Subject: implementing multidimensional multidirectional binary trees
From: unidef
Newsgroups: comp.lang.asm.x86
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 12:04 UTC
From: jon...@nospicedham.unidef-systems.com (unidef)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.asm.x86
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 07:04:10 -0500
View all headers
I want to inline some assembly code as an alternative measure to a c
mdmdbt, how would I implement it on x86asm?

--
“There is nothing certain in this world, aside from Death or Taxes” -
Benjamin Franklin

From: Terje Mathisen
Newsgroups: comp.lang.asm.x86
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 05:29 UTC
From: terje.ma...@nospicedham.tmsw.no (Terje Mathisen)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.asm.x86
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 07:29:04 +0200
View all headers
unidef wrote:
I want to inline some assembly code as an alternative measure to a c
mdmdbt, how would I implement it on x86asm?

This is almost certainly a _very_ bad idea, unless youwant to do it as a learning experience: There is nothing in those algorithms which lead me to expect large speedups from going to assembler.

Can you post some sample C code, like a lookup or insert?

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>

From: unidef
Newsgroups: comp.lang.asm.x86
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 20:59 UTC
From: jon...@nospicedham.unidef-systems.com (unidef)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.asm.x86
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 15:59:19 -0500
View all headers
Terje Mathisen <terje.mathisen@nospicedham.tmsw.no> wrote:
unidef wrote:
I want to inline some assembly code as an alternative measure to a c
mdmdbt, how would I implement it on x86asm?

This is almost certainly a _very_ bad idea, unless youwant to do it as a
learning experience: There is nothing in those algorithms which lead me
to expect large speedups from going to assembler.

Can you post some sample C code, like a lookup or insert?

Terje

I have code at https://unidef.net/quantum.source/

Inserting is done by looping the mdmdbt until you find the *description,
followed by a wonderful parsing function, followed by adding a node and
hoping for the best. Now that I think about it I’ll need a heavy neural
sort() algorithm based on multidimensional multidirectional graphs