Newsgroups: comp.lang.c,alt.conspiracy
Subject: Re: TIME TO CANCEL FACEBOOK AND STACK OVERFLOW
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 02:31:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 02:31 UTC

skybuck2000 <skybuck2000@hotmail.com> wrote:
> IT'S TIME TO BANNISH THEM FROM THE INTERNET, FOR:
>
> 1. LIMITING THE ABILITY TO ASK QUESTIONS.
> 2. LIMITING THE ABILITY TO ADD LINKS TO PICTURE.
> 3. BANNING THRUTH SPEAKERS FROM FACEBOOK DURING THE CORONA CRISIS.
> 4. BANNING THE UNITED STATE PRESIDENT FROM TWITTER.
> 5. BANNING ALEX JONES FROM YOUTUBE.
> 6. BANNING ALEX JONES FROM TWITTER.
> 7. ARTISTS TRYING TO BAN JOE RAGANS OR WHOEVER THE FUCK HE IS FROM PODCASTS/SPOTIFY.

While I agree with your sentiment whole heartedly (you can add Google
and ANYTHING controversial in WikiCCPedia as well) we have to be careful
not to endow them with our hatred and bitterness.

It is enough to simply leave.

These corporations (and I would surmise wikipedia as well) have been
co-opted.

You can tell because Apple's apparent customers aren't exactly thrilled
at the prospect of having their photos uploaded for AI inspection, and I
haven't met too many people who think AT&T or Google need to do more
spying. Where is the demand coming from?

Theres really only one explanation for why Amazon chose to alienate half
their customer base last year and signal to the world that if you use
amazon services, you can be cancelled at a whim.

That explanation is that the people who use Amazon, YouTube, Google,
FaceBook, WikiPedia and so-forth aren't their real customers. Google,
Wikipedia, Facebook and Amazon don't actually care what you or I
think of them. It's quite obvious by their behavior we aren't their true
customers.

What I find most disturbing is that the so-called leaders of the free
world don't seem to care what their constituents want either. I don't
know too many people who think their government doesn't spy on them
enough, and I have yet to meet someone who would like to see their bank
account frozen for having unacceptable views.

This lack of concern suggests to me that the elections (and I'm not
speaking solely about the US election, I mean across the globe) are no
longer valid. The leaders are dictating to us which views they would
like us to have.

Given the global nature of the phenomena, I think it's safe to say that
whoever is behind this is global in nature.

There are alternatives. I seldom use youtube anymore.
What this has to do with C? I have no idea. I set a Follow-Up.

devel / comp.lang.c / Re: TIME TO CANCEL FACEBOOK AND STACK OVERFLOW