From: jameskuy...@alumni.caltech.edu (James Kuyper)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Planned purchases
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 14:51:54 -0500
 by: James Kuyper - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:51 UTC

Humidifier:
According to Consumer Reports, the Essick MA1201 Humidifier is a "best
buy". It's available from both Home Depot and Target under the brand
name "Aircare" at $139.99.

Home depot can ship it to their Germantown store by 1/20 to 1/21; it can
deliver it to our house by 1/21 - shipping is free either way.

Target can deliver it to our home for free by 1/22.

Rind Doorbell 3:
> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08G5BGXB6/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_EQWR46VS18V4F3CS27KT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Is available from Amazon.com for $145.00. It can be delivered to our
house with free shipping by 1/27

Mattress:
Macy's: Posturepedic Hybrid Medina 11" Firm Mattress- Full $593.10

Re: Planned purchases

<ss9r72$2aae7$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=20047&group=comp.lang.c#20047

From: inva...@hello.com (Dorothy Perkins)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: Planned purchases
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:07:10 +0000
 by: Dorothy Perkins - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:07 UTC

On 19/01/2022 19:51, James Kuyper wrote:
> Humidifier:

Please stick to C and/or C++ on these newsgroups. This is not the place to discuss your planned purchases.

Re: Planned purchases

<ss9s3n$3cap1$1@news.xmission.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=20048&group=comp.lang.c#20048

From: gaze...@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:25:27 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
 by: Kenny McCormack - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:25 UTC

In article <ss9r72$2aae7$1@paganini.bofh.team>,
Dorothy Perkins <invalid@hello.com> wrote:
>On 19/01/2022 19:51, James Kuyper wrote:
>> Humidifier:
>>

>Please stick to C and/or C++ on these newsgroups. This is not the place to
>discuss your planned purchases.

This particular poster, who is, in fact, a group regular and pretty
consistent poster - who sticks closely to the party line - often has this
problem where he gets confused between email and news. Every so often, he
posts personal email as a CLC item. It is embarrassing, but we've all
gotten used to it. It seems to be an artifact of using the same Windows
tool (Thunderbird?) to perform two similar, but very different functions.
I don't recommend this practice.

Expect any minute now, an apology from the poster, admitting that, oops, I
did it again...

http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/DanQuayle

Re: Planned purchases

<ssb34u$10r1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=20054&group=comp.lang.c#20054

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 02:31:26 -0500
 by: Paul - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 07:31 UTC

On 1/19/2022 3:25 PM, Kenny McCormack wrote:
> In article <ss9r72$2aae7$1@paganini.bofh.team>,
> Dorothy Perkins <invalid@hello.com> wrote:
>> On 19/01/2022 19:51, James Kuyper wrote:
>>> Humidifier:
>>>

>> Please stick to C and/or C++ on these newsgroups. This is not the place to
>> discuss your planned purchases.
>>

> This particular poster, who is, in fact, a group regular and pretty
> consistent poster - who sticks closely to the party line - often has this
> problem where he gets confused between email and news. Every so often, he
> posts personal email as a CLC item. It is embarrassing, but we've all
> gotten used to it. It seems to be an artifact of using the same Windows
> tool (Thunderbird?) to perform two similar, but very different functions.
> I don't recommend this practice.
>
> Expect any minute now, an apology from the poster, admitting that, oops, I
> did it again...

By putting the USENET servers in one Profile and all
the Email accounts in a second Profile, you can try
steering the profile choice with shortcuts. By making the
profiles exclusive to one medium type, that prevents Reply/Followup/Bugs
in Thunderbird from doing this.

/usr/bin/thunderbird -P "Profile Name"

/usr/bin/thunderbird -P "USENET" <=== USENET accounts only (no SMTP)
/usr/bin/thunderbird -P "Email" <=== Email accounts only

It might be possible to work at the profile folder level,
make some clones, change the names on the folders, then fire up
Thunderbird and delete the unwanted items from a particular profile.

I use two separate tools, so the USENET stays in one tool, Email
stays in a second tool. But not everyone wants to do it that way.
Profile steering might give some level of separation.

Paul