Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 05:27:55 -0700 (PDT)
<72327ddd-9fc0-494c-8644-5b592e06c48dn@googlegroups.com> <b835b11f-22cd-47b1-8435-9cc90dbcb563n@googlegroups.com>
<4baeea91-9907-4efd-a5c6-8d977261c71bn@googlegroups.com> <b73a2d7a-bacc-4aa9-a492-c354929650den@googlegroups.com>
<7bbe81ca-3dea-4822-b1ab-0f58e4c8b5dfn@googlegroups.com> <1282effe-9435-490f-9f55-3fead1c8457bn@googlegroups.com>
<8d97013d-a9f2-4d51-8438-ba8ab7a3cf85n@googlegroups.com> <0c45cc76-2666-47d1-a704-172a2ca07480n@googlegroups.com>
<16da971d-a822-4be0-b44c-f93c716c10aen@googlegroups.com> <3fb03a72-be99-48d2-ac19-2cb87966ee81n@googlegroups.com>
<fcc72f87-7358-4d17-8fb9-47862fcf10d1n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Its a shame that stackoverflow doesn't support Prolog
From: burse...@gmail.com (Mostowski Collapse)
 by: Mostowski Collapse - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 12:27 UTC

If you take into account the Peano apostroph,
its definitively more than 100 years old stuff.
Peano used the apostroph (1888?) in geometry to
denote a shadow. But guess what:

dom(f): The shadow of f on the x-axis
img(f): The shadow of f on the y-axis
(synonym to range rng(f))

Now the modern homo stack exchangis (in the
clade of home trollensis), when doing math, has
totally lost its grounding of math for example in
geometry, and has become a perverted anti-troller.

So just avoid stack exchange, its a cesspool.

Peano’s Logical Language and Grassmann’s Legacy
https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00326364/document