Subject: A good x86 emulator that runs on Linux (I ported it to Windows)
From: olcott
Newsgroups: comp.lang.asm.x86
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 16:40 UTC
From: NoO...@nospicedham.NoWhere.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.asm.x86
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 10:40:52 -0600
View all headers
It seems to be able to execute any standard 80386 code in 32-bit mode quite well.

libx86emu is a small library to emulate x86 instructions. The focus here is not a complete emulation (go for qemu for this) but to cover enough for typical firmware blobs.

At the moment 'regular' 32-bit instructions are covered together with basic protected mode support.

Not done are fpu, mmx, or any of the other instruction set extensions.
https://github.com/wfeldt/libx86emu

--
Copyright 2020 Pete Olcott

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Einstein