From: ram...@zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: [META]The Subject header field
Date: 20 Dec 2021 17:11:31 GMT
 by: Stefan Ram - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 17:11 UTC

Dave Dunfield <dave.dunfield@gmail.com> writes:
>Out of curiosity - what is "good form" to reference the title?

Usenet posts can have a Subject (not "title"), which is a
header field. (I also use "header line".) To reference the
Subject in a sentence use the noun phrase "the Subject" or
"the subject". If this is not clear in a certain case, add
" of this thread" or " of this post". For example,

|But I would like to come back again to the topic that was
|given in the Subject of this thread, i.e., to what extend
|parity bits can be accessed from C.

.

Re: [META]The Subject header field

<eY2wJ.87014$JZ3.64200@fx05.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=19580&group=comp.lang.c#19580

Subject: Re: [META]The Subject header field
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 12:21:15 -0500
 by: Richard Damon - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 17:21 UTC

On 12/20/21 12:11 PM, Stefan Ram wrote:
> Dave Dunfield <dave.dunfield@gmail.com> writes:
>> Out of curiosity - what is "good form" to reference the title?
>
> Usenet posts can have a Subject (not "title"), which is a
> header field. (I also use "header line".) To reference the
> Subject in a sentence use the noun phrase "the Subject" or
> "the subject". If this is not clear in a certain case, add
> " of this thread" or " of this post". For example,
>
> |But I would like to come back again to the topic that was
> |given in the Subject of this thread, i.e., to what extend
> |parity bits can be accessed from C.

If you mean the parity bits that the hardware uses to check for errors
in accessing words of physical memory, you can't, unless the hardware
has some special access mode to read them.

If you mean parity bits as part of a message packet that the software
protocal is supossed to handle, they will just be in the location of the
message that they are defined to be.

Re: [META]The Subject header field

<_T3wJ.136931$aF1.136876@fx98.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=19582&group=comp.lang.c#19582

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 18:24:58 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 18:24 UTC

ram@zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram) writes:
>Dave Dunfield <dave.dunfield@gmail.com> writes:
>>Out of curiosity - what is "good form" to reference the title?
>
> Usenet posts can have a Subject (not "title"), which is a
> header field. (I also use "header line".) To reference the
> Subject in a sentence use the noun phrase "the Subject" or
> "the subject". If this is not clear in a certain case, add
> " of this thread" or " of this post". For example,

Every post has a Message-ID header which uniquely identifies
the post and can be a key for searching the archives.

Stefan's post message id is: