From: nowh...@nevernet.at (wolfgang kern)
Newsgroups: alt.lang.asm
Subject: Re: QWERTY KEYBOARD ARROWS TO LOW
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 11:05:23 +0100
 by: wolfgang kern - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 10:05 UTC

On 08/01/2023 09:26, Skybuck Flying wrote:
OT[about cursor keys]
I always use the arrow-keys to move around in games and never used AWSD.
But I have my left hand over the Arrows and can easy reach NUMPAD-keys
which I usually set to jump, dodge and run, as well as the three right
shift alt control keys, all with the left hand. Mouse is on right hand.

these AWSD is a historic relic from times when there were no NumPad.
__
wolfgang

Re: QWERTY KEYBOARD ARROWS TO LOW

<20230110180130.63850e589933cdfe3b32c394@127.0.0.1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=380&group=alt.lang.asm#380

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: alt.lang.asm
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 18:01:30 +0000
GNU: Terry Pratchett
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 18:01 UTC

On Sun, 8 Jan 2023 11:05:23 +0100
wolfgang kern <nowhere@nevernet.at> wrote:

> On 08/01/2023 09:26, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> OT[about cursor keys]
> I always use the arrow-keys to move around in games and never used AWSD.
> But I have my left hand over the Arrows and can easy reach NUMPAD-keys
> which I usually set to jump, dodge and run, as well as the three right
> shift alt control keys, all with the left hand. Mouse is on right hand.
>
> these AWSD is a historic relic from times when there were no NumPad.

I'm considering a simpe hex-based game; I'll possibly use AWEDZX; or maybe
UIHKNM.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: QWERTY KEYBOARD ARROWS TO LOW

<tq62qr$e6v$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=381&group=alt.lang.asm#381

From: nowh...@nevernet.at (wolfgang kern)
Newsgroups: alt.lang.asm
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 13:03:38 +0100
 by: wolfgang kern - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 12:03 UTC

On 16/01/2023 00:05, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 11:05:26 AM UTC+1, wolfgang kern wrote:
>> On 08/01/2023 09:26, Skybuck Flying wrote:
>> OT[about cursor keys]
>> I always use the arrow-keys to move around in games and never used AWSD.
>> But I have my left hand over the Arrows and can easy reach NUMPAD-keys
>> which I usually set to jump, dodge and run, as well as the three right
>> shift alt control keys, all with the left hand. Mouse is on right hand.
>>
>> these AWSD is a historic relic from times when there were no NumPad.

> LOL, then you gaming it wrong ! =D Assuming you are gaming ! =D Yes, dodging, running lol.
>
> Arrows keys are for noobs.
>
> AWSD is much more comfortable for your left hand and body posture.
>
> Try using keys 1,2,3, left control, left alt, left shift, tab for additional key functionality near AWSD. As well as Q and E if you must !
>
> A = Strafe Left
> D = Strafe Right
>
> There now you can strafe + turn like a pro ! =D
>
> Welcome to Elite-Pro gaming ! LOL =D

nothing wrong with my method, I do it since more than 40 years w/o any
problems. I'm more familiar with keyboards that have a cursor block.
__
wolfgang