"You need tender loving care once a week - so that I can slap you into shape." -- Ellyn Mustard

devel / comp.lang.forth / Re: Comments: ColorForth binary in JavaScript!

SubjectAuthor
* Comments: ColorForth binary in JavaScript!Wayne morellini
+* Re: Comments: ColorForth binary in JavaScript!meff
|`- Re: Comments: ColorForth binary in JavaScript!Wayne morellini
`* Forth processor project Re: Comments: ColorForth binary in JavaScript!Wayne morellini
 `- Re: Forth processor project Re: Comments: ColorForth binary in JavaScript!Wayne morellini

1
Comments: ColorForth binary in JavaScript!

<d37f6499-3cd4-483a-8d02-c920cab01aden@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=17276&group=comp.lang.forth#17276

Newsgroups: comp.lang.forth
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 08:41:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Comments: ColorForth binary in JavaScript!
From: waynemor...@gmail.com (Wayne morellini)
 by: Wayne morellini - Tue, 15 Mar 2022 15:41 UTC

I had been interested in this. The current JavaScript binary is complex, but ColorForth instructions are compiled to x86, which adds speed, and could be compiled to other processors machine instruction set.

So, you write in ColorForth in JavaScript to use JavaScript calls and virtual machine. However, in competing processors the binary data storage format can be different.

What do people think of the solutions for implementing the binary storage/machine code, and compiling into other competing processors? Also, obviously, people would like to edit colorforth on normal JavaScript editors, with it, then compile and packaged it out? People would also, Want to include optional source, as the JavaScript binary does? To myself, the last part isn't something I need, but, people like to present modifiable web page code..

An additional thought:

Implementing an alternative to PHP, etc, in Colorforth under JavaScript?

Re: Comments: ColorForth binary in JavaScript!

<8JaYJ.222993$t2Bb.57915@fx98.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=17280&group=comp.lang.forth#17280

Newsgroups: comp.lang.forth
From: ema...@example.com (meff)
Subject: Re: Comments: ColorForth binary in JavaScript!
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 01:05:08 GMT
 by: meff - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 01:05 UTC

On 2022-03-15, Wayne morellini <waynemorellini@gmail.com> wrote:
> What do people think of the solutions for implementing the binary storage/machine code, and compiling into other competing processors? Also, obviously, people would like to edit colorforth on normal JavaScript editors, with it, then compile and packaged it out? People would also, Want to include optional source, as the JavaScript binary does? To myself, the last part isn't something I need, but, people like to present modifiable web page code.

You could also try to build atop WASM and have ColorForth generate
WASM code, but there are challenges with using WASM.

Re: Comments: ColorForth binary in JavaScript!

<f7fa7f06-554f-4cdd-a28b-7911a04d7054n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=17283&group=comp.lang.forth#17283

Newsgroups: comp.lang.forth
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 01:28:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: waynemor...@gmail.com (Wayne morellini)
 by: Wayne morellini - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 08:28 UTC

On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 11:05:11 AM UTC+10, meff wrote:
> On 2022-03-15, Wayne morellini <waynemo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What do people think of the solutions for implementing the binary storage/machine code, and compiling into other competing processors? Also, obviously, people would like to edit colorforth on normal JavaScript editors, with it, then compile and packaged it out? People would also, Want to include optional source, as the JavaScript binary does? To myself, the last part isn't something I need, but, people like to present modifiable web page code..
> You could also try to build atop WASM and have ColorForth generate
> WASM code, but there are challenges with using WASM.

I'm trying to avoid that. I'm trying to make ColorForth the binary, as it translates directly to a subset of x86 code. A few hundred transistors, and the few instructions sequences used, could be replaced by instructions, making the x86 x86 a native color forth processor. Google used to have a standard to run x86 code on the web and Api's. I'm thinking that a compact instruction binary format can be compiled into x86 instructions at load time.. Which means maybe a few hundred transistors more to have a ColorForth instruction set mode on the x86. Mixc86 (minimum instruction Xcrossbred computer 86 :)). JavaScript is only used as a common standard API interface across consumer platforms. Using the Firefox OS like minimal system, you get a platform for devices. Literally, ColorForth phone, ColorForth watch game console, ColorForth commercial devices and equipment. Chuck won't always be with us, so it is a good way to honour him. We have a lot of negative people around that don't even have a bright idea to contribute, only a down hill spiral.

Forth processor project Re: Comments: ColorForth binary in JavaScript!

<1d4deeaf-1aae-4bf4-b7b2-71cbbfb0b957n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=19928&group=comp.lang.forth#19928

Newsgroups: comp.lang.forth
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 23:06:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: waynemor...@gmail.com (Wayne morellini)
 by: Wayne morellini - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 06:06 UTC

On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 2:41:30 AM UTC+11, Wayne morellini wrote:
> I had been interested in this. The current JavaScript binary is complex, but ColorForth instructions are compiled to x86, which adds speed, and could be compiled to other processors machine instruction set.
>
> So, you write in ColorForth in JavaScript to use JavaScript calls and virtual machine. However, in competing processors the binary data storage format can be different.
>
> What do people think of the solutions for implementing the binary storage/machine code, and compiling into other competing processors? Also, obviously, people would like to edit colorforth on normal JavaScript editors, with it, then compile and packaged it out? People would also, Want to include optional source, as the JavaScript binary does? To myself, the last part isn't something I need, but, people like to present modifiable web page code.
>

> An additional thought:
>
> Implementing an alternative to PHP, etc, in Colorforth under JavaScript?

Syncing forth processor project threads.

Re: Forth processor project Re: Comments: ColorForth binary in JavaScript!

<36b847b1-22df-400d-81df-053327cd34can@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=19941&group=comp.lang.forth#19941

Newsgroups: comp.lang.forth
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 08:32:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: waynemor...@gmail.com (Wayne morellini)
 by: Wayne morellini - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 15:32 UTC

On Sunday, September 4, 2022 at 4:06:04 PM UTC+10, Wayne morellini wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 2:41:30 AM UTC+11, Wayne morellini wrote:
> > I had been interested in this. The current JavaScript binary is complex, but ColorForth instructions are compiled to x86, which adds speed, and could be compiled to other processors machine instruction set.
> >
> > So, you write in ColorForth in JavaScript to use JavaScript calls and virtual machine. However, in competing processors the binary data storage format can be different.
> >
> > What do people think of the solutions for implementing the binary storage/machine code, and compiling into other competing processors? Also, obviously, people would like to edit colorforth on normal JavaScript editors, with it, then compile and packaged it out? People would also, Want to include optional source, as the JavaScript binary does? To myself, the last part isn't something I need, but, people like to present modifiable web page code..
> >

> > An additional thought:
> >
> > Implementing an alternative to PHP, etc, in Colorforth under JavaScript?
> Syncing forth processor project threads.

Forth processor project

https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.forth/c/6adve-Z1ppU/m/ymmLagxEBwAJ