From: pkk...@spth.de (Philipp Klaus Krause)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Who is and how to contact Jeff Lee?
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 16:08:10 +0200
 by: Philipp Klaus Krause - Tue, 17 May 2022 14:08 UTC

"In 1985, Jeff Lee published his Yacc grammar (which is accompanied by a
matching Lex specification) for the April 30, 1985 draft version of the
ANSI C standard. Tom Stockfisch reposted it to net.sources in 1987;"
(https://www.lysator.liu.se/c/ANSI-C-grammar-y.html).

Does anyone know if Jeff Lee is still alive and can be contacted (if
yes, how) with a question on the grammar?

Philipp

Re: Who is and how to contact Jeff Lee?

<ooOgK.10681$ed43.7692@fx99.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=21707&group=comp.lang.c#21707

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Subject: Re: Who is and how to contact Jeff Lee?
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 14:35:00 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Tue, 17 May 2022 14:35 UTC

Philipp Klaus Krause <pkk@spth.de> writes:
>"In 1985, Jeff Lee published his Yacc grammar (which is accompanied by a
>matching Lex specification) for the April 30, 1985 draft version of the
>ANSI C standard. Tom Stockfisch reposted it to net.sources in 1987;"
>(https://www.lysator.liu.se/c/ANSI-C-grammar-y.html).
>
>Does anyone know if Jeff Lee is still alive and can be contacted (if
>yes, how) with a question on the grammar?

Check with Georgia Tech - it looks like Jeff is/was an Alum thereof.

"On the other hand, the grammar given in the current draft(s) of the ANSI
C standard can be easily made LALR(1). A YACC grammar based on the Nov 11
draft was posted awhile back by my office mate, Jeff Lee (gatech!jeff).
It is for the ANSI C, but could be easily made K&R C w/very little work.

--
Arnold Robbins
CSNET: arnold at gatech ARPA: arnold%gatech.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa
UUCP: { akgua, allegra, hplabs, ihnp4, seismo, ut-sally }!gatech!arnold

devel / comp.lang.c / Who is and how to contact Jeff Lee?