From: tr.17...@z991.linuxsc.com (Tim Rentsch)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Please take unrelated content elsewhere
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 22:27:43 -0800
sha1:Rbc0lITq2V69fZPubE7n5bViJLU=
 by: Tim Rentsch - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 06:27 UTC

I connected to comp.lang.c earlier today, with about 36 hours
since my previous connection.

Not including my own recent postings, I found 195 new messages.
Of these new messages, there were, give or take, just 17 messages
that discussed C programs or the C programming language. That's
a little bit under 9%.

Here is a summary of those articles' authors and the number of
messages for each author.

29 Lawrence D'Oliveiro
28 David Brown
25 bart
24 Janis Papanagnou
22 Scott Lurndal
18 Malcolm McLean
15 Keith Thompson
10 Kaz Kylheku
7 Michael S
5 Chris M. Thomasson
3 Richard Harnden
3 Ben Bacarisse
2 tTh
1 Kenny McCormack
1 Gary R. Schmidt
1 Dan Cross
1 Anthony Cuozzo

Please take unrelated content elsewhere. Thank you.

Re: Please take unrelated content elsewhere

<upl7g6$33joc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=32426&group=comp.lang.c#32426

From: david.br...@hesbynett.no (David Brown)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: Please take unrelated content elsewhere
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 12:19:34 +0100
 by: David Brown - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 11:19 UTC

On 03/02/2024 07:27, Tim Rentsch wrote:
> I connected to comp.lang.c earlier today, with about 36 hours
> since my previous connection.
>
> Not including my own recent postings, I found 195 new messages.

And of your own postings, how many of them were related to C, rather
than desperately trying to justify why you won't answer simple questions
and would rather try to define the word "answer" ?

When lots of people here are in discussion threads, then the threads are
clearly of interest to lots of people here. It might not be on-topic,
and it might be worth making that clear if people are unsure, but it is
obviously not a big problem for the group.

If you want to start a topical thread on C, go for it.