - Sun, 7 May 2023 19:03 UTC

On Sunday, April 9, 2023 at 2:39:25 AM UTC-4, Ron Pinkas wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is to inform you that the xHarbour SourceForge repository has been ported with History to GitHub -> https://github.com/ronpinkas/xharbour
>
> I was not able to set all contributors emails, and contributors should have a GitHub account with respective email to be credited for their contributions. Should any contributor require assistance please feel welcome to contact me.
>
> Developers that wish to contribute, please contact me to get Write Access, and/or Admin access rights if applicable.
>
> For what its worth I believe the Harbour project: https://github.com/harbour/core may provide a better solution due to much improved core code. While it does not offer all of xHarbour's features and extensions, it does provide optional support for most extensions by means of the contrib/xhb module..
>
> In the alternate, should any developer[s] wish to bring xHarbour up to date I would recommend forking Harbour and reimplementing remaining xHarbour's unique features on top of Harbour's cleaner code base.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Ron

Pat & Ron,

Congratulations on a long run, and thanks for helping to keep Xbase alive.

Two questions:

1. Will the executables be available, without having to build them?

2. Do you or Pat have a Paypal donation option, so we can send a thanks from time to time?