We have a equal opportunity Calculus class -- it's fully integrated.

devel / comp.lang.c / Re: More symbols on keyboards...

SubjectAuthor
* Re: More symbols on keyboards...G
`* Re: More symbols on keyboards...Siri Cruise
 `* Re: More symbols on keyboards...Lynn McGuire
  `- Re: More symbols on keyboards...Scott Lurndal

1
Re: More symbols on keyboards...

<k2khqlFnvp1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=24273&group=comp.lang.c++#24273

 by: G - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 08:56 UTC

Skybuck Flying <skybuckflying@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you really want to sell more keyboards, you should invent a bigger
> keyboard with more symbols on it, so that programming languages can use more
> symbols.
>

> For example:
> []
> {}
> ()
> <>
> Is not enough anymore, need more of this ! =D
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck =D

I have seen keyboard like that, just Google "APL keyboard".

Re: More symbols on keyboards...

<chine.bleu-49FF5E.16493416012023@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=24281&group=comp.lang.c++#24281

 by: Siri Cruise - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 00:49 UTC

In article <k2khqlFnvp1U1@mid.individual.net>,
G <g@nowhere.invalid> wrote:

> > For example:
> > []
> > {}
> > ()
> > <>
> > Is not enough anymore, need more of this ! =D
> >
> > Bye,
> > Skybuck =D
>
> I have seen keyboard like that, just Google "APL keyboard".

I pass my c code through a macro processor that gives me high
level macros and translate Unicode to plain ascii like the right
facing arrow to -> or � to !, � to != etc.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Re: More symbols on keyboards...

<tq9ib6$11b2j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=24283&group=comp.lang.c++#24283

 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 19:46 UTC

On 1/16/2023 6:49 PM, Siri Cruise wrote:
> In article <k2khqlFnvp1U1@mid.individual.net>,
> G <g@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>
>>> For example:
>>> []
>>> {}
>>> ()
>>> <>
>>> Is not enough anymore, need more of this ! =D
>>>
>>> Bye,
>>> Skybuck =D
>>
>> I have seen keyboard like that, just Google "APL keyboard".
>
> I pass my c code through a macro processor that gives me high
> level macros and translate Unicode to plain ascii like the right
> facing arrow to -> or ¬ to !, ‚ to != etc.

Care to share that code with us ?

Lynn

Re: More symbols on keyboards...

<p5YxL.350511$iU59.237242@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=24284&group=comp.lang.c++#24284

 by: Scott Lurndal - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 19:51 UTC

Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> writes:
>On 1/16/2023 6:49 PM, Siri Cruise wrote:

>>> I have seen keyboard like that, just Google "APL keyboard".
>>
>> I pass my c code through a macro processor that gives me high
>> level macros and translate Unicode to plain ascii like the right
>> facing arrow to -> or ¬ to !, ‚ to != etc.
>
>Care to share that code with us ?

The unix/linux sed command can be used to do this, just
substitute the sequence '->' for each occurance of the
right-arrow UTF-8 byte sequence. et cetera for et alia.