From: irvise...@irvise.xyz (Fernando Oleo Blanco)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Subject: FOSDEM 2022 and Ada
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 12:59:50 +0200
 by: Fernando Oleo Blanco - Mon, 25 Oct 2021 10:59 UTC

Hi everybody,

FOSDEM 2022 has been announced and it has been decided that, once again
(sadly), it will take place online [1] (though that is great news for
people abroad).

Last year there was no Ada room, unlike past editions. I am sending this
message to see if the primary stakeholders would be interested in having
an Ada room this year. I think this could be an interesting idea since
Ada has evolved quite a bit and there could be some interesting talks
such as:

- Ada 2022
- Alire
- Ada on embedded, see [1]
- Interesting projects that people have worked on
- Maybe Pierre's wonderful Ada Introduction :)
- And general chitchat/networking

I personally hope to give a talk about porting GNAT to NetBSD, but that
will most likely take place on the NetBSD room, since I think it is more
relevant there. I may also do a talk on getting Ada running on a FPGA
using RISC-V, we will see.

Also, I am volunteering myself to __help__ (not do) anybody who is
willing to put on the effort of creating the Ada-devroom.

[1] https://fosdem.org/2022/
[2]
https://blog.adacore.com/starting-micro-controller-ada-drivers-in-the-alire-ecosystem

Happy hacking,
--
Fernando Oleo Blanco
https://irvise.xyz

Re: FOSDEM 2022 and Ada

<sm0ldc$v56$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=6270&group=comp.lang.ada#6270

From: irvise...@irvise.xyz (Fernando Oleo Blanco)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2022 and Ada
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 13:58:20 +0100
 by: Fernando Oleo Blanco - Thu, 4 Nov 2021 12:58 UTC

Hi,

the devroom CfP has been opened. The initial timetable has also been
laid out. The most important date is that devroom proposals are closed
on the 15th of November, so in less than two weeks.

https://fosdem.org/2022/news/2021-11-02-devroom-cfp/

Happy hacking,
--
Fernando Oleo Blanco
https://irvise.xyz

Re: FOSDEM 2022 and Ada

<sm124l$n8j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=6272&group=comp.lang.ada#6272

From: dir...@orka.cs.kuleuven.be. (Dirk Craeynest)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 16:35:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dirk Craeynest - Thu, 4 Nov 2021 16:35 UTC

In article <sm0ldc$v56$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
Fernando Oleo Blanco <irvise_ml@irvise.xyz> wrote:
>the devroom CfP has been opened. The initial timetable has also been
>laid out. The most important date is that devroom proposals are closed
>on the 15th of November, so in less than two weeks.

I recommend everyone who is interested in helping with the organization
of an Ada DevRoom at FOSDEM, to subscribe to the dedicated AdaFOSDEM
mailing list [1] that is used since early 2012 for this purpose.

In particular, please read the message [2] that I posted there
yesterday with subject "Ada at FOSDEM 2022?"

Dirk Craeynest
Coordinator FOSDEM Ada DevRoom 2006-2020
Dirk.Craeynest@cs.kuleuven.be (for Ada-Belgium/Ada-Europe/SIGAda/WG9)

PS: to subscribe and access the archives, you need a LISTSERV account.
Anyone can obtain such account on any server: information on how to
do that is available via both URLs.

[1] https://ls.kuleuven.be/archives/adafosdem.html
[2] https://ls.kuleuven.be/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ADAFOSDEM;b6b03104.2111