From: gah...@u.washington.edu (gah4)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Subject: How dense is A First Course in Formal Language Theory?
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 17:58:46 -0700
Sender: johnl%iecc.com
 by: gah4 - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 00:58 UTC

In a Quora question about the most dense small book, the answer
is Rayward-Smith's "A First Course in Formal Language Theory".

I wonder if this is a well known book on Formal Language
Theory, and is really that dense.
[There's a copy in the Internet Archive. I took a look at the
first chapter which is quite mathematical but no more than I
would expect for this material. -John]