Life is difficult because it is non-linear.

devel / comp.lang.forth / Forth Day including Forth IC, Greenarrays and obviously Chuck Moore and others

SubjectAuthor
* Forth Day including Forth IC, Greenarrays and obviously Chuck MooreJurgen Pitaske
+- Re: Forth Day including Forth IC, Greenarrays and obviously ChuckA.T. Murray
`- Re: Forth Day including Forth IC, Greenarrays and obviously ChuckJurgen Pitaske

1
Forth Day including Forth IC, Greenarrays and obviously Chuck Moore and others

<b64bdceb-7d9c-4b26-978c-0ceafe5e6158n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=15273&group=comp.lang.forth#15273

Newsgroups: comp.lang.forth
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 04:54:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Forth Day including Forth IC, Greenarrays and obviously Chuck Moore
and others
From: jpita...@gmail.com (Jurgen Pitaske)
 by: Jurgen Pitaske - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 12:54 UTC

f you're Zooming with us, go to MeetUp and register!

=========
09:00 WELCOME --- Kevin Appert, Program Chairman

09:10 Compiling Forth with LLVM --- Xuyang Chen
"MovForth can compile Forth code into executable binaries without sacrificing speed or portability.
Using LLVM, the same optimizer/code generator inside Clang and Rust, I show that Forth, too, can go very fast."

09:30 Forth Without Forth --- C. H. Ting
“Chuck wrote Forth in Forth and made it very difficult for people to break the chicken-egg cycle.
figForth and eForth had Forth in assembly, but they only transcribed Forth words from Forth to assembly.
With JavaScript, Java, and C++ we can now build Forth without a trace of Forth underneath.
In this way Forth is greatly simplified for the modern computers.”

10:00 3D Printing with Forth --- Brad Nelson
“3D printing is fun, and occasionally handy.
A couple hundred lines of Forth code can be used to create useful 3D printed objects.
Learn about Signed Distance Fields, Constructive Solid Geometry,
and the joys and frustrations of making things out of plastic.”

10:20 Enhance Your Forth Presentation --- Bill Ragsdale
Coaching on how to improve Forth Zoom presentations.

10:40 Interactive Development with SwiftForth and SwiftX --- Leon Wagner --- FORTH, Inc.
“A quick run through the interactive development tools in our hosted and cross-compiled systems.”

10:50 Proof Of Concept: Initial Integration of ficl into Zephyr
--- Dennis Ruffer
"The Zephyr OS is a small-footprint kernel designed for use on resource-constrained and embedded systems.
Integrating the Forth Inspired Command Language (ficl) provides an alternative, extensible diagnostic capability."

11:15 Forth in System Verilog --- Don Golding
"The goal of this project is to build both a Forth Engine (microcoding version)
plus a full Forth Computer on any FPGA.
The basic Forth engine is working using only 5 percent of fabric of a $20 FPGA.
The code is very readable and easily customizable."

11:35 Prolog in Forth --- Demitri Peynado
“My project was to revive Lou Odette’s Prolog implementation written in Forth.
This involved converting it from 16 bit to 32/64 bit, using ANSI Forth words,
and implementing the missing feature of backtracking.
Prolog is a logic programming language popular for symbolic AI and expert systems.
The goal is to eventually add Prolog to the Forth FPGA CPU as a tool for writing AI programs.”

11:55 Potential of 4th.CoSy for BigData --- Bob Armstrong
"CoSy is an APL/K level computational daytimer/notekeeping environment
in open to to chip Forth.
APL and K find their markets in complex global financial Big Data.
CoSy provides a path for Forth to address those markets . "

12:15 Forth Jeopardy --- With Host Bill Ragsdale

12:30 Fireside Chat --- Chuck Moore
It's a Forth Day tradition!

13:00 The Metaverse's New Clothes --- Greg Bailey --- GreenArrays, Inc.

Re: Forth Day including Forth IC, Greenarrays and obviously Chuck Moore and others

<4c28e1ba-3830-4dbe-88b9-83c2e873131an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=15279&group=comp.lang.forth#15279

Newsgroups: comp.lang.forth
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 22:29:06 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Forth Day including Forth IC, Greenarrays and obviously Chuck
Moore and others
From: mentific...@gmail.com (A.T. Murray)
 by: A.T. Murray - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 06:29 UTC

Forth is great for building a RoboMind.

https://ai.neocities.org/RoboMind.html -- Robot Forth Mind guaranteed to think.

https://ai.neocities.org/GreenArrays.html

Mentifex
--
https://cyborg.blogspot.com -- Cyborg weblog
https://ai.neocities.org/MFPJ.html -- MindForth Programming Journal

Re: Forth Day including Forth IC, Greenarrays and obviously Chuck Moore and others

<56540a2a-dd2f-4b07-a8ab-308fc5debe74n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=15315&group=comp.lang.forth#15315

Newsgroups: comp.lang.forth
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 12:17:31 -0800 (PST)
Moore and others
From: jpita...@gmail.com (Jurgen Pitaske)
 by: Jurgen Pitaske - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 20:17 UTC

On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 12:54:14 UTC, Jurgen Pitaske wrote:
> [...]
> “My project was to revive Lou Odette’s Prolog implementation written in Forth.
> This involved converting it from 16 bit to 32/64 bit, using ANSI Forth words,
> and implementing the missing feature of backtracking.
> Prolog is a logic programming language popular for symbolic AI and expert systems.
> The goal is to eventually add Prolog to the Forth FPGA CPU as a tool for writing AI programs.”
>
> 11:55 Potential of 4th.CoSy for BigData --- Bob Armstrong
> "CoSy is an APL/K level computational daytimer/notekeeping environment
> in open to to chip Forth.
> APL and K find their markets in complex global financial Big Data.
> CoSy provides a path for Forth to address those markets . "
>
> 12:15 Forth Jeopardy --- With Host Bill Ragsdale
>
> 12:30 Fireside Chat --- Chuck Moore
> It's a Forth Day tradition!
>
> 13:00 The Metaverse's New Clothes --- Greg Bailey --- GreenArrays, Inc.

Compiling Forth with LLVM --- Xuyang Chen (35:40)
https://youtu.be/a6UKYeMiFyQ

Forth Without Forth --- C. H. Ting (17:20)
https://youtu.be/bb5vi9kR1tE

3D Printing with Forth --- Brad Nelson (29:00)
https://youtu.be/26GeHePnRqw

Enhance Your Forth Presentation --- Bill Ragsdale (16:35)
https://youtu.be/PNxgpIRemjg

Proof Of Concept: Initial Integration of ficl into Zephyr --- Dennis Ruffer (33:50)
https://youtu.be/TJqic_d7ja8

Forth in System Verilog --- Don Golding (26:30)
https://youtu.be/DRtSSI_4dvk

Prolog in Forth --- Demitri Peynado (16:21)
https://youtu.be/lssivTrjlF0

Potential of 4th.CoSy for BigData --- Bob Armstrong (19:15)
https://youtu.be/GkSMdzH5PoU

Forth Jeopardy --- With Host Bill Ragsdale (15:00)
https://youtu.be/VycwAjU4G5k

Fireside Chat --- Chuck Moore (33:00)
https://youtu.be/BpsXyB2WsUw

The Metaverse's New Clothes --- Greg Bailey ---GreenArrays, Inc. (45:17)
https://youtu.be/ORs18jac2Tk