Subject: Split object into multiple files (Delphi)
From: skybuck2...@hotmail.com
Newsgroups: alt.lang.asm
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 17:35 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.lang.asm
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 09:35:06 -0800 (PST)
From: skybuck2...@hotmail.com
There is a very serious limitations in the object orientation in Delphi programming language.

It's basically impossible to split an object into multiple files/units.

The only method that comes somewhat close is using include files, but then those include sections cannot be debugged or searched properly by the in-memory compiler.

Therefore I do request this feature be added to the Delphi programming language and that environment/debugging/searching/editor support for this new feature is added/supported as well.

Bye for now,
  Skybuck.

Subject: Re: Split object into multiple files (Delphi)
From: JJ
Newsgroups: alt.lang.asm
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 03:50 UTC
From: jj4pub...@vfemail.net (JJ)
Newsgroups: alt.lang.asm
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 10:50:33 +0700
View all headers
On Sun, 29 Dec 2019 09:35:06 -0800 (PST), skybuck2000@hotmail.com wrote:
There is a very serious limitations in the object orientation in Delphi
programming language.

It's basically impossible to split an object into multiple files/units.

The only method that comes somewhat close is using include files, but
then those include sections cannot be debugged or searched properly by
the in-memory compiler.

Therefore I do request this feature be added to the Delphi programming
language and that environment/debugging/searching/editor support for this
new feature is added/supported as well.

Bye for now, Skybuck.

I use Delphi my self, and am aware of this limitation. But it's not wise to
spam other irrelevant newsgroups. Considering that this is an assembly
newsgroup, I wouldn't use objects in the first place.