Subject: Package Browser does not browse offline packages
From: F Bek
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 23:21 UTC
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 15:21:01 -0800 (PST)
From: fbekd...@gmail.com (F Bek)
Beginner's question.
Dolphin Smalltalk (DS) 7.1.19

While the Package Browser does a good job at looking into all aspects and details of the installed packages, it is unable to open and read packages which are not installed, without installing them on the fly first - which may cause havoc if they are badly behaved.

The closest thing I've found, was using the Chunk Browser, which offers a kind of similar functionality, without the neat organization of the former. But I am still wondering why the Package Browser cannot sneak peak into off-image packages, provide details and possibly prewarn about eventual incompatibilities. Or is there a way?

Thanks for reading and eventually responding .
FB

From: john.a...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 11:21 UTC