From: loris.be...@fu-berlin.de (Loris Bennett)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
Subject: Installing package as root to a system directory
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:31:31 +0200
 by: Loris Bennett - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 07:31 UTC

Hi,

I use poetry to develop system software packages as a normal user. To
install the packages I use, again as a normal user

export PYTHONUSERBASE=/some/path
pip3 install --user somepackage.whl

and add /some/path to

/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/zedat.pth

This works well enough, but seems to me to be a little clunky, mainly
because the files don't then belong to root. The most correct way, in
my case, would probably be to create an RPM out of the Python package,
but that seems like it would be too much overhead.

What other approaches to people use?

Cheers,

Loris

--
This signature is currently under constuction.