Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
From: bertus.d...@planet.nl (ldries46)
Subject: Installation procedures
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 09:01:31 +0200
 by: ldries46 - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 07:01 UTC

Reading Newsgroups and forums I often encounter problems with
installation procedures. a Lot of these problems are as I  see it caused
by the fact that you must read a description how to work and not
understanding it. In most cases it is a better way to guide people via
questions thru the proces.
Let me give an example:
In windows you can install your Ada GPS compiler and debugging
environment by one comment and answering a number of questions. The
answers on those questions are stored and used where needed.
On Ubuntu I have to use several command of which I don't know which is
doing what. The result is that have not yet been able to install the
same program without the help of an linux expert.
The reason for having the compiler on both systems is for making sure I
write code that works on both operating systems and that I did not write
code that uses operating system specific functions in my program on one
side and when needed I can write operating system specific packages wirh
the same names and adressable variables, functions or procedures i have
to use operating system specific functions.