Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS (click a section below)

mail  files  register  nodelist  faq  login

And on the seventh day, He exited from append mode.


programming / comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin / Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8

SubjectAuthor
* Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8Scott McWilliams
`* Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8Scott McWilliams
 `* Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8Scott McWilliams
  +- Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8F Bek
  `* Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8Scott McWilliams
   `* Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8Scott McWilliams
    `* Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8F Bek
     `* Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8Scott McWilliams
      `* Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8Scott McWilliams
       `- Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8Scott McWilliams

1
Subject: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: Scott McWilliams
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 14:07 UTC
X-Received: by 2002:a05:6214:9c9:: with SMTP id dp9mr9548692qvb.34.1616162855477;
Fri, 19 Mar 2021 07:07:35 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:aca:aa96:: with SMTP id t144mr1156341oie.131.1616162855220;
Fri, 19 Mar 2021 07:07:35 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!news.snarked.org!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 07:07:35 -0700 (PDT)
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=98.195.153.189; posting-account=UYtTcwoAAABQV700HQ2QW4xbagv2F8m2
NNTP-Posting-Host: 98.195.153.189
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <fe8be247-25e9-4f0f-85d2-366fbb833eban@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: scottmcw...@gmail.com (Scott McWilliams)
Injection-Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 14:07:35 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Lines: 118
View all headers
I'm getting a boot failure with 7.2.8.  Last fetch from GitHub was 2 minutes ago.  Relevant portion (I think) of error log shown below.  Any ideas/help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott


********************* Dolphin Virtual Machine Dump Report **********************


08:58:58, 3/19/2021: Not found: SmalltalkWorkspace

*----> VM Context <----*
Process: {03940210:size 684 words, suspended frame 03940D01, priority 5, callbacks 0, FP control 80007, thread 00D6C8B0}
Active Method: BootSessionManager>>logError:
IP: 036A7D61 (9)
SP: 03940EC0
BP: 03940E94 (786)
ActiveFrame: {03940E98: cf 03940E79, sp 03940EB0, bp 03940E94, ip 5, BootSessionManager>>logError:}
receiver: a BootSessionManager
arg[0]: a NotFoundError

New Method: VMLibrary>>dump:path:stackDepth:walkbackDepth:
Message Selector: dump:path:stackDepth:walkbackDepth:

*----> Stack Back Trace <----*
{03940E98: cf 03940E79, sp 03940EB0, bp 03940E94, ip 5, BootSessionManager>>logError:}
receiver: a BootSessionManager
arg[0]: a NotFoundError

{03940E78: cf 03940E59, sp 03940E8C, bp 03940E74, ip 3, BootSessionManager>>unhandledException:}
receiver: a BootSessionManager
arg[0]: a NotFoundError

{03940E58: cf 03940E39, sp 03940E6C, bp 03940E54, ip 3, BootSessionManager(SessionManager)>>onUnhandledError:}
receiver: a BootSessionManager
arg[0]: a NotFoundError

{03940E38: cf 03940E1D, sp 03940E4C, bp 03940E38, ip 5, NotFoundError(Error)>>defaultAction}
receiver: a NotFoundError

{03940E1C: cf 03940DE9, sp 03940E30, bp 03940E04, ip 55, NotFoundError(Exception)>>_propagateFrom:}
receiver: a NotFoundError
arg[0]: a ExceptionHandler
stack temp[0]: nil
stack temp[1]: a ExceptionHandler
stack temp[2]: nil
stack temp[3]: a Process(8'Main' base 03940000* in BootSessionManager>>logError: sp=00000000 ip=4 list=10070010)
stack temp[4]: nil

{03940DE8: cf 03940DC5, sp 03940DFC, bp 03940DE4, ip 6, NotFoundError(Exception)>>_propagate}
receiver: a NotFoundError
stack temp[0]: nil

{03940DC4: cf 03940DA9, sp 03940DDC, bp 03940DC4, ip 3, NotFoundError(Exception)>>pass}
receiver: a NotFoundError

{03940DA8: cf 03940D89, sp 03940DBC, bp 03940DA4, ip 125, [] in UndefinedObject>>**Non-symbol: 8'doIt'**}
receiver: nil
arg[0]: a NotFoundError

{03940D88: cf 03940D59, sp 03940D9C, bp 03940D7C, ip 40, [] in NotFoundError(Exception)>>_evaluateHandler:in:}
receiver: a NotFoundError

{03940D58: cf 03940D35, sp 03940D6C, bp 03940D50, ip 18, BlockClosure>>ensure:}
receiver: [] @ 0 in nil
arg[0]: [] @ 52 in Exception>>_evaluateHandler:in:
stack temp[0]: nil

{03940D34: cf 03940CFD, sp 03940D48, bp 03940D18, ip 61, NotFoundError(Exception)>>_evaluateHandler:in:}
receiver: a NotFoundError
arg[0]: [] @ 123 in a CompiledExpression
arg[1]: a ExceptionHandler
stack temp[0]: nil
stack temp[1]: a ExceptionHandler
stack temp[2]: nil
stack temp[3]: nil
stack temp[4]: a Process(8'Main' base 03940000* in BootSessionManager>>logError: sp=00000000 ip=4 list=10070010)

{03940CFC: cf 03940CC9, sp 03940D10, bp 03940CE4, ip 43, NotFoundError(Exception)>>_propagateFrom:}
receiver: a NotFoundError
arg[0]: a ExceptionHandler
stack temp[0]: a ExceptionHandler
stack temp[1]: a ExceptionHandler
stack temp[2]: nil
stack temp[3]: a Process(8'Main' base 03940000* in BootSessionManager>>logError: sp=00000000 ip=4 list=10070010)
stack temp[4]: [] @ 123 in a CompiledExpression

{03940CC8: cf 03940CA9, sp 03940CDC, bp 03940CC4, ip 6, NotFoundError(Exception)>>_propagate}
receiver: a NotFoundError
stack temp[0]: nil

{03940CA8: cf 03940C8D, sp 03940CBC, bp 03940CA8, ip 13, NotFoundError(Exception)>>signal}
receiver: a NotFoundError

{03940C8C: cf 03940C69, sp 03940CA0, bp 03940C84, ip 8, NotFoundError(Exception)>>signal:with:}
receiver: a NotFoundError
arg[0]: nil
arg[1]: a BindingReference

{03940C68: cf 03940C49, sp 03940C7C, bp 03940C64, ip 5, NotFoundError(Exception)>>signalWith:}
receiver: a NotFoundError
arg[0]: a BindingReference

{03940C48: cf 03940C29, sp 03940C5C, bp 03940C44, ip 8, Smalltalk class(Object)>>errorNotFound:}
receiver: Smalltalk
arg[0]: a BindingReference

{03940C28: cf 03940C09, sp 03940C3C, bp 03940C28, ip 9, BindingReference(AbstractBindingReference)>>binding}
receiver: a BindingReference

{03940C08: cf 03940BED, sp 03940C20, bp 03940C08, ip 3, BindingReference(AbstractBindingReference)>>value}
receiver: a BindingReference

{03940BEC: cf 03940BD1, sp 03940C00, bp 03940BEC, ip 6, SmalltalkSystem>>workspaceClass}
receiver: a SmalltalkSystem

{03940BD0: cf 03940BB5, sp 03940BE4, bp 03940BD0, ip 4, SmalltalkWorkspaceDocument class>>workspaceClass}
receiver: SmalltalkWorkspaceDocument



Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: Scott McWilliams
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 15:00 UTC
References: 1 2
X-Received: by 2002:a05:620a:16d0:: with SMTP id a16mr3280368qkn.370.1616252408099;
Sat, 20 Mar 2021 08:00:08 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a05:6808:1413:: with SMTP id w19mr4619810oiv.20.1616252407870;
Sat, 20 Mar 2021 08:00:07 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!proxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!209.85.160.216.MISMATCH!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 08:00:07 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <1f5d7a48-cfd9-4dfb-bd2a-9475978779fdn@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=98.195.153.189; posting-account=UYtTcwoAAABQV700HQ2QW4xbagv2F8m2
NNTP-Posting-Host: 98.195.153.189
References: <fe8be247-25e9-4f0f-85d2-366fbb833eban@googlegroups.com> <1f5d7a48-cfd9-4dfb-bd2a-9475978779fdn@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <a4413e99-c7c0-4db4-b4c0-e800c070d99bn@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: scottmcw...@gmail.com (Scott McWilliams)
Injection-Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 15:00:08 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
View all headers
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 6:00:56 AM UTC-5, vin...@gmail.com wrote:
On Saturday, 20 March 2021 at 00:07:36 UTC+10, Scott McWilliams wrote:
I'm getting a boot failure with 7.2.8. Last fetch from GitHub was 2 minutes ago. Relevant portion (I think) of error log shown below. Any ideas/help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
I am up to date on master branch and I get no such error.

Did you do a "git checkout master" without updating the VM also?

Vince

Thanks for the reply, Vince.

This is somewhat puzzling because I already had the 7.2.8 VM prior to the last git checkout and I performed the 'git lfs pull' as well.  I have subsequently performed the 'fetchvm' script at least twice but still get the same error.

If yours is working the problem must be on my end so I'll keep reviewing my configuration.

Regards,
Scott


Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: Scott McWilliams
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 16:27 UTC
References: 1 2 3
X-Received: by 2002:a05:620a:1669:: with SMTP id d9mr3585798qko.3.1616257622515;
Sat, 20 Mar 2021 09:27:02 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a4a:304a:: with SMTP id z10mr5750612ooz.26.1616257622281;
Sat, 20 Mar 2021 09:27:02 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!proxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!209.85.160.216.MISMATCH!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 09:27:02 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <a4413e99-c7c0-4db4-b4c0-e800c070d99bn@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=98.195.153.189; posting-account=UYtTcwoAAABQV700HQ2QW4xbagv2F8m2
NNTP-Posting-Host: 98.195.153.189
References: <fe8be247-25e9-4f0f-85d2-366fbb833eban@googlegroups.com>
<1f5d7a48-cfd9-4dfb-bd2a-9475978779fdn@googlegroups.com> <a4413e99-c7c0-4db4-b4c0-e800c070d99bn@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <6330eb15-463d-437b-a05b-048d65072abbn@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: scottmcw...@gmail.com (Scott McWilliams)
Injection-Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 16:27:02 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
View all headers
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 10:00:08 AM UTC-5, Scott McWilliams wrote:
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 6:00:56 AM UTC-5, vin...@gmail.com wrote:
On Saturday, 20 March 2021 at 00:07:36 UTC+10, Scott McWilliams wrote:
I'm getting a boot failure with 7.2.8. Last fetch from GitHub was 2 minutes ago. Relevant portion (I think) of error log shown below. Any ideas/help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
I am up to date on master branch and I get no such error.

Did you do a "git checkout master" without updating the VM also?

Vince
Thanks for the reply, Vince.

This is somewhat puzzling because I already had the 7.2.8 VM prior to the last git checkout and I performed the 'git lfs pull' as well. I have subsequently performed the 'fetchvm' script at least twice but still get the same error.

If yours is working the problem must be on my end so I'll keep reviewing my configuration.

Regards,
Scott

Still no luck.  Completely removed my existing local repository and rebuilt, including downloading the VM via 'fetchvm' script again.  'git checkout master' reports 'your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.  Still getting same error and boot failure.


Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: F Bek
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 23:45 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4
X-Received: by 2002:a37:a350:: with SMTP id m77mr4843221qke.146.1616283931178;
Sat, 20 Mar 2021 16:45:31 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a05:6808:1413:: with SMTP id w19mr5591318oiv.20.1616283930939;
Sat, 20 Mar 2021 16:45:30 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!proxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!209.85.160.216.MISMATCH!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 16:45:30 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <6330eb15-463d-437b-a05b-048d65072abbn@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=185.40.210.124; posting-account=5ZCy9QoAAAAoNnwHIxbmglmR4vxJHcnW
NNTP-Posting-Host: 185.40.210.124
References: <fe8be247-25e9-4f0f-85d2-366fbb833eban@googlegroups.com>
<1f5d7a48-cfd9-4dfb-bd2a-9475978779fdn@googlegroups.com> <a4413e99-c7c0-4db4-b4c0-e800c070d99bn@googlegroups.com>
<6330eb15-463d-437b-a05b-048d65072abbn@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <f801b4d9-37de-46ed-adfa-765bb2d5cd27n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: fbekd...@gmail.com (F Bek)
Injection-Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 23:45:31 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
View all headers
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 6:27:02 PM UTC+2, Scott McWilliams wrote:
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 10:00:08 AM UTC-5, Scott McWilliams wrote:
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 6:00:56 AM UTC-5, vin...@gmail.com wrote:
On Saturday, 20 March 2021 at 00:07:36 UTC+10, Scott McWilliams wrote:
I'm getting a boot failure with 7.2.8. Last fetch from GitHub was 2 minutes ago. Relevant portion (I think) of error log shown below. Any ideas/help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
I am up to date on master branch and I get no such error.

Did you do a "git checkout master" without updating the VM also?

Vince
Thanks for the reply, Vince.

This is somewhat puzzling because I already had the 7.2.8 VM prior to the last git checkout and I performed the 'git lfs pull' as well. I have subsequently performed the 'fetchvm' script at least twice but still get the same error.

If yours is working the problem must be on my end so I'll keep reviewing my configuration.

Regards,
Scott
Still no luck. Completely removed my existing local repository and rebuilt, including downloading the VM via 'fetchvm' script again. 'git checkout master' reports 'your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'. Still getting same error and boot failure.

7.2.8 works without a problem for me.
Do you have any other version of Dolphin installed on your system? If so, you could review your 'opens with' association for extension '.img7'. It may be pointing to the wrong VM.


Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: Scott McWilliams
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 17:02 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4 5
X-Received: by 2002:a37:8743:: with SMTP id j64mr7164681qkd.299.1616346168022;
Sun, 21 Mar 2021 10:02:48 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a9d:4c0a:: with SMTP id l10mr8373739otf.136.1616346167806;
Sun, 21 Mar 2021 10:02:47 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!proxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!209.85.160.216.MISMATCH!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 10:02:47 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <c53296a7-67ee-4ea8-b43d-1c682f7fc312n@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=98.195.153.189; posting-account=UYtTcwoAAABQV700HQ2QW4xbagv2F8m2
NNTP-Posting-Host: 98.195.153.189
References: <fe8be247-25e9-4f0f-85d2-366fbb833eban@googlegroups.com>
<1f5d7a48-cfd9-4dfb-bd2a-9475978779fdn@googlegroups.com> <a4413e99-c7c0-4db4-b4c0-e800c070d99bn@googlegroups.com>
<6330eb15-463d-437b-a05b-048d65072abbn@googlegroups.com> <c53296a7-67ee-4ea8-b43d-1c682f7fc312n@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <28bb92b7-6002-4c2f-a9e6-b954d4210129n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: scottmcw...@gmail.com (Scott McWilliams)
Injection-Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 17:02:48 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
View all headers
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 10:47:40 PM UTC-5, vin...@gmail.com wrote:
On Sunday, 21 March 2021 at 02:27:02 UTC+10, Scott McWilliams wrote:
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 10:00:08 AM UTC-5, Scott McWilliams wrote:
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 6:00:56 AM UTC-5, vin...@gmail.com wrote:
On Saturday, 20 March 2021 at 00:07:36 UTC+10, Scott McWilliams wrote:
I'm getting a boot failure with 7.2.8. Last fetch from GitHub was 2 minutes ago. Relevant portion (I think) of error log shown below. Any ideas/help greatly appreciated.
Have you tried rebuilding your image with "BootAndTestDPRO.cmd". If it gives errors, can you post here.

Vince

Thanks for the replies.

Still no luck so far.  This is very frustrating since I've never had this type of issue before.  I've had multiple versions of Dolphin installed on my system for quite some time with no such issues (since removed, registry cleaned, rebooted, to no avail).

'Bootandtest' fails in exactly the same way.

I've tried downloading the 7.2.8 .zip files of the source and the VM - with exactly the same result.

I've used and loved Dolphin for years but this is becoming a bit tiresome.  Since others are not experiencing the same issue I know it's something on my system but damned if I can figure out what it is.




 


Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: Scott McWilliams
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 15:35 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4 5 6
X-Received: by 2002:a0c:ff48:: with SMTP id y8mr217847qvt.8.1616427337681;
Mon, 22 Mar 2021 08:35:37 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a05:6808:4c1:: with SMTP id a1mr196258oie.37.1616427337246;
Mon, 22 Mar 2021 08:35:37 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.goja.nl.eu.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!proxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!209.85.160.216.MISMATCH!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 08:35:36 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <28bb92b7-6002-4c2f-a9e6-b954d4210129n@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=98.195.153.189; posting-account=UYtTcwoAAABQV700HQ2QW4xbagv2F8m2
NNTP-Posting-Host: 98.195.153.189
References: <fe8be247-25e9-4f0f-85d2-366fbb833eban@googlegroups.com>
<1f5d7a48-cfd9-4dfb-bd2a-9475978779fdn@googlegroups.com> <a4413e99-c7c0-4db4-b4c0-e800c070d99bn@googlegroups.com>
<6330eb15-463d-437b-a05b-048d65072abbn@googlegroups.com> <c53296a7-67ee-4ea8-b43d-1c682f7fc312n@googlegroups.com>
<28bb92b7-6002-4c2f-a9e6-b954d4210129n@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <a83e21e3-538d-47ea-95ae-a9f1b74bb4ebn@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: scottmcw...@gmail.com (Scott McWilliams)
Injection-Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 15:35:37 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
View all headers
On Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 12:02:48 PM UTC-5, Scott McWilliams wrote:
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 10:47:40 PM UTC-5, vin...@gmail.com wrote:
On Sunday, 21 March 2021 at 02:27:02 UTC+10, Scott McWilliams wrote:
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 10:00:08 AM UTC-5, Scott McWilliams wrote:
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 6:00:56 AM UTC-5, vin...@gmail.com wrote:
On Saturday, 20 March 2021 at 00:07:36 UTC+10, Scott McWilliams wrote:
I'm getting a boot failure with 7.2.8. Last fetch from GitHub was 2 minutes ago. Relevant portion (I think) of error log shown below. Any ideas/help greatly appreciated.
Have you tried rebuilding your image with "BootAndTestDPRO.cmd". If it gives errors, can you post here.

Vince
Thanks for the replies.

Still no luck so far. This is very frustrating since I've never had this type of issue before. I've had multiple versions of Dolphin installed on my system for quite some time with no such issues (since removed, registry cleaned, rebooted, to no avail).

'Bootandtest' fails in exactly the same way.

I've tried downloading the 7.2.8 .zip files of the source and the VM - with exactly the same result.

I've used and loved Dolphin for years but this is becoming a bit tiresome. Since others are not experiencing the same issue I know it's something on my system but damned if I can figure out what it is.

BTW getting the same error on a completely different system.


Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: F Bek
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 20:23 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
X-Received: by 2002:a0c:b5e5:: with SMTP id o37mr1478459qvf.60.1616444588124; Mon, 22 Mar 2021 13:23:08 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a9d:4c0a:: with SMTP id l10mr1356450otf.136.1616444587695; Mon, 22 Mar 2021 13:23:07 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!aioe.org!news.uzoreto.com!tr1.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr2.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 13:23:07 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <a83e21e3-538d-47ea-95ae-a9f1b74bb4ebn@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=185.40.210.124; posting-account=5ZCy9QoAAAAoNnwHIxbmglmR4vxJHcnW
NNTP-Posting-Host: 185.40.210.124
References: <fe8be247-25e9-4f0f-85d2-366fbb833eban@googlegroups.com> <1f5d7a48-cfd9-4dfb-bd2a-9475978779fdn@googlegroups.com> <a4413e99-c7c0-4db4-b4c0-e800c070d99bn@googlegroups.com> <6330eb15-463d-437b-a05b-048d65072abbn@googlegroups.com> <c53296a7-67ee-4ea8-b43d-1c682f7fc312n@googlegroups.com> <28bb92b7-6002-4c2f-a9e6-b954d4210129n@googlegroups.com> <a83e21e3-538d-47ea-95ae-a9f1b74bb4ebn@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <0c2c7f43-171f-41a6-8771-208cb0318937n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: fbekd...@gmail.com (F Bek)
Injection-Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 20:23:08 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Lines: 51
View all headers
On Monday, March 22, 2021 at 5:35:38 PM UTC+2, Scott McWilliams wrote:
On Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 12:02:48 PM UTC-5, Scott McWilliams wrote:
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 10:47:40 PM UTC-5, vin...@gmail.com wrote:
On Sunday, 21 March 2021 at 02:27:02 UTC+10, Scott McWilliams wrote:
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 10:00:08 AM UTC-5, Scott McWilliams wrote:
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 6:00:56 AM UTC-5, vin...@gmail.com wrote:
On Saturday, 20 March 2021 at 00:07:36 UTC+10, Scott McWilliams wrote:
I'm getting a boot failure with 7.2.8. Last fetch from GitHub was 2 minutes ago. Relevant portion (I think) of error log shown below. Any ideas/help greatly appreciated.
Have you tried rebuilding your image with "BootAndTestDPRO.cmd". If it gives errors, can you post here.

Vince
Thanks for the replies.

Still no luck so far. This is very frustrating since I've never had this type of issue before. I've had multiple versions of Dolphin installed on my system for quite some time with no such issues (since removed, registry cleaned, rebooted, to no avail).

'Bootandtest' fails in exactly the same way.

I've tried downloading the 7.2.8 .zip files of the source and the VM - with exactly the same result.

I've used and loved Dolphin for years but this is becoming a bit tiresome. Since others are not experiencing the same issue I know it's something on my system but damned if I can figure out what it is.
BTW getting the same error on a completely different system.


Do you need to have ver. 7.2.8?

The latest stable release is 7.1.20. available at https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk/Dolphin/releases/tag/7.1.20; and it has an easy windows installer, no need to clone the repository.

Version 7.2.x is a work in progress transition to the new namespace and the latest build could be a bit rough on the edges as explained in the notes on Github - but shouldn't if you run the test cmd before attempting to start it.

Again, if you have other versions of Dolphin installed on your pc, I would suggest uninstalling them or simply moving them out temporarily on an external drive.


Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: Scott McWilliams
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 21:40 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
X-Received: by 2002:a05:620a:699:: with SMTP id f25mr2251937qkh.249.1616449247032;
Mon, 22 Mar 2021 14:40:47 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:aca:1218:: with SMTP id 24mr834360ois.75.1616449246768;
Mon, 22 Mar 2021 14:40:46 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!proxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!209.85.160.216.MISMATCH!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 14:40:46 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <0c2c7f43-171f-41a6-8771-208cb0318937n@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=98.195.153.189; posting-account=UYtTcwoAAABQV700HQ2QW4xbagv2F8m2
NNTP-Posting-Host: 98.195.153.189
References: <fe8be247-25e9-4f0f-85d2-366fbb833eban@googlegroups.com>
<1f5d7a48-cfd9-4dfb-bd2a-9475978779fdn@googlegroups.com> <a4413e99-c7c0-4db4-b4c0-e800c070d99bn@googlegroups.com>
<6330eb15-463d-437b-a05b-048d65072abbn@googlegroups.com> <c53296a7-67ee-4ea8-b43d-1c682f7fc312n@googlegroups.com>
<28bb92b7-6002-4c2f-a9e6-b954d4210129n@googlegroups.com> <a83e21e3-538d-47ea-95ae-a9f1b74bb4ebn@googlegroups.com>
<0c2c7f43-171f-41a6-8771-208cb0318937n@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <ad817809-fc17-4dc8-a8c2-ad31933b74b9n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: scottmcw...@gmail.com (Scott McWilliams)
Injection-Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 21:40:47 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
View all headers
On Monday, March 22, 2021 at 3:23:08 PM UTC-5, fbek...@gmail.com wrote:
On Monday, March 22, 2021 at 5:35:38 PM UTC+2, Scott McWilliams wrote:
On Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 12:02:48 PM UTC-5, Scott McWilliams wrote:
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 10:47:40 PM UTC-5, vin...@gmail.com wrote:
On Sunday, 21 March 2021 at 02:27:02 UTC+10, Scott McWilliams wrote:
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 10:00:08 AM UTC-5, Scott McWilliams wrote:
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 6:00:56 AM UTC-5, vin...@gmail.com wrote:
On Saturday, 20 March 2021 at 00:07:36 UTC+10, Scott McWilliams wrote:
I'm getting a boot failure with 7.2.8. Last fetch from GitHub was 2 minutes ago. Relevant portion (I think) of error log shown below. Any ideas/help greatly appreciated.
Have you tried rebuilding your image with "BootAndTestDPRO.cmd". If it gives errors, can you post here.

Vince
Thanks for the replies.

Still no luck so far. This is very frustrating since I've never had this type of issue before. I've had multiple versions of Dolphin installed on my system for quite some time with no such issues (since removed, registry cleaned, rebooted, to no avail).

'Bootandtest' fails in exactly the same way.

I've tried downloading the 7.2.8 .zip files of the source and the VM - with exactly the same result.

I've used and loved Dolphin for years but this is becoming a bit tiresome. Since others are not experiencing the same issue I know it's something on my system but damned if I can figure out what it is.
BTW getting the same error on a completely different system.
Do you need to have ver. 7.2.8?

The latest stable release is 7.1.20. available at https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk/Dolphin/releases/tag/7.1.20; and it has an easy windows installer, no need to clone the repository.

Version 7.2.x is a work in progress transition to the new namespace and the latest build could be a bit rough on the edges as explained in the notes on Github - but shouldn't if you run the test cmd before attempting to start it.

Again, if you have other versions of Dolphin installed on your pc, I would suggest uninstalling them or simply moving them out temporarily on an external drive.

Yes, I understand all of the above.  As I stated before, I have had multiple versions of Dolphin running on the system(s) in question for years (decades, actually) without issues.  I had no issues at all with any 7.2.x version prior to the latest updates of 5 fdays ago.  I still have 7.1 installations running on other systems but I am testing some functionality with namespaces so I also want to run the 'latest-and-greatest' if you will, so if you want to refer to it that way, then yes, I need 7.2.8 (and beyond).

Again, uninstalling all other versions, cleaning the registry, and rebooting did not resolve the issue.  Multiple deletions/clonings of the GitHub repository 'master' branch did not resolve the issue.  Multiple downloads of the source and VM did not resolve the issue.  And just to try to be (even more) clear, the issue isn't when trying to _run_ a 7.2.8 image, it's when trying to _build_ it.  Both 'bootdro' and 'bootandtestdro' give exactly the same error and fail to build the image.

As it seems this is an isolated issue unique to my environment(s) and/or processes I will continue to work to resolve the issue.

Thanks again for your replies.
..


Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: Scott McWilliams
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 15:01 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
X-Received: by 2002:ae9:edc1:: with SMTP id c184mr3386130qkg.453.1616598068853;
Wed, 24 Mar 2021 08:01:08 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a9d:4c0a:: with SMTP id l10mr3594310otf.136.1616598068569;
Wed, 24 Mar 2021 08:01:08 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!proxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!209.85.160.216.MISMATCH!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 08:01:08 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <945c4799-ae6d-479d-a471-3bea0488fcf4n@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=98.195.153.189; posting-account=UYtTcwoAAABQV700HQ2QW4xbagv2F8m2
NNTP-Posting-Host: 98.195.153.189
References: <fe8be247-25e9-4f0f-85d2-366fbb833eban@googlegroups.com>
<1f5d7a48-cfd9-4dfb-bd2a-9475978779fdn@googlegroups.com> <a4413e99-c7c0-4db4-b4c0-e800c070d99bn@googlegroups.com>
<6330eb15-463d-437b-a05b-048d65072abbn@googlegroups.com> <c53296a7-67ee-4ea8-b43d-1c682f7fc312n@googlegroups.com>
<28bb92b7-6002-4c2f-a9e6-b954d4210129n@googlegroups.com> <a83e21e3-538d-47ea-95ae-a9f1b74bb4ebn@googlegroups.com>
<0c2c7f43-171f-41a6-8771-208cb0318937n@googlegroups.com> <ad817809-fc17-4dc8-a8c2-ad31933b74b9n@googlegroups.com>
<945c4799-ae6d-479d-a471-3bea0488fcf4n@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <15d73c0c-a645-4f8c-bf55-96cb16cbdb19n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: scottmcw...@gmail.com (Scott McWilliams)
Injection-Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 15:01:08 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
View all headers
On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 7:02:01 PM UTC-5, vin...@gmail.com wrote:
Strange that is complains about a missing class "Dolphin\Core\Object Arts\Dolphin\IDE\Base\SmalltalkWorkspace.cls".

Can you confirm that this class is indeed in your local working copy?

Vince

Yes, the class file "Dolphin\Core\Object Arts\Dolphin\IDE\Base\Tools.SmalltalkWorkspace.cls" is present in my local working copy.

That's part of what is so puzzling about this.

Regards,
Scott



Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: Scott McWilliams
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 14:34 UTC
References: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
X-Received: by 2002:ae9:f81a:: with SMTP id x26mr28743442qkh.497.1617719675539; Tue, 06 Apr 2021 07:34:35 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a9d:740c:: with SMTP id n12mr26501357otk.21.1617719675235; Tue, 06 Apr 2021 07:34:35 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!news.uzoreto.com!tr2.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr2.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 07:34:35 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <15d73c0c-a645-4f8c-bf55-96cb16cbdb19n@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=98.195.153.189; posting-account=UYtTcwoAAABQV700HQ2QW4xbagv2F8m2
NNTP-Posting-Host: 98.195.153.189
References: <fe8be247-25e9-4f0f-85d2-366fbb833eban@googlegroups.com> <1f5d7a48-cfd9-4dfb-bd2a-9475978779fdn@googlegroups.com> <a4413e99-c7c0-4db4-b4c0-e800c070d99bn@googlegroups.com> <6330eb15-463d-437b-a05b-048d65072abbn@googlegroups.com> <c53296a7-67ee-4ea8-b43d-1c682f7fc312n@googlegroups.com> <28bb92b7-6002-4c2f-a9e6-b954d4210129n@googlegroups.com> <a83e21e3-538d-47ea-95ae-a9f1b74bb4ebn@googlegroups.com> <0c2c7f43-171f-41a6-8771-208cb0318937n@googlegroups.com> <ad817809-fc17-4dc8-a8c2-ad31933b74b9n@googlegroups.com> <945c4799-ae6d-479d-a471-3bea0488fcf4n@googlegroups.com> <15d73c0c-a645-4f8c-bf55-96cb16cbdb19n@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <acf1191c-be58-405c-af5f-4be7f172e2fbn@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Boot failure Dolphin 7.2.8
From: scottmcw...@gmail.com (Scott McWilliams)
Injection-Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 14:34:35 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Lines: 17
View all headers
On Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 10:01:09 AM UTC-5, Scott McWilliams wrote:
On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 7:02:01 PM UTC-5, vin...@gmail.com wrote:
Strange that is complains about a missing class "Dolphin\Core\Object Arts\Dolphin\IDE\Base\SmalltalkWorkspace.cls".

Can you confirm that this class is indeed in your local working copy?

Vince
Yes, the class file "Dolphin\Core\Object Arts\Dolphin\IDE\Base\Tools.SmalltalkWorkspace.cls" is present in my local working copy.

That's part of what is so puzzling about this.

Regards,
Scott

Good news!  The latest fetch has resolved the issue - whatever it was.

Regards,
Scott


1
rocksolid light 0.7.2
clearneti2ptor