Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS (click a section below)

mail  files  register  nodelist  faq  login

fortune: not found


programming / comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin / HTTPS Support?

SubjectAuthor
* HTTPS Support?Donald MacQueen
`* Re: HTTPS Support?john.a...@gmail.com
 `* Re: HTTPS Support?Donald MacQueen
  `* Re: HTTPS Support?john.a...@gmail.com
   `* Re: HTTPS Support?Donald MacQueen
    `- Re: HTTPS Support?picoVerse

1
Subject: HTTPS Support?
From: Donald MacQueen
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 23:23 UTC
X-Received: by 2002:ac8:7108:: with SMTP id z8mr5005610qto.55.1601508217494;
Wed, 30 Sep 2020 16:23:37 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:aca:d07:: with SMTP id 7mr2796988oin.65.1601508217302;
Wed, 30 Sep 2020 16:23:37 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!proxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!209.85.160.216.MISMATCH!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 16:23:36 -0700 (PDT)
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=2601:54a:7f:3b30:292c:1948:8d83:d959;
posting-account=UpumuQoAAAAi5GSTynv1xLVbg-ahxJoO
NNTP-Posting-Host: 2601:54a:7f:3b30:292c:1948:8d83:d959
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <cd534788-066a-4aae-8b17-f0b542892cd4n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: HTTPS Support?
From: dmm...@gmail.com (Donald MacQueen)
Injection-Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 23:23:37 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
View all headers
I am trying to write a small screen scrapper program to get data from an https url.

Is there an https package? Googling didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Donald [|]


Subject: Re: HTTPS Support?
From: john.a...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 07:43 UTC
References: 1
X-Received: by 2002:a37:a781:: with SMTP id q123mr6698719qke.436.1601538235126; Thu, 01 Oct 2020 00:43:55 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a05:6830:138f:: with SMTP id d15mr3893353otq.342.1601538234792; Thu, 01 Oct 2020 00:43:54 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!news.alt.net!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr2.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 00:43:54 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <cd534788-066a-4aae-8b17-f0b542892cd4n@googlegroups.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=85.203.70.180; posting-account=OQ6sIwoAAAC1iWrFEUhdmRsgEkeDOgOm
NNTP-Posting-Host: 85.203.70.180
References: <cd534788-066a-4aae-8b17-f0b542892cd4n@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <9644d58f-24a2-4401-ba8a-730c43dc0d1dn@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: HTTPS Support?
From: john.asp...@gmail.com (john.a...@gmail.com)
Injection-Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 07:43:55 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Lines: 24
View all headers
Hi Donald - a couple of options:

| request |
request := IWinHttpRequest new.
request open: 'GET' url: 'https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk' async: false.
request send.
request responseText

"or"
File readAllText: (URLMonLibrary default urlDownloadToCacheFile: 'https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk'

HTH.

John



On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 12:23:38 AM UTC+1, dmm...@gmail.com wrote:
I am trying to write a small screen scrapper program to get data from an https url.

Is there an https package? Googling didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Donald [|]


Subject: Re: HTTPS Support?
From: Donald MacQueen
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 23:57 UTC
References: 1 2
X-Received: by 2002:aed:3e44:: with SMTP id m4mr10474075qtf.33.1601596645403;
Thu, 01 Oct 2020 16:57:25 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a05:6830:1be7:: with SMTP id k7mr6791845otb.162.1601596645135;
Thu, 01 Oct 2020 16:57:25 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!proxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!209.85.160.216.MISMATCH!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 16:57:24 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <9644d58f-24a2-4401-ba8a-730c43dc0d1dn@googlegroups.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=71.60.28.194; posting-account=UpumuQoAAAAi5GSTynv1xLVbg-ahxJoO
NNTP-Posting-Host: 71.60.28.194
References: <cd534788-066a-4aae-8b17-f0b542892cd4n@googlegroups.com> <9644d58f-24a2-4401-ba8a-730c43dc0d1dn@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <319485ef-38ae-4568-a536-e51ac5712e32n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: HTTPS Support?
From: dmm...@gmail.com (Donald MacQueen)
Injection-Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 23:57:25 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
View all headers
On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 3:43:55 AM UTC-4, john.a...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Donald - a couple of options:

| request |
request := IWinHttpRequest new.
request open: 'GET' url: 'https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk' async: false.
request send.
request responseText

"or"
File readAllText: (URLMonLibrary default urlDownloadToCacheFile: 'https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk'

HTH.

John
On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 12:23:38 AM UTC+1, dmm...@gmail.com wrote:
I am trying to write a small screen scrapper program to get data from an https url.

Is there an https package? Googling didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Donald [|]

Hi John,

Inspecting the first code snippet returns nil.

The second says "File dnu readAllText:

Perhaps I am missing a package? I am using D6 Pro.

Thanks for the reply.

Donald [|]


Subject: Re: HTTPS Support?
From: john.a...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 08:10 UTC
References: 1 2 3
X-Received: by 2002:aed:3a86:: with SMTP id o6mr1069112qte.333.1601626247399; Fri, 02 Oct 2020 01:10:47 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a9d:478:: with SMTP id 111mr839093otc.182.1601626247070; Fri, 02 Oct 2020 01:10:47 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!aioe.org!peer02.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!tr1.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr2.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 01:10:46 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <319485ef-38ae-4568-a536-e51ac5712e32n@googlegroups.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=85.203.70.180; posting-account=OQ6sIwoAAAC1iWrFEUhdmRsgEkeDOgOm
NNTP-Posting-Host: 85.203.70.180
References: <cd534788-066a-4aae-8b17-f0b542892cd4n@googlegroups.com> <9644d58f-24a2-4401-ba8a-730c43dc0d1dn@googlegroups.com> <319485ef-38ae-4568-a536-e51ac5712e32n@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <5006acb0-974c-483d-8eeb-2eedf4769329n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: HTTPS Support?
From: john.asp...@gmail.com (john.a...@gmail.com)
Injection-Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 08:10:47 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Lines: 59
X-Received-Bytes: 3221
X-Received-Body-CRC: 3536832025
View all headers
Hi Donald - I'm using Dolphin 7.1. You can enable the examples in D6.1 (I don't currently have access to D6) as follows:

For the first example I get an undeclared error for IWinHttpRequest. You can generate this class with the ActiveX Component Wizard:

1) Browse; select 'Microsoft WinHTTP Services'; click OK
2) Next; uncheck the Class Prefix check box; Next
3) Generate; Finish

The first example should now work.

The second example will work modified as follows:

| stream |
stream := FileStream read: (URLMonLibrary default urlDownloadToCacheFile: 'https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk'
[stream upToEnd] ensure: [stream close]

Note this is all on Windows 10; I don't know if the examples will work on earlier Windows versions (maybe this is why you're still using D6?).

Cheers.

John




On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 12:57:26 AM UTC+1, dmm...@gmail.com wrote:
On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 3:43:55 AM UTC-4, john.a...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Donald - a couple of options:

| request |
request := IWinHttpRequest new.
request open: 'GET' url: 'https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk' async: false.
request send.
request responseText

"or"
File readAllText: (URLMonLibrary default urlDownloadToCacheFile: 'https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk'

HTH.

John
On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 12:23:38 AM UTC+1, dmm...@gmail.com wrote:
I am trying to write a small screen scrapper program to get data from an https url.

Is there an https package? Googling didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Donald [|]
Hi John,

Inspecting the first code snippet returns nil.

The second says "File dnu readAllText:

Perhaps I am missing a package? I am using D6 Pro.

Thanks for the reply.

Donald [|]


Subject: Re: HTTPS Support?
From: Donald MacQueen
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 21:05 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4
X-Received: by 2002:a0c:e505:: with SMTP id l5mr4059993qvm.35.1601672706195;
Fri, 02 Oct 2020 14:05:06 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:aca:6083:: with SMTP id u125mr2344227oib.14.1601672705920;
Fri, 02 Oct 2020 14:05:05 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!news.snarked.org!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 14:05:05 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <5006acb0-974c-483d-8eeb-2eedf4769329n@googlegroups.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=2601:54a:7f:3b30:a59e:547c:2103:705e;
posting-account=UpumuQoAAAAi5GSTynv1xLVbg-ahxJoO
NNTP-Posting-Host: 2601:54a:7f:3b30:a59e:547c:2103:705e
References: <cd534788-066a-4aae-8b17-f0b542892cd4n@googlegroups.com>
<9644d58f-24a2-4401-ba8a-730c43dc0d1dn@googlegroups.com> <319485ef-38ae-4568-a536-e51ac5712e32n@googlegroups.com>
<5006acb0-974c-483d-8eeb-2eedf4769329n@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <ed8ef81a-dd61-4161-8db0-0fad605a1be7n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: HTTPS Support?
From: dmm...@gmail.com (Donald MacQueen)
Injection-Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 21:05:06 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Lines: 30
View all headers
On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 4:10:48 AM UTC-4, john.a...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Donald - I'm using Dolphin 7.1. You can enable the examples in D6.1 (I don't currently have access to D6) as follows:

For the first example I get an undeclared error for IWinHttpRequest. You can generate this class with the ActiveX Component Wizard:

1) Browse; select 'Microsoft WinHTTP Services'; click OK
2) Next; uncheck the Class Prefix check box; Next
3) Generate; Finish

The first example should now work.

The second example will work modified as follows:

| stream |
stream := FileStream read: (URLMonLibrary default urlDownloadToCacheFile: 'https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk'
[stream upToEnd] ensure: [stream close]

Note this is all on Windows 10; I don't know if the examples will work on earlier Windows versions (maybe this is why you're still using D6?).

Cheers.

John

Hi John,

I got the first example to work on Win10 but not on Win 7, so I am good.

Thanks for your help.

Donald [|]
I love Smalltalk


Subject: Re: HTTPS Support?
From: picoVerse
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 04:25 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4 5
X-Received: by 2002:a37:77c5:: with SMTP id s188mr17926592qkc.266.1604982312783;
Mon, 09 Nov 2020 20:25:12 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 2002:a05:6830:2407:: with SMTP id j7mr12524774ots.342.1604982312576;
Mon, 09 Nov 2020 20:25:12 -0800 (PST)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.goja.nl.eu.org!2.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!proxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!209.85.160.216.MISMATCH!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 20:25:12 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <ed8ef81a-dd61-4161-8db0-0fad605a1be7n@googlegroups.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=67.170.96.7; posting-account=xPzC8QkAAACJR3tYIneNbKULYK9sb-Jf
NNTP-Posting-Host: 67.170.96.7
References: <cd534788-066a-4aae-8b17-f0b542892cd4n@googlegroups.com>
<9644d58f-24a2-4401-ba8a-730c43dc0d1dn@googlegroups.com> <319485ef-38ae-4568-a536-e51ac5712e32n@googlegroups.com>
<5006acb0-974c-483d-8eeb-2eedf4769329n@googlegroups.com> <ed8ef81a-dd61-4161-8db0-0fad605a1be7n@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <1b18280d-ea78-476f-8c7e-f1572f28cc16n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: HTTPS Support?
From: picove...@gmail.com (picoVerse)
Injection-Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 04:25:12 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
View all headers
wow

the world is no longer flat


1
rocksolid light 0.7.2
clearneti2ptor