I am the wandering glitch -- catch me if you can.

devel / comp.theory / Re: The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2

SubjectAuthor
* The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2olcott
+- The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2Richard Damon
+- The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2Richard Damon
`* The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2olcott
 +- The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2Richard Damon
 +* The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2olcott
 |+* The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2Richard Damon
 ||`- The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2Richard Damon
 |`* The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2olcott
 | +- The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2Richard Damon
 | +- The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2Richard Damon
 | `* The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2immibis
 |  `* The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2olcott
 |   +- The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2Richard Damon
 |   `* The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2immibis
 |    +* The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2olcott
 |    |+- The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2Richard Damon
 |    |`* The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2immibis
 |    | `* The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2olcott
 |    |  +* The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2immibis
 |    |  |`* The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2olcott
 |    |  | +- The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2immibis
 |    |  | `- The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2Richard Damon
 |    |  `- The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2Richard Damon
 |    `- The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2Richard Damon
 `- The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2immibis

Pages:12
Re: The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2

<un7ire$24eh7$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=50132&group=comp.theory#50132

From: rich...@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory
Subject: Re: The Halting problem is an incorrect question V2
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 19:34:54 -0500
 by: Richard Damon - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 00:34 UTC

On 1/4/24 5:22 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 1/2/2024 2:29 PM, immibis wrote:

>>> They do have fixed integer state numbers, thus the same thing.
>>>

>> Turing machines don't know their own state number
>
> That conventional Turing machines don't typically know their
> own state number is not at all the same as no TM can possibly
> ever know its own state number.

So, you just don't understand about Turing Machines.

They know what State they are in.

They CAN'T know how that state has been encoded in a given
representation, because the encoding doesn't affect them.

You proved this ignorance years ago.