"It takes all sorts of in & out-door schooling to get adapted to my kind of fooling" -- R. Frost

devel / comp.lang.ada / file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not found

SubjectAuthor
* file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not foundhreba
+* Re: file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not foundDmitry A. Kazakov
|`* Re: file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not foundhreba
| `* Re: file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not foundDmitry A. Kazakov
|  `- Re: file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not foundhreba
`- Re: file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not foundJeffrey R.Carter

1
file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not found

<j5l8f6FgnugU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=6578&group=comp.lang.ada#6578

From: hre...@t-online.de (hreba)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Subject: file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not found
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 17:31:34 +0100
 by: hreba - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 16:31 UTC

My program uses the gtkada contributions for multitasking and works
well. Now I am writing a plugin following the gnat examples. The
compiler then asks for gtkada contributions. When I include them, I get
the error message

gtk-persistent_storage_credentials_dialog-odbc.adb:28:06: file
"persistent-odbc.ads" not found

among others. I found the missing packages in the simple components,
added them too, and now I get

synchronization-interprocess-process_call_service-generic_parameterless_function.ads:27:06:
file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not found

and don't know how to continue.

I am on a Linux Mint (Ubuntu) machine.

gtkada contributions as well as simple components I caught as source,
and mention the corresponding directories in my project file in
Source_Dirs. As I am trying to write a plugin, this is a library project
of kind relocatable.
--
Frank Hrebabetzky, Kronach +49 / 9261 / 950 0565

Re: file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not found

<st43de$10hv$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=6580&group=comp.lang.ada#6580

From: mail...@dmitry-kazakov.de (Dmitry A. Kazakov)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 20:09:35 +0100
 by: Dmitry A. Kazakov - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 19:09 UTC

On 2022-01-29 17:31, hreba wrote:
> My program uses the gtkada contributions for multitasking and works
> well. Now I am writing a plugin following the gnat examples. The
> compiler then asks for gtkada contributions. When I include them, I get
> the error message
>
> gtk-persistent_storage_credentials_dialog-odbc.adb:28:06: file
> "persistent-odbc.ads" not found
>
> among others. I found the missing packages in the simple components,
> added them too, and now I get
>
> synchronization-interprocess-process_call_service-generic_parameterless_function.ads:27:06:
> file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not found
>
> and don't know how to continue.
>
> I am on a Linux Mint (Ubuntu) machine.
>
> gtkada contributions as well as simple components I caught as source,
> and mention the corresponding directories in my project file in
> Source_Dirs. As I am trying to write a plugin, this is a library project
> of kind relocatable.

Do you have your own gpr-file? The with-section and the private part of
synchronization-interprocess.ads is OS-dependent. In the provided
gpr-file it is selected by the Target_OS project scenario.

The source file for Linux is in the subdirectory os/linux.

Similarly, when using ODBC, you must select the right OS driver and 32-
vs 64-bit because ODBC API depends on the choice.

The list of scenarios is here:

http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm#19

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

Re: file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not found

<st43ha$dvk$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=6581&group=comp.lang.ada#6581

From: spam.jrc...@spam.acm.org.not (Jeffrey R.Carter)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 20:11:38 +0100
 by: Jeffrey R.Carter - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 19:11 UTC

On 2022-01-29 17:31, hreba wrote:

> synchronization-interprocess-process_call_service-generic_parameterless_function.ads:27:06:
> file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not found

Presumably this refers to the packages referred to at

http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm#Synchronization

which seem to be part of Kazakov's simple components. If you download the source
archive at the top of that page, it seems to contain the Synchronization pkg
hierarchy.

--
Jeff Carter
"Death awaits you all, with nasty, big, pointy teeth!"

Re: file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not found

<j5tgg3F46t3U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=6591&group=comp.lang.ada#6591

From: hre...@t-online.de (hreba)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 20:37:39 +0100
 by: hreba - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 19:37 UTC

On 29.01.22 20:09, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> On 2022-01-29 17:31, hreba wrote:
--- snip ---
>> Source_Dirs. As I am trying to write a plugin, this is a library
>> project of kind relocatable.
>
> Do you have your own gpr-file? The with-section and the private part of
> synchronization-interprocess.ads is OS-dependent. In the provided
> gpr-file it is selected by the Target_OS project scenario.
>
> The source file for Linux is in the subdirectory os/linux.
>
> Similarly, when using ODBC, you must select the right OS driver and 32-
> vs 64-bit because ODBC API depends on the choice.
>
> The list of scenarios is here:
>
>    http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm#19

Using the component's project file is not possible because

--
driven_pend.gpr:7:17: shared library project "driven_pend" cannot import
project "tables" that is not a shared library project

so I included in my project file's Source_Dirs the Components subdirectories
- os/linux
- odbc/unixodbc/x86_64
what resulted in

--
gnat-sockets-connection_state_machine-little_endian-unsigneds.ads:28:60:
file "g-socser.ads" not found
gnat-sockets-connection_state_machine-little_endian-unsigneds.ads:28:60:
"GNAT.SOCKETS.CONNECTION_STATE_MACHINE.LITTLE_ENDIAN.UNSIGNEDS (spec)"
depends on "GNAT.SOCKETS.CONNECTION_STATE_MACHINE.LITTLE_ENDIAN (spec)"
gnat-sockets-connection_state_machine-little_endian-unsigneds.ads:28:60:
"GNAT.SOCKETS.CONNECTION_STATE_MACHINE.LITTLE_ENDIAN (spec)" depends on
"GNAT.SOCKETS.CONNECTION_STATE_MACHINE (spec)"
gnat-sockets-connection_state_machine-little_endian-unsigneds.ads:28:60:
"GNAT.SOCKETS.CONNECTION_STATE_MACHINE (spec)" depends on
"GNAT.SOCKETS.SERVER (spec)"
--

Executing
find -name "g-socser.ads"

Regards,
--
Frank Hrebabetzky, Kronach +49 / 9261 / 950 0565

Re: file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not found

<stc462$1q2r$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=6592&group=comp.lang.ada#6592

From: mail...@dmitry-kazakov.de (Dmitry A. Kazakov)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 21:11:48 +0100
 by: Dmitry A. Kazakov - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 20:11 UTC

On 2022-02-01 20:37, hreba wrote:
> On 29.01.22 20:09, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
>> On 2022-01-29 17:31, hreba wrote:
> --- snip ---
>>> Source_Dirs. As I am trying to write a plugin, this is a library
>>> project of kind relocatable.
>>
>> Do you have your own gpr-file? The with-section and the private part
>> of synchronization-interprocess.ads is OS-dependent. In the provided
>> gpr-file it is selected by the Target_OS project scenario.
>>
>> The source file for Linux is in the subdirectory os/linux.
>>
>> Similarly, when using ODBC, you must select the right OS driver and
>> 32- vs 64-bit because ODBC API depends on the choice.
>>
>> The list of scenarios is here:
>>
>>     http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm#19
>>

> Using the component's project file is not possible because
>
> --
> driven_pend.gpr:7:17: shared library project "driven_pend" cannot import
> project "tables" that is not a shared library project
> --

Actually it is possible to circumvent using gcc linker switches like
--whole-archive. But admittedly, it is too complicated.

> so I included in my project file's Source_Dirs the Components
> subdirectories
>  - os/linux
>  - odbc/unixodbc/x86_64
> what resulted in

Why do you want to include everything? I guess that you do not use

for Source_Files

in your project and this includes everything of which you likely need none.

If you look at the sources you will find lots of independent projects.
There exist many gpr files each of which has a file list

for Source_Files use (...);

Take only what you actually need. Copy the file lists from there and put
them into your for Source_Files use. This will exclude things you do not
need. Start with only your files and incrementally add lists from the
projects containing missing files.

> --
> gnat-sockets-connection_state_machine-little_endian-unsigneds.ads:28:60:
> file "g-socser.ads" not found
> gnat-sockets-connection_state_machine-little_endian-unsigneds.ads:28:60:
> "GNAT.SOCKETS.CONNECTION_STATE_MACHINE.LITTLE_ENDIAN.UNSIGNEDS (body)"
> depends on
> "GNAT.SOCKETS.CONNECTION_STATE_MACHINE.LITTLE_ENDIAN.UNSIGNEDS (spec)"
> gnat-sockets-connection_state_machine-little_endian-unsigneds.ads:28:60:
> "GNAT.SOCKETS.CONNECTION_STATE_MACHINE.LITTLE_ENDIAN.UNSIGNEDS (spec)"
> depends on "GNAT.SOCKETS.CONNECTION_STATE_MACHINE.LITTLE_ENDIAN (spec)"
> gnat-sockets-connection_state_machine-little_endian-unsigneds.ads:28:60:
> "GNAT.SOCKETS.CONNECTION_STATE_MACHINE.LITTLE_ENDIAN (spec)" depends on
> "GNAT.SOCKETS.CONNECTION_STATE_MACHINE (spec)"
> gnat-sockets-connection_state_machine-little_endian-unsigneds.ads:28:60:
> "GNAT.SOCKETS.CONNECTION_STATE_MACHINE (spec)" depends on
> "GNAT.SOCKETS.SERVER (spec)"
> -- > Executing
>     find -name "g-socser.ads"
> in directory Components didn't return any result.

g-socser.ads is the standard AdaCore's GNAT.Sockets package. You must
have it, if GNAT is installed.

I guess that the actual problem is that it cannot find
gnat-sockets-server.ads which again dependends on the GNAT compiler
capabilities. There are 3 incarnations of:

1. Standard Ada in atomic-access/ada

2. Ada incapable of 64-bit atomic access in atomic-access/gcc

3. Ada incapable of 64-bit atomic access yet using 64-bit for stream
data types. This one is in atomic-access/gcc-long-offsets

On a 64-bit machine it is #1. On a 32-bit machine it is most likely #3.

But, again, you probably do not need any of these.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

Re: file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not found

<j5vrsqF1oiuU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=6598&group=comp.lang.ada#6598

From: hre...@t-online.de (hreba)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 18:04:26 +0100
 by: hreba - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 17:04 UTC

I limited the source files as recommended and it compiles now.

Thanks for the help.
--
Frank Hrebabetzky, Kronach +49 / 9261 / 950 0565