Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 02:50:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: VLFloat, numbers view and mathematicl problems
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 09:50 UTC

I have recently released a C++ library update.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cscall/files/latest/download
The main change is adding a class VLFloat for variable length floating-point
number. Although a work of a bit more than two months, not extensively tested,
yet many mathematical questions can be practically answered and verified.
(thanks to C++'s expressiveness, if one use it properly)

What is more significant, IMO, is about the number view. This is the beginning
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cscall/files/MisFiles/Infinity-en.txt/download
Note that I am not particularly interested in the "0.999...=1" such a little piece of cake.
To the most interested, I guess, would be:
1. lim(x->∞) 1/x=0 is illogical as a foundation of a 'logical' theory.
2. Euler's identity is very questionable.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cscall/files/MisFiles/NumberView-en.txt/download
I showed that Calculus is also questionable for transcendental functions.
As Engineering math., this is OK, because small errors can often be ignored not
to say infinitesimal errors.

In all, mathematicians should re-think the relevant topics, I am just a programmer.

Re: VLFloat, numbers view and mathematicl problems

<87r1bxh4uo.fsf@bsb.me.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18852&group=comp.lang.c#18852

From: ben.use...@bsb.me.uk (Ben Bacarisse)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 11:10:39 +0000
 by: Ben Bacarisse - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 11:10 UTC

wij <wyniijj@gmail.com> writes:

> I have recently released a C++ library update.

You probably meant to post in comp.lang.c++. There's a bug (apparently)
in Google Groups's interface to Usenet that drops the ++ in some
situations.

--
Ben.