fortune: cannot execute. Out of cookies.

devel / comp.lang.c / Re: It's illegal for Aliens to communicate with Earthlings.

SubjectAuthor
* Re: It's illegal for Aliens to communicate with Earthlings.Chris M. Thomasson
+* Re: It's illegal for Aliens to communicate with Earthlings.Öö Tiib
|`* Re: It's illegal for Aliens to communicate with Earthlings.David Brown
| `- Re: It's illegal for Aliens to communicate with Earthlings.Paul N
`* Re: It's illegal for Aliens to communicate with Earthlings.Andreas
 `- Re: It's illegal for Aliens to communicate with Earthlings.Chris M. Thomasson

1
Re: It's illegal for Aliens to communicate with Earthlings.

<tmem1h$39ung$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23909&group=comp.lang.c++#23909

 by: Chris M. Thomasson - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 05:15 UTC

On 12/2/2022 5:21 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> This is Skybuck's solution for the fermi paradox.
>
> The logic is based on USA law which made it illegal for humans to do bussiness with Aliens or risk a 5000 dollar fine and 1 year in jail.
>
> Thus it's logical to assume that the USA Government has made it illegal for Aliens to communicate with Earthlings.

Fwiw, several of my vector fields happen to resemble some type of alien
ship, from time to time. Some examples:

https://fractalforums.org/gallery/1612-031222051314.png

https://fractalforums.org/gallery/1612-270921004032.jpeg

https://fractalforums.org/gallery/1612-180822043657.png

Re: It's illegal for Aliens to communicate with Earthlings.

<9eb0222e-b5c2-40f3-8569-e9e79a12361en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23920&group=comp.lang.c++#23920

 by: Öö Tiib - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 12:30 UTC

On Saturday, 3 December 2022 at 07:15:45 UTC+2, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
> On 12/2/2022 5:21 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> > This is Skybuck's solution for the fermi paradox.
> >
> > The logic is based on USA law which made it illegal for humans to do bussiness with Aliens or risk a 5000 dollar fine and 1 year in jail.
> >
> > Thus it's logical to assume that the USA Government has made it illegal for Aliens to communicate with Earthlings.
> Fwiw, several of my vector fields happen to resemble some type of alien
> ship, from time to time. Some examples:
>
> https://fractalforums.org/gallery/1612-031222051314.png
>
> https://fractalforums.org/gallery/1612-270921004032.jpeg
>
> https://fractalforums.org/gallery/1612-180822043657.png

The chauvinist USA government calls people of other countries as
"aliens" and the aliens that Skybuck hunts as "unidentified aerial
phenomena".

Re: It's illegal for Aliens to communicate with Earthlings.

<tmfqhi$3cclu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23924&group=comp.lang.c++#23924

 by: David Brown - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 15:38 UTC

On 03/12/2022 13:30, Öö Tiib wrote:
> On Saturday, 3 December 2022 at 07:15:45 UTC+2, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:

>> Fwiw, several of my vector fields happen to resemble some type of alien
>> ship, from time to time. Some examples:
>>
>> https://fractalforums.org/gallery/1612-031222051314.png
>>
>> https://fractalforums.org/gallery/1612-270921004032.jpeg
>>
>> https://fractalforums.org/gallery/1612-180822043657.png
>
> The chauvinist USA government calls people of other countries as
> "aliens"

I've always viewed it as just another case of words having a different
meaning in American English and British English - just as they were
their pants outside their shorts, while we wear our shorts outside our
pants.

> and the aliens that Skybuck hunts as "unidentified aerial
> phenomena".

It's clear that Skybuck lost any connection with reality long ago.
There is little to be gained by trying to interpret what he writes -
ignore or filter out his posts.

Re: It's illegal for Aliens to communicate with Earthlings.

<tmm2qp$eap$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23952&group=comp.lang.c++#23952

 by: Andreas - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 00:36 UTC

On 03.12.22 06:15, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
> On 12/2/2022 5:21 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
>> This is Skybuck's solution for the fermi paradox.
>>
>> The logic is based on USA law which made it illegal for humans to do
>> bussiness with Aliens or risk a 5000 dollar fine and 1 year in jail.
>>
>> Thus it's logical to assume that the USA Government has made it
>> illegal for Aliens to communicate with Earthlings.
>
> Fwiw, several of my vector fields happen to resemble some type of alien
> ship, from time to time. Some examples:
>
> https://fractalforums.org/gallery/1612-031222051314.png
>
> https://fractalforums.org/gallery/1612-270921004032.jpeg
>
> https://fractalforums.org/gallery/1612-180822043657.png

Very nice pictures. How did you make them?

Re: It's illegal for Aliens to communicate with Earthlings.

<e08cfc4f-5cae-4d01-87b7-9710d5f2ed2fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23953&group=comp.lang.c++#23953

 by: Paul N - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 13:12 UTC

On Saturday, December 3, 2022 at 3:38:42 PM UTC, David Brown wrote:
> On 03/12/2022 13:30, Öö Tiib wrote:
> > The chauvinist USA government calls people of other countries as
> > "aliens"
> I've always viewed it as just another case of words having a different
> meaning in American English and British English - just as they were
> their pants outside their shorts, while we wear our shorts outside our
> pants.

The term "alien" means foreigner in British English as well. Consider this bit from Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice:

It is enacted in the laws of Venice,
If it be proved against an alien
That by direct or indirect attempts
He seek the life of any citizen,
The party 'gainst the which he doth contrive
Shall seize one half his goods; the other half
Comes to the privy coffer of the state;
And the offender's life lies in the mercy
Of the duke only, 'gainst all other voice.

Re: It's illegal for Aliens to communicate with Earthlings.

<tmu1b3$vgub$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23954&group=comp.lang.c++#23954

 by: Chris M. Thomasson - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 01:00 UTC

On 12/5/2022 4:36 PM, Andreas wrote:
> On 03.12.22 06:15, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
>> On 12/2/2022 5:21 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
>>> This is Skybuck's solution for the fermi paradox.
>>>
>>> The logic is based on USA law which made it illegal for humans to do
>>> bussiness with Aliens or risk a 5000 dollar fine and 1 year in jail.
>>>
>>> Thus it's logical to assume that the USA Government has made it
>>> illegal for Aliens to communicate with Earthlings.
>>
>> Fwiw, several of my vector fields happen to resemble some type of
>> alien ship, from time to time. Some examples:
>>
>> https://fractalforums.org/gallery/1612-031222051314.png
>>
>> https://fractalforums.org/gallery/1612-270921004032.jpeg
>>
>> https://fractalforums.org/gallery/1612-180822043657.png
>>
> Very nice pictures. How did you make them?

From an experimental vector field of mine. For, 2d, a line of sources
from (-1, 0) to (1, 0). Say 10 of then interpolated in between the two
points. Then four sinks, I cannot remember the sinks offhand, but two of
them were at points (0, .8), (0, -.1). Then two other sinks were at iirc
(-1.5, 0), (1.5, 0). Then I plotted my experimental vector field over them.

In 3d I plotted a ring of sources on the xz plane with a radii of one.
Tangent to the unit cube. So, a unit ring. Placed the sinks, and bam! An
alien ship thing appeared. I can render it in real time, around 90 fps.

If you don't mind a facebook link, here are some more renderings of this
ship getting ready to move in space. It's "warping", lol, to its
destination:

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=867122874446712&set=pcb.867123297780003

Keep in mind that I am having fun here. Love programming this shi%. :^)