Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 06:56:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: endpoint web services
From: coo...@gmail.com (Robert Pope)
 by: Robert Pope - Wed, 17 May 2023 13:56 UTC

On Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 6:50:09 AM UTC+11, Sebastián BASSANO wrote:
> El Wednesday, November 9, 2022 a la(s) 4:08:29 PM UTC-3, aurora baccio escribió:
> > Il giorno mercoledì 9 novembre 2022 alle 10:22:40 UTC+1 Wolfgang Riedmann ha scritto:
> > > Hi Aurora,
> > > is there anywhere a documentation of this webservice so I can give a
> > > look?
> > >
> > > Any how many different calls do you need to call?
> > >
> > > Wolfgang
> > >

> > > --
> > Mr Riedman, thank you
> > if you send me an e-mail I will send you the specifications provided by sogei.
> > thank you
> > Aurora Baccio
> Hi Aurora, were you able to solve your problem?
> I usually solve this kind of interaction with web services using a COM object (I code everything in C#), maybe you can do the same.
> Regards.

Making calls to Windows Internet API (wininet.dll) is also an option. We used that in the company I work for. That is probably the most difficult way to do it, but it gave us more control over working with / around the corporate proxy servers, and another good feature was that it let us do asynchronous calls so that VO wasn't blocking while waiting for the response. From memory, those were the main advantages compared to using CHttp.

devel / comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects / Re: endpoint web services