From: new...@zzo38computer.org.invalid
Newsgroups: comp.lang.postscript
Subject: ZZT reading/writing and world map in PostScript
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 12:38:01 -0700
 by: new...@zzo38computer.org.invalid - Wed, 22 Jun 2022 19:38 UTC

I wrote PostScript codes for reading/writing ZZT world files, and I wrote
another program that uses this to make a world map of a ZZT file.

I wanted to make it to find bound texts in stats by making them use the
same string memory for them, like ZZT does. As far as I know, PostScript
does not have a command to check if two string objects point to the same
string data; it only checks if the contents of the string are equal. But,
I have made up a way to detect this anyways.

You can also notice how I made the block comment in a PostScript code,
which is different than how some other people have done.

Also, some improvements could be made to the world map program, such as
making rooms to not overlap, more configuration options, multiple pages
(if it does not fit on one page), passages (the current implementation
only checks for board edges and not for passages), etc.

http://zzo38computer.org/fossil/freezzt.ui/dir?ci=tip&name=ps

--
Don't laugh at the moon when it is day time in France.