From: fir...@grunge.pl (fir)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: simple AI in c
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 19:38:10 +0100
 by: fir - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 18:38 UTC

by AI i understand something like 'neural network ' i guess

this is a 'trendy topic' recantly and i dont know nearly nothing about
it - what i know comes form 25 year agoe when i studied phisics and
somewhere possibly i leafed by the book on some article on this, or
maybe it was some student seminar on this? i dont remember

i guess it is something like big decision tree with some coeeficients
(weights) and probably the large amount of thsi weights you need to keep
in an array

the question is how olng it would to code such simple piece of this and
what it could be used for? whiat input for example and what task?

Re: simple AI in c

<uqtjmi$1d365$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=33463&group=comp.lang.c#33463

From: richard....@gmail.invalid (Richard Harnden)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: simple AI in c
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 18:53:06 +0000
 by: Richard Harnden - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 18:53 UTC

On 18/02/2024 18:38, fir wrote:
> by AI i understand something like 'neural network ' i guess
^^

It's good to see that you do, in fact, have a shift key.

Re: simple AI in c

<uqtmpb$349m9$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=33464&group=comp.lang.c#33464

From: fir...@grunge.pl (fir)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 20:45:44 +0100
 by: fir - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 19:45 UTC

Richard Harnden wrote:
> On 18/02/2024 18:38, fir wrote:
>> by AI i understand something like 'neural network ' i guess
> ^^
>
> It's good to see that you do, in fact, have a shift key.

if you say so,

in fact i probabbly wpuld prefer write all in uppercase - from
some kind of nostalgia for early computer world (which i maybe
not exactly remember but it fellt like i would remember some things,
dont know from where)

Re: simple AI in c

<20240218134121.450@kylheku.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=33466&group=comp.lang.c#33466

From: 433-929-...@kylheku.com (Kaz Kylheku)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 21:42:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Kaz Kylheku - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 21:42 UTC

On 2024-02-18, Richard Harnden <richard.nospam@gmail.invalid> wrote:
> On 18/02/2024 18:38, fir wrote:
>> by AI i understand something like 'neural network ' i guess
> ^^
>
> It's good to see that you do, in fact, have a shift key.

Inconclusive; he might have no means for writing capitals other than
Caps Lock, and copy-paste.

Mastodon: @Kazinator@mstdn.ca

Re: simple AI in c

<878r3h76ev.fsf@nosuchdomain.example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=33473&group=comp.lang.c#33473

From: Keith.S....@gmail.com (Keith Thompson)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 14:29:28 -0800
sha1:Wi3kbXV3gufcqqYisgWwUI3a+vg=
 by: Keith Thompson - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 22:29 UTC

fir <fir@grunge.pl> writes:
> by AI i understand something like 'neural network ' i guess
>
> this is a 'trendy topic' recantly and i dont know nearly nothing about
> it - what i know comes form 25 year agoe when i studied phisics and
> somewhere possibly i leafed by the book on some article on this, or
> maybe it was some student seminar on this? i dont remember
>
> i guess it is something like big decision tree with some coeeficients
> (weights) and probably the large amount of thsi weights you need to
> keep in an array
>
> the question is how olng it would to code such simple piece of this
> and what it could be used for? whiat input for example and what task?

AI is not specific to C. You clearly don't know enough about it for an
answer to your question to be useful.

There are plenty of resources (books, articles, etc.) for learning about
AI. I suggest you consult them. This is not the best place for that.

Working, but not speaking, for Medtronic

Re: simple AI in c

<uqu16e$34o8a$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=33478&group=comp.lang.c#33478

From: fir...@grunge.pl (fir)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 23:43:23 +0100
 by: fir - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 22:43 UTC

Keith Thompson wrote:
> fir <fir@grunge.pl> writes:
>> by AI i understand something like 'neural network ' i guess
>>
>> this is a 'trendy topic' recantly and i dont know nearly nothing about
>> it - what i know comes form 25 year agoe when i studied phisics and
>> somewhere possibly i leafed by the book on some article on this, or
>> maybe it was some student seminar on this? i dont remember
>>
>> i guess it is something like big decision tree with some coeeficients
>> (weights) and probably the large amount of thsi weights you need to
>> keep in an array
>>
>> the question is how olng it would to code such simple piece of this
>> and what it could be used for? whiat input for example and what task?
>
> AI is not specific to C. You clearly don't know enough about it for an
> answer to your question to be useful.
>
> There are plenty of resources (books, articles, etc.) for learning about
> AI. I suggest you consult them. This is not the best place for that.

thats what you think and i think not... one thing is most groups are
probably dead and i dont know them but im 99% sure it would be most
probably waste of time to ask there..second programming in c belongs
to c, unlike of what you think - you probabbkly think that c is what is
in c standard and imo c standard is such boring and useless thing
(not even usefull for compiler writers as im the one to incuidentaly)
that you could better move out from here than i stating questions on
coding in c

quite possibly no one knows the answer but it is also not a big problem
for me, this topic can be ignored then..and i more think it as an
opportunity for few post of discussion than solid research for me - as
for now im not even sure hiow much im interested in this (as im usually
interesyed in few things at once and what i go into more is depending
on ciricumstances - you probably got his own lifestyle thats why you
dont remember and you tray to enforce your views and lifestyle on
others, but it dont work this way... note i agree that discussing jesus
or some other things here is not aproppriate *except as exceptions for
fun but as not a regular content) but this one topic os okay

Re: simple AI in c

<87zfvx5q9s.fsf@nosuchdomain.example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=33483&group=comp.lang.c#33483

From: Keith.S....@gmail.com (Keith Thompson)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 15:03:27 -0800
sha1:DzUnKOqGcLYmK3sHzmE1ut6xO5I=
 by: Keith Thompson - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 23:03 UTC

fir <fir@grunge.pl> writes:
> Keith Thompson wrote:
>> fir <fir@grunge.pl> writes:
>>> by AI i understand something like 'neural network ' i guess
>>>
>>> this is a 'trendy topic' recantly and i dont know nearly nothing about
>>> it - what i know comes form 25 year agoe when i studied phisics and
>>> somewhere possibly i leafed by the book on some article on this, or
>>> maybe it was some student seminar on this? i dont remember
>>>
>>> i guess it is something like big decision tree with some coeeficients
>>> (weights) and probably the large amount of thsi weights you need to
>>> keep in an array
>>>
>>> the question is how olng it would to code such simple piece of this
>>> and what it could be used for? whiat input for example and what task?
>>
>> AI is not specific to C. You clearly don't know enough about it for an
>> answer to your question to be useful.
>>
>> There are plenty of resources (books, articles, etc.) for learning about
>> AI. I suggest you consult them. This is not the best place for that.
>
> thats what you think and i think not... one thing is most groups are
> probably dead and i dont know them but im 99% sure it would be most
> probably waste of time to ask there..second programming in c belongs
> to c, unlike of what you think - you probabbkly think that c is what is
> in c standard and imo c standard is such boring and useless thing
> (not even usefull for compiler writers as im the one to incuidentaly)
> that you could better move out from here than i stating questions on
> coding in c

You didn't even mention C in your initial post.

I didn't suggest asking in another newsgroup. (There is a comp.ai
hierarchy, but I don't know how active it is; you could at least take a
look.) I said that there are other resources where you could learn
about AI. <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_intelligence>
is likely to be a decent starting point. And there are plenty of books,
though this is not the place to ask which ones are appropriate.

Once you've learned enough to ask meaningful questions about AI *in C*,
you might have something worth posting here.

Working, but not speaking, for Medtronic

Re: simple AI in c

<uqu2tf$34qt6$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=33485&group=comp.lang.c#33485

From: fir...@grunge.pl (fir)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 00:12:44 +0100
 by: fir - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 23:12 UTC

Keith Thompson wrote:
> fir <fir@grunge.pl> writes:
>> by AI i understand something like 'neural network ' i guess
>>
>> this is a 'trendy topic' recantly and i dont know nearly nothing about
>> it - what i know comes form 25 year agoe when i studied phisics and
>> somewhere possibly i leafed by the book on some article on this, or
>> maybe it was some student seminar on this? i dont remember
>>
>> i guess it is something like big decision tree with some coeeficients
>> (weights) and probably the large amount of thsi weights you need to
>> keep in an array
>>
>> the question is how olng it would to code such simple piece of this
>> and what it could be used for? whiat input for example and what task?
>
> AI is not specific to C. You clearly don't know enough about it for an
> answer to your question to be useful.
>
> There are plenty of resources (books, articles, etc.) for learning about
> AI. I suggest you consult them. This is not the best place for that.

you think its not i think it is... i think it is place to discuss
projects in c also 0 like raytracer for example and variuos sort of things

i fond you try to enforce you specific wiev as a kinda autistic - so
maybe you got problem with that (i got soem colegue like that and he
is also trying to enforce his weir wiews) [btw i mistaken one word
in previous post should be "understand" instead of "remember")

i know i can check in soem sources but this group is one of possible
channels to ask - more over talking a bit here on this would be
good for this goriup as i see some posts which seem a bit too much
boring for me.. i know most people here are possibly not the very young
and not to much eager to learn new things (like me also as i get
closer to age 50 and im much prone to learn new things
but if someone is boring and want to discuss some thing thjere are still
some more interesting than thos boring ones)

Re: simple AI in c

<87o7cd5nqx.fsf@nosuchdomain.example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=33491&group=comp.lang.c#33491

From: Keith.S....@gmail.com (Keith Thompson)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 15:57:58 -0800
sha1:McfpKR+DxOntB1XvSIFFbAAo5Rw=
 by: Keith Thompson - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 23:57 UTC

fir <fir@grunge.pl> writes:
[...]
> i fond you try to enforce you specific wiev as a kinda autistic - so
> maybe you got problem with that (i got soem colegue like that and he
> is also trying to enforce his weir wiews) [btw i mistaken one word
> in previous post should be "understand" instead of "remember")
[...]

I'm not trying to enforce anything. You say you want to learn about AI.
I'm advising you on how you can do that.

And with that, I won't be seeing any more of your posts here. I saw
this one only because my killfile referred to your old email address.

Working, but not speaking, for Medtronic

Re: simple AI in c

<ur01pp$37efo$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=33527&group=comp.lang.c#33527

From: fir...@grunge.pl (fir)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 18:05:57 +0100
 by: fir - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 17:05 UTC

Keith Thompson wrote:
> fir <fir@grunge.pl> writes:
> [...]
>> i fond you try to enforce you specific wiev as a kinda autistic - so
>> maybe you got problem with that (i got soem colegue like that and he
>> is also trying to enforce his weir wiews) [btw i mistaken one word
>> in previous post should be "understand" instead of "remember")
> [...]
>
> I'm not trying to enforce anything. You say you want to learn about AI.
> I'm advising you on how you can do that.
>
> And with that, I won't be seeing any more of your posts here. I saw
> this one only because my killfile referred to your old email address.

hah, good luck