Maybe it's time to break that. -- Larry Wall in <199710311718.JAA19082@wall.org>

devel / comp.lang.javascript / Unsafe site

SubjectAuthor
* Unsafe siteJonas Thörnvall
+* Re: Unsafe siteJonas Thörnvall
|+* Re: Unsafe siteJulio Di Egidio
||`* Re: Unsafe siteJonas Thörnvall
|| `* Re: Unsafe siteJulio Di Egidio
||  `- Re: Unsafe siteJonas Thörnvall
|`* Re: Unsafe siteArno Welzel
| `* Re: Unsafe siteJonas Thörnvall
|  `* Re: Unsafe siteArno Welzel
|   `- Re: Unsafe siteThe Natural Philosopher
`* Re: Unsafe siteJJ
 `* Re: Unsafe siteJonas Thörnvall
  `- Re: Unsafe siteJonas Thörnvall

1
Unsafe site

<481fef70-70d6-4056-b577-15c4218739can@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9921&group=comp.lang.javascript#9921

Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 07:12:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Unsafe site
From: jonas.th...@gmail.com (Jonas Thörnvall)
 by: Jonas Thörnvall - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 14:12 UTC

I run a script doing midi on my Windows 10 IIS server, without complaint.

But i use 000 webhost for pusblishing and get "Unsafe site" and have to make an exclusiion for page to load?

Is this due to my script or due to them setting some weird cookie, so that it can't be reached?

I tried both Chrome, Opera and Edge, they all complain about the same thing "unsafe site".

Re: Unsafe site

<34379c52-b5a8-4f54-8317-2b318b2b5225n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9922&group=comp.lang.javascript#9922

Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 07:14:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Unsafe site
From: jonas.th...@gmail.com (Jonas Thörnvall)
 by: Jonas Thörnvall - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 14:14 UTC

fredag 24 september 2021 kl. 16:12:08 UTC+2 skrev Jonas Thörnvall:
> I run a script doing midi on my Windows 10 IIS server, without complaint.
>
> But i use 000 webhost for pusblishing and get "Unsafe site" and have to make an exclusiion for page to load?
>
> Is this due to my script or due to them setting some weird cookie, so that it can't be reached?
>
> I tried both Chrome, Opera and Edge, they all complain about the same thing "unsafe site".
Anyone with an investigating mind that dare try?

http://jtmidi.000webhostapp.com/

Re: Unsafe site

<e8fd1fac-60be-4c8c-9d57-a880e16795b1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9923&group=comp.lang.javascript#9923

Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 07:59:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: jul...@diegidio.name (Julio Di Egidio)
 by: Julio Di Egidio - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 14:59 UTC

On Friday, 24 September 2021 at 16:14:22 UTC+2, jonas.t...@gmail.com wrote:
> fredag 24 september 2021 kl. 16:12:08 UTC+2 skrev Jonas Thörnvall:
> > I run a script doing midi on my Windows 10 IIS server, without complaint.
> >
> > But i use 000 webhost for pusblishing and get "Unsafe site" and have to make an exclusiion for page to load?
> >
> > Is this due to my script or due to them setting some weird cookie, so that it can't be reached?
> >
> > I tried both Chrome, Opera and Edge, they all complain about the same thing "unsafe site".
> Anyone with an investigating mind that dare try?
>
> http://jtmidi.000webhostapp.com/

The problem I think has rather to do with the page being under http and not https. But I am not sure: my Edge rather says "Not secure" near the location bar, and the page still opens, i.e. I do not have to add any exceptions....

Julio

Re: Unsafe site

<6a9ca489-dbdb-4415-a87a-b20faf35775an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9924&group=comp.lang.javascript#9924

Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 08:12:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: jonas.th...@gmail.com (Jonas Thörnvall)
 by: Jonas Thörnvall - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 15:12 UTC

fredag 24 september 2021 kl. 16:59:53 UTC+2 skrev ju...@diegidio.name:
> On Friday, 24 September 2021 at 16:14:22 UTC+2, jonas.t...@gmail.com wrote:
> > fredag 24 september 2021 kl. 16:12:08 UTC+2 skrev Jonas Thörnvall:
> > > I run a script doing midi on my Windows 10 IIS server, without complaint.
> > >
> > > But i use 000 webhost for pusblishing and get "Unsafe site" and have to make an exclusiion for page to load?
> > >
> > > Is this due to my script or due to them setting some weird cookie, so that it can't be reached?
> > >
> > > I tried both Chrome, Opera and Edge, they all complain about the same thing "unsafe site".
> > Anyone with an investigating mind that dare try?
> >
> > http://jtmidi.000webhostapp.com/
> The problem I think has rather to do with the page being under http and not https. But I am not sure: my Edge rather says "Not secure" near the location bar, and the page still opens, i.e. I do not have to add any exceptions...
>
> Julio
No i don't think midi is loaded, if you look in settings it is blocked "and can't be changed". until you manually add site as an exception. to allow unsafe site.
So i don't think you have the midi functionality although the page "seems to load".

Re: Unsafe site

<ir68aeF98lvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9925&group=comp.lang.javascript#9925

From: use...@arnowelzel.de (Arno Welzel)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 17:14:22 +0200
 by: Arno Welzel - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 15:14 UTC

Jonas Thörnvall:

> fredag 24 september 2021 kl. 16:12:08 UTC+2 skrev Jonas Thörnvall:
>> I run a script doing midi on my Windows 10 IIS server, without complaint.
>>
>> But i use 000 webhost for pusblishing and get "Unsafe site" and have to make an exclusiion for page to load?
>>
>> Is this due to my script or due to them setting some weird cookie, so that it can't be reached?
>>
>> I tried both Chrome, Opera and Edge, they all complain about the same thing "unsafe site".
> Anyone with an investigating mind that dare try?
>
> http://jtmidi.000webhostapp.com/

JFTR:

http://jtmidi.000webhostapp.com/DEVICES/KORGRC168.HTML - HTTP 404
http://jtmidi.000webhostapp.com/DEVICES/TA1884.HTML - HTTP 404

And there are other problems as well:

content.min.js:261 Refused to get unsafe header "6"

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()

[OptinMonster] This account is not currently active. It is either
expired, paused, archived, cancelled or temporarily suspended.

and so on...

Why don't you just get a regular webspace and put your stuff there? It
seems "000 webhost" adds their own stuff as well.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de

Re: Unsafe site

<92059887-9ca7-411b-997e-abb2897a0948n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9927&group=comp.lang.javascript#9927

Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 08:33:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: jul...@diegidio.name (Julio Di Egidio)
 by: Julio Di Egidio - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 15:33 UTC

On Friday, 24 September 2021 at 17:12:06 UTC+2, jonas.t...@gmail.com wrote:
> fredag 24 september 2021 kl. 16:59:53 UTC+2 skrev ju...@diegidio.name:

> > > Anyone with an investigating mind that dare try?
> > >
> > > http://jtmidi.000webhostapp.com/
> > The problem I think has rather to do with the page being under http and not https. But I am not sure: my Edge rather says "Not secure" near the location bar, and the page still opens, i.e. I do not have to add any exceptions...
> >
> No i don't think midi is loaded, if you look in settings it is blocked "and can't be changed". until you manually add site as an exception. to allow unsafe site.
> So i don't think you have the midi functionality although the page "seems to load".

On the contrary, I even have MIDI authorised for that page, and if you haven't yet, the browser should rather ask you what to do: unless you have changed your browser's settings.

So, either we are on a different browser version (mine is up to date), or I have no clue what Universe you are even writing from: I mean, not even the message is really the same...

Anyway, that's all I see.

Julio

Re: Unsafe site

<e1df9188-7847-484d-bc01-8096eb5128a2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9928&group=comp.lang.javascript#9928

Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 08:48:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: jonas.th...@gmail.com (Jonas Thörnvall)
 by: Jonas Thörnvall - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 15:48 UTC

fredag 24 september 2021 kl. 17:33:50 UTC+2 skrev ju...@diegidio.name:
> On Friday, 24 September 2021 at 17:12:06 UTC+2, jonas.t...@gmail.com wrote:
> > fredag 24 september 2021 kl. 16:59:53 UTC+2 skrev ju...@diegidio.name:

> > > The problem I think has rather to do with the page being under http and not https. But I am not sure: my Edge rather says "Not secure" near the location bar, and the page still opens, i.e. I do not have to add any exceptions...
> > >
> > No i don't think midi is loaded, if you look in settings it is blocked "and can't be changed". until you manually add site as an exception. to allow unsafe site.
> > So i don't think you have the midi functionality although the page "seems to load".
> On the contrary, I even have MIDI authorised for that page, and if you haven't yet, the browser should rather ask you what to do: unless you have changed your browser's settings.
>
> So, either we are on a different browser version (mine is up to date), or I have no clue what Universe you are even writing from: I mean, not even the message is really the same...
>
> Anyway, that's all I see.
>
> Julio
Yeah that is what was weird, i never got a message to allow. And when you go to settings you never get the option to change "it is constantaly blocked" so not any "ask" or "allow" just "block".
And this is true for all the browser i mentioned chrome, opera and edge.

I never go into services or register or browser settings on my windows 10 machine "until now" so i can't really see how it happened.
But there was a function "in Chrome" that i mainly use so allow unsafe sites....

Re: Unsafe site

<1f2507ad-ea52-4168-8733-7c116688a5a7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9929&group=comp.lang.javascript#9929

Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 09:18:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: jonas.th...@gmail.com (Jonas Thörnvall)
 by: Jonas Thörnvall - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 16:18 UTC

fredag 24 september 2021 kl. 17:14:27 UTC+2 skrev Arno Welzel:
> Jonas Thörnvall:
> > fredag 24 september 2021 kl. 16:12:08 UTC+2 skrev Jonas Thörnvall:
> >> I run a script doing midi on my Windows 10 IIS server, without complaint.
> >>
> >> But i use 000 webhost for pusblishing and get "Unsafe site" and have to make an exclusiion for page to load?
> >>
> >> Is this due to my script or due to them setting some weird cookie, so that it can't be reached?
> >>
> >> I tried both Chrome, Opera and Edge, they all complain about the same thing "unsafe site".
> > Anyone with an investigating mind that dare try?
> >
> > http://jtmidi.000webhostapp.com/
> JFTR:
>
> http://jtmidi.000webhostapp.com/DEVICES/KORGRC168.HTML - HTTP 404
> http://jtmidi.000webhostapp.com/DEVICES/TA1884.HTML - HTTP 404
>
> And there are other problems as well:
>
> content.min.js:261 Refused to get unsafe header "6"
>
> Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()
>
> [OptinMonster] This account is not currently active. It is either
> expired, paused, archived, cancelled or temporarily suspended.
>
> and so on...
>
> Why don't you just get a regular webspace and put your stuff there? It
> seems "000 webhost" adds their own stuff as well.
>

> --
> Arno Welzel
> https://arnowelzel.de

I removed the files you mention until they really have more going for them.
I am thinking of payed service webhost but it is so hard to chose, ideally i would like google but i can't find out what a "personal site" cost.

JT

Re: Unsafe site

<1fslpc4xlj5e9.6t0l5hsptk6t$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9930&group=comp.lang.javascript#9930

From: jj4pub...@gmail.com (JJ)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 00:27:08 +0700
 by: JJ - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 17:27 UTC

On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 07:12:03 -0700 (PDT), Jonas Thörnvall wrote:
> I run a script doing midi on my Windows 10 IIS server, without complaint.
>
> But i use 000 webhost for pusblishing and get "Unsafe site" and have to
> make an exclusiion for page to load?
>
> Is this due to my script or due to them setting some weird cookie, so
> that it can't be reached?
>
> I tried both Chrome, Opera and Edge, they all complain about the same
> thing "unsafe site".

That usually happens when there are more scam/phishing sites than legit
ones, in a specific web hosting service. Too many scam/phishing reports, and
too little objections on those claims.

Re: Unsafe site

<2d5a9ea3-dfdb-42c5-b02c-033e98b8e1a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9950&group=comp.lang.javascript#9950

Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 16:00:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: jonas.th...@gmail.com (Jonas Thörnvall)
 by: Jonas Thörnvall - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 23:00 UTC

fredag 24 september 2021 kl. 19:26:43 UTC+2 skrev JJ:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 07:12:03 -0700 (PDT), Jonas Thörnvall wrote:
> > I run a script doing midi on my Windows 10 IIS server, without complaint.
> >
> > But i use 000 webhost for pusblishing and get "Unsafe site" and have to
> > make an exclusiion for page to load?
> >
> > Is this due to my script or due to them setting some weird cookie, so
> > that it can't be reached?
> >
> > I tried both Chrome, Opera and Edge, they all complain about the same
> > thing "unsafe site".
> That usually happens when there are more scam/phishing sites than legit
> ones, in a specific web hosting service. Too many scam/phishing reports, and
> too little objections on those claims.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=4265809900155467&set=a.288020821267748

Re: Unsafe site

<d205972b-4b90-47f0-b4b5-148cf0a09882n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9951&group=comp.lang.javascript#9951

Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 16:02:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: jonas.th...@gmail.com (Jonas Thörnvall)
 by: Jonas Thörnvall - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 23:02 UTC

söndag 26 september 2021 kl. 01:00:39 UTC+2 skrev Jonas Thörnvall:
> fredag 24 september 2021 kl. 19:26:43 UTC+2 skrev JJ:
> > On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 07:12:03 -0700 (PDT), Jonas Thörnvall wrote:
> > > I run a script doing midi on my Windows 10 IIS server, without complaint.
> > >
> > > But i use 000 webhost for pusblishing and get "Unsafe site" and have to
> > > make an exclusiion for page to load?
> > >
> > > Is this due to my script or due to them setting some weird cookie, so
> > > that it can't be reached?
> > >
> > > I tried both Chrome, Opera and Edge, they all complain about the same
> > > thing "unsafe site".
> > That usually happens when there are more scam/phishing sites than legit
> > ones, in a specific web hosting service. Too many scam/phishing reports, and
> > too little objections on those claims.
> https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=4265809900155467&set=a.288020821267748
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qNeGSJaQ9Q

Re: Unsafe site

<irar5pF5e2eU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9952&group=comp.lang.javascript#9952

From: use...@arnowelzel.de (Arno Welzel)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 11:00:40 +0200
 by: Arno Welzel - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 09:00 UTC

Jonas Thörnvall:

> fredag 24 september 2021 kl. 17:14:27 UTC+2 skrev Arno Welzel:
>> Jonas Thörnvall:
[...]
>>> http://jtmidi.000webhostapp.com/
[...]
>> Why don't you just get a regular webspace and put your stuff there?
>> It seems "000 webhost" adds their own stuff as well.
>>

>> -- Arno Welzel https://arnowelzel.de
>
> I removed the files you mention until they really have more going for
> them. I am thinking of payed service webhost but it is so hard to
> chose, ideally i would like google but i can't find out what a
> "personal site" cost.

As a rule of thumb:

Domain registration is about 10-15 EUR per year depending on the top
level domain. A webspace with PHP with 20 GB storage starts at about 1-2
EUR per month. So in total you should get something useful for about 2-3
EUR per month.

If you contact me personally I can also provide temperary webspace at
https://jtmidi.0x0c.de for free (inluding FTPS access) so you can try
out first, if this works for you.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de

Re: Unsafe site

<sipjm7$3vv$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9953&group=comp.lang.javascript#9953

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 11:57:11 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 10:57 UTC

On 26/09/2021 10:00, Arno Welzel wrote:
> Jonas Thörnvall:
>
>> fredag 24 september 2021 kl. 17:14:27 UTC+2 skrev Arno Welzel:
>>> Jonas Thörnvall:
> [...]
> [...]
>>> Why don't you just get a regular webspace and put your stuff there?
>>> It seems "000 webhost" adds their own stuff as well.
>>>

>>> -- Arno Welzel https://arnowelzel.de
>>
>> I removed the files you mention until they really have more going for
>> them. I am thinking of payed service webhost but it is so hard to
>> chose, ideally i would like google but i can't find out what a
>> "personal site" cost.
>
> As a rule of thumb:
>
> Domain registration is about 10-15 EUR per year depending on the top
> level domain. A webspace with PHP with 20 GB storage starts at about 1-2
> EUR per month. So in total you should get something useful for about 2-3
> EUR per month.
>
> If you contact me personally I can also provide temperary webspace at
> https://jtmidi.0x0c.de for free (inluding FTPS access) so you can try
> out first, if this works for you.

If you want to do more than throw a few web pages up, a virtual private
server is almost as cheap as shared hosting, but of course you do need
to be able to manage a linux machine and set up apache etc.

--
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere,
diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”