I came, I saw, I deleted all your files.

computers / rocksolid.nodes / Re: Postmill thread

SubjectAuthor
* Postmill threadtrw
+- Postmill threadtrw
+* Postmill threadtrw
|`- Postmill threadanonymous
+* Postmill threadtrw
|`* Postmill threadRetro Guy
| `* Postmill threadanonymous
|  `* Postmill threadRetro Guy
|   `* Postmill threadtrw
|    `* Postmill threadanonymous
|     `* Postmill threadanonymous
|      `* Postmill threadanonymous
|       `* Postmill threadanonymous
|        `* Postmill threadRetro Guy
|         `* Postmill threadanonymous
|          `* Postmill threadRetro Guy
|           `* Postmill threadanonymous
|            `- Postmill threadanonymous
+* Postmill threadtrw
|+- Postmill threadtrw
|`- Postmill threadRetro Guy
`* Postmill threadanon
 `* Postmill threadRetro Guy
  `* Postmill threadanon
   `- Postmill threadanon

1
Re: Postmill thread

<67b1580a1e26df484d35c5c39d23751f$1@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=165&group=rocksolid.nodes#165

From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Subject: Re: Postmill thread
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 11:24:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Retro Guy - Thu, 12 Dec 2019 11:24 UTC

trw wrote:

>>but of course it would need some sort of link to nntp.

Just came across this project: http://pessoal.org/papercut/

It's a python project designed specifically to allow a forum to integrate with nntp. I haven't looked closely at it, and I don't know python, but it looks interesting. The author originally designed it to integrate Phorum (http://phorum.org/)

Retro Guy

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Re: Postmill thread

<a920e00b24eaa236ffd7ec380690bfb4@def4>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=166&group=rocksolid.nodes#166

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 22:57:11+0000
 by: anon - Thu, 12 Dec 2019 22:57 UTC

i looked at papercut at the very beginning of rocksolid, when i could not get inn2 to run (before you created your first vm).
there should even be a thread for this, if it has not disappeared when def.i2p went down.
anyway, i could not get it to run, which is maybe not surprising given the age of code base. with enough time and effort, it could be a nice alternative, though (i'm afraid more time and effort than i can spend atm).
phorum also looks nice (needs some css, i guess).

cheers

trw

Posted on def4

Re: Postmill thread

<453c32857162b8ef18f8ae489d020654$1@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=167&group=rocksolid.nodes#167

From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 23:33:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Retro Guy - Thu, 12 Dec 2019 23:33 UTC

anon wrote:

> i looked at papercut at the very beginning of rocksolid, when i could not get inn2 to run (before you created your first vm).
> there should even be a thread for this, if it has not disappeared when def.i2p went down.

I thought it sounded familiar, but couldn't find the thread.

> anyway, i could not get it to run, which is maybe not surprising given the age of code base. with enough time and effort, it could be a nice alternative, though (i'm afraid more time and effort than i can spend atm).

Yes, old code can be a challenge to get working. porting newsportal to php7 was quite a job. One which I almost quit on several times.

> phorum also looks nice (needs some css, i guess).

I have yet to look a phorum, but I will in the near future.

At this point, your ff mods are looking great! It's like a completely different interface. One thing I'd really like to see working better in ff is when it fails to send a message, it seems to never try again so messages are lost. I have that problem on my install also.

Right now, ff and rslight seem to be decent interfaces as they mature. I mean, interfaces a new user can work with quickly.

Retro Guy
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Re: Postmill thread

<62861ea7fdc3bd3b9e289369ff75ff20@def4>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=168&group=rocksolid.nodes#168

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 12:54:32+0000
 by: anon - Fri, 13 Dec 2019 12:54 UTC

>One thing I'd really like to see working better in ff is when it fails to send a message, it seems to never try again so messages are lost. I have that problem on my install also.

I guess this is about resetting some internal counter somewhere. Guess I will look into that at one point, I find it annoying as well.

Posted on def4

Re: Postmill thread

<48e70a3762c32cd194eb43fea0bb55c9@def4>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=169&group=rocksolid.nodes#169

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 18:48:08+0000
 by: anon - Fri, 13 Dec 2019 18:48 UTC

i think the code is in FUDFORUM/theme/default/imsg_edt.inc, line 568 and following. the post_message function from nntp.inc is called, but it is not checked if successful or not.

Posted on def4