Call me bored, but don't call me boring. -- Larry Wall in <199705101952.MAA00756@wall.org>

computers / rocksolid.nodes.announce / def2.i2p moving to vichan

SubjectAuthor
* def2.i2p moving to vichanAnonymous
+- so many bot requestsAnonymous
+- oh, and another thingAnonymous
+- this will take some more work to get it doneAnonymous
+- def2 is unstable for the time beingAnonymous
+* maximum file sizeAnonymous
|`- maximum file sizeRetro Guy
+- also added a footerAnonymous
+* ok switching vichan back onAnonymous
|`- ok switching vichan back onRetro Guy
+- Global varsAnonymous
+- def2 is fully switched to vichan nowAnonymous
`- def2.i2p moving to vichananon

1
Global vars

<na.541.ueqd9@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=246&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#246

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Subject: Global vars
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 06:27:55 -0700
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 7 Jun 2020 13:27 UTC

>I believe there was a problem with global variables (I use way too many of them).

I just read up now about global vars and why it is (apparently) a bad idea to use them.
Never used them myself, but just because the code and tutorials I used to learn me some php did not use them (so more by chance, really).
Can understand though why you would use them, because they are really convenient.

--
Posted on def2.i2p

def2 is fully switched to vichan now

<na.542.7sqlq@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=247&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#247

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Subject: def2 is fully switched to vichan now
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 12:49:08 -0700
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 7 Jun 2020 19:49 UTC

a little earlier than planned initially, but everything seems to be working fine, so what the heck.
if you prefer the rslight surface, please have a look at the other nodes (./nodes/html).

any feedback on the new surface is appreciated, especially bug reports.

cheers

trw

--
Posted on def2

Re: def2.i2p moving to vichan

<96f4584ea142c2cec5d3e71043e91860@def4>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=250&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#250

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Subject: Re: def2.i2p moving to vichan
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 18:37:32+0000
 by: anon - Mon, 15 Jun 2020 18:37 UTC

def2 is trashed for the time being, broken threads, threads mixed together, missing messages. guess i have played with this too much and broke something in the db. will reinstall on the weekend, please use another node during this time.

cheers

trw

Posted on def4