Row, row, row your bits, gently down the stream...

devel / alt.lang.asm / western people

SubjectAuthor
* western peoplePeter Cheung
+- Re: western peopleBranimir Maksimovic
`* Re: western peopleRod Pemberton
 `- Re: western peopleRod Pemberton

1
western people

<8d2c3931-b27a-4619-8148-e29eb592ba9cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=157&group=alt.lang.asm#157

Newsgroups: alt.lang.asm
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 12:33:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: western people
From: mcheun...@gmail.com (Peter Cheung)
 by: Peter Cheung - Mon, 11 Oct 2021 19:33 UTC

why western people always think they are leading the world for anti racism ? In eastern world during the history, we don't have much racism. Western world is 100x more race than eastern. Even in middle age, just much higher racism.

Re: western people

<gve9J.233110$T_8.79422@fx48.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=158&group=alt.lang.asm#158

Newsgroups: alt.lang.asm
From: branimir...@icloud.com (Branimir Maksimovic)
Subject: Re: western people
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 11:41:00 GMT
 by: Branimir Maksimovic - Tue, 12 Oct 2021 11:41 UTC

On 2021-10-11, Peter Cheung <mcheung63@gmail.com> wrote:
> why western people always think they are leading the world for anti racism ?
> In eastern world during the history, we don't have much racism. Western world
> is 100x more race than eastern. Even in middle age, just much higher racism.
Racism is just cromagnon thinking that color is what is important :P
What is really important is blood group :P

--

7-77-777
Evil Sinner!

Re: western people

<skb4o9$ncv$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=159&group=alt.lang.asm#159

From: noem...@basdxcqvbe.com (Rod Pemberton)
Newsgroups: alt.lang.asm
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 01:50:21 -0500
 by: Rod Pemberton - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 06:50 UTC

On Mon, 11 Oct 2021 12:33:18 -0700 (PDT)
Peter Cheung <mcheung63@gmail.com> wrote:

> why western people always think they are leading the world for anti
> racism ? In eastern world during the history, we don't have much
> racism. Western world is 100x more race than eastern. Even in middle
> age, just much higher racism.

Does India have a problem with racism?
Does Africa have a problem with racism?
Does China have a problem with racism?

I would argue that they don't have as much racism as the U.S., simply
because people of other countries are predominantly comprised of people
of a single race (Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid, Australoid) or a have a
dominant ethnic group, e.g., Bantu in Africa, Han in China, etc. India
is comprised of two groups with each comprised of multiple ethnicities:
Indo-Aryan (northern ethnicities) and Davidian (southern ethniticites).
Likewise, Mexico has no race, but is comprised of many enthnicities.
The E.U. and U.K. are predominantly one race: Caucasian, i.e., "white"
people. (I put white in quotes because it's the English term for the
lightest skinned people, not literally the color white, just as "black"
is the English term for the darkest skinned people, not literally the
color black.) The population of individual European countries is
dominated by a specific ethnicity, e.g., English, Irish, Scots, Welsh,
French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, etc. Whereas, the U.S. is
comprised of a wide mixture of people, of different races, different
ethnicities, from all over the world, hence, racial and ethnic
hostilities. An old cliche in English says, "Familiarity breeds
contempt." I.e., the more familiar you become with people who are
different from you, the more you hate them. Another way to look at
this, is that "races" (or ethnicities) are the direct result of racism,
i.e., we wouldn't look unique, look like ourselves or ancestors, such as
looking white, black, Asian or, looking European, African, Chinese, etc,
if our ancestors hadn't discriminated against other people. Humanity
would only have a single race, single ethnicity, single eye shape,
single skin color, single hare type, etc without discrimination.
Whether we like it or not, discrimination is what made us unique as
people, as cultures, as countrymen. Without it, we'd all look the same.

--
Donald Trump: No oil rigs off the East coast.
Joe Biden: Windfarms off of all our coasts.

Re: western people

<skb4r6$ncv$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=160&group=alt.lang.asm#160

From: noem...@basdxcqvbe.com (Rod Pemberton)
Newsgroups: alt.lang.asm
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 01:51:54 -0500
 by: Rod Pemberton - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 06:51 UTC

On Fri, 15 Oct 2021 01:50:21 -0500
Rod Pemberton <noemail@basdxcqvbe.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Oct 2021 12:33:18 -0700 (PDT)
> Peter Cheung <mcheung63@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > why western people always think they are leading the world for anti
> > racism ? In eastern world during the history, we don't have much
> > racism. Western world is 100x more race than eastern. Even in middle
> > age, just much higher racism.
>
> Does India have a problem with racism?
> Does Africa have a problem with racism?
> Does China have a problem with racism?
>
> I would argue that they don't have as much racism as the U.S., simply
> because people of other countries are predominantly comprised of
> people of a single race (Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid, Australoid)
> or a have a dominant ethnic group, e.g., Bantu in Africa, Han in
> China, etc. India is comprised of two groups with each comprised of
> multiple ethnicities: Indo-Aryan (northern ethnicities) and Davidian
> (southern ethniticites). Likewise, Mexico has no race, but is
> comprised of many enthnicities. The E.U. and U.K. are predominantly
> one race: Caucasian, i.e., "white" people. (I put white in quotes
> because it's the English term for the lightest skinned people, not
> literally the color white, just as "black" is the English term for
> the darkest skinned people, not literally the color black.) The
> population of individual European countries is dominated by a
> specific ethnicity, e.g., English, Irish, Scots, Welsh, French,
> Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, etc. Whereas, the U.S. is comprised
> of a wide mixture of people, of different races, different
> ethnicities, from all over the world, hence, racial and ethnic
> hostilities. An old cliche in English says, "Familiarity breeds
> contempt." I.e., the more familiar you become with people who are
> different from you, the more you hate them. Another way to look at
> this, is that "races" (or ethnicities) are the direct result of
> racism, i.e., we wouldn't look unique, look like ourselves or
> ancestors, such as looking white, black, Asian or, looking European,
> African, Chinese, etc, if our ancestors hadn't discriminated against
> other people. Humanity would only have a single race, single
> ethnicity, single eye shape, single skin color, single hare type, etc
> without discrimination. Whether we like it or not, discrimination is
> what made us unique as people, as cultures, as countrymen. Without
> it, we'd all look the same.

hare -> hair