"jackpot: you may have an unnecessary change record" -- message from "diff"

devel / comp.lang.c / I will cut off cross-posting

SubjectAuthor
* I will cut off cross-postingolcott
`* Re: I will cut off cross-postingBonita Montero
 `* Re: I will cut off cross-postingolcott
  `* Re: I will cut off cross-postingBonita Montero
   `- Re: I will cut off cross-postingolcott

1
I will cut off cross-posting

<ti7iul$1jb5g$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23493&group=comp.lang.c++#23493

 by: olcott - Wed, 12 Oct 2022 23:34 UTC

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: I will cut off cross-posting

<tiecen$2oeph$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23494&group=comp.lang.c++#23494

 by: Bonita Montero - Sat, 15 Oct 2022 13:27 UTC

Am 13.10.2022 um 01:34 schrieb olcott:

That's as believable as when Amine Moulay Ramdane says that he stop
writing toughts that are not related to computing in comp.programming
..threads. You have nearly the same motivation.

Re: I will cut off cross-posting

<tih9kl$35k10$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23495&group=comp.lang.c++#23495

 by: olcott - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 15:57 UTC

On 10/15/2022 8:27 AM, Bonita Montero wrote:
> Am 13.10.2022 um 01:34 schrieb olcott:
>

> That's as believable as when Amine Moulay Ramdane says that he stop
> writing toughts that are not related to computing in comp.programming
> .threads. You have nearly the same motivation.

I always put Followup-To comp.theory and Flibble puts comp.lang.c and
comp.lang.c++ back in.

This time when I cross-posted I left comp.lang.c off the list because I
can see how my cross-posts have overwhelmed comp.lang.c.

I will cut off Flibble's cross-posting much sooner in the future.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: I will cut off cross-posting

<tihat3$363lq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23496&group=comp.lang.c++#23496

 by: Bonita Montero - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 16:18 UTC

Am 16.10.2022 um 17:57 schrieb olcott:

>> That's as believable as when Amine Moulay Ramdane says that he stop
>> writing toughts that are not related to computing in comp.programming
>> .threads. You have nearly the same motivation.

> I always put Followup-To comp.theory and Flibble puts comp.lang.c and
> comp.lang.c++ back in.
> This time when I cross-posted I left comp.lang.c off the list because I
> can see how my cross-posts have overwhelmed comp.lang.c.
> I will cut off Flibble's cross-posting much sooner in the future.

I was talking about your motivation and not about your formalities.
You're really obsessed !

Re: I will cut off cross-posting

<tit50m$i6c2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23499&group=comp.lang.c++#23499

 by: olcott - Fri, 21 Oct 2022 03:51 UTC

On 10/16/2022 11:18 AM, Bonita Montero wrote:
> Am 16.10.2022 um 17:57 schrieb olcott:
>
>>> That's as believable as when Amine Moulay Ramdane says that he stop
>>> writing toughts that are not related to computing in comp.programming
>>> .threads. You have nearly the same motivation.
>
>> I always put Followup-To comp.theory and Flibble puts comp.lang.c and
>> comp.lang.c++ back in.
>> This time when I cross-posted I left comp.lang.c off the list because
>> I can see how my cross-posts have overwhelmed comp.lang.c.
>> I will cut off Flibble's cross-posting much sooner in the future.
>
> I was talking about your motivation and not about your formalities.
> You're really obsessed !

I am motivated to get a fair and accurate review of my paper.
It is proven to be the case that most of my reviewers on comp.theory
are not giving me a fair and accurate review.

It has also proven to be the case that ordinary software engineers
can and have given me a fair and accurate code analysis. I quit
cross-pointing here because I saw that it overwhelmed this group.

Ben confirmed that my code is correct according to its criteria.
That is the most that I would expect from anyone on the comp.lang.c++ or
comp.lang.c