<chesty> xemacs fixed my flatulence -- From the "XEmacs: Not just an editor" department

devel / comp.lang.c / drawing aliasing line and triangle - how ?

SubjectAuthor
* drawing aliasing line and triangle - how ?fir
`- Re: drawing aliasing line and triangle - how ?fir

1
drawing aliasing line and triangle - how ?

<1a1dc4be-9a3b-4f36-aef9-9b3e72219131n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=26064&group=comp.lang.c#26064

Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 08:32:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: drawing aliasing line and triangle - how ?
From: profesor...@gmail.com (fir)
 by: fir - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 15:32 UTC

i giot my green fire dll library which i wrote about 2012 afair and
has routines to draw/rasterize lines, triangles, circles ant that mostly all here..it is simple but served me good usage in some projects later so was worth writing

interesting thing the bressenham lina algorith is famous but in fact when i used my own based on fixed point arithmetic it not showed worse as far as i remember (dont remember details but showed only a bit worse or a bit beter - in fact probably better but i dont remember, anyway not big difference)

triangle drawing in turn cost me a lot of work - dont remember but many days, probably 2 weeks or so, i dont remember either..it was somewhat becous i dont find the code in net afair and needed to write it myself, its not so har but still you need to write it cerfully, and then i tested it in many
variants (winded unwinded, fixed points floats etc) and tested for speed extensively also writing clipping cases and so on

hovever i think now i could try to writa antialiased vercions (of that 3 mainly lines, traingles, circles) and wonder how to do it..

some ideas maybe?

(i post it becouse it is interesting and group has not much posts, probably most people it not is interesting but still for some it may..or of no at least soem may have a bit entertain to read about it)

(fir)

Re: drawing aliasing line and triangle - how ?

<c03564cb-29ea-40f2-b1b1-31af4f9c6781n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=26066&group=comp.lang.c#26066

Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 09:06:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: drawing aliasing line and triangle - how ?
From: profesor...@gmail.com (fir)
 by: fir - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 16:06 UTC

wtorek, 4 lipca 2023 o 17:32:09 UTC+2 fir napisał(a):
> i giot my green fire dll library which i wrote about 2012 afair and
> has routines to draw/rasterize lines, triangles, circles ant that mostly all here..it is simple but served me good usage in some projects later so was worth writing
>
> interesting thing the bressenham lina algorith is famous but in fact when i used my own based on fixed point arithmetic it not showed worse as far as i remember (dont remember details but showed only a bit worse or a bit beter - in fact probably better but i dont remember, anyway not big difference)
>
> triangle drawing in turn cost me a lot of work - dont remember but many days, probably 2 weeks or so, i dont remember either..it was somewhat becous i dont find the code in net afair and needed to write it myself, its not so har but still you need to write it cerfully, and then i tested it in many
> variants (winded unwinded, fixed points floats etc) and tested for speed extensively also writing clipping cases and so on
>
> hovever i think now i could try to writa antialiased vercions (of that 3 mainly lines, traingles, circles) and wonder how to do it..
>
> some ideas maybe?
>
> (i post it becouse it is interesting and group has not much posts, probably most people it not is interesting but still for some it may..or of no at least soem may have a bit entertain to read about it)
>
> (fir)

one doubt is that if i write horizontal white (say 100 pixels width) line it may be full pixels white, if i write this line sloping then the line would be longer and if i would divide this full white on 2 pixels (top and bottom) the amount of white would be the same (100 portions of white) even though the line could be up to 41% longer (square root of 2, 1.41)

so what with that, simply muliplying all white portions by additional length would suffice?