"Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst." -- Thomas Paine

computers / rocksolid.nodes.help / pulled all the groups again now

SubjectAuthor
* rslight rebuild ?anonymous
+* rslight rebuild ?anonymous
|`- rslight rebuild ?Retro Guy
+- rslight rebuild ?Retro Guy
+* rslight rebuild ?Retro Guy
|`* rslight rebuild ?Retro Guy
| `* rslight rebuildanon
|  `* rslight rebuildanon
|   `* rslight rebuildanon
|    `* rslight rebuildRetro Guy
|     `- rslight rebuildanonymous
+- rslight rebuild ?Retro Guy
+- tried that now before i upgradeAnonymous
+* ok, that did the trickAnonymous
|`- ok, that did the trickRetro Guy
+- pulled all the groups again nowAnonymous
+* overboard is backAnonymous
|`* overboard is backRetro Guy
| `- overboard is backRetro Guy
`* overboardAnonymous
 `- overboardRetro Guy

1
Re: overboard

<e041011a8e0362ec3e6f88b51c363b60$1@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=74&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#74

From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: Re: overboard
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 09:08 UTC
 by: Retro Guy - Wed, 27 May 2020 09:08 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

>>Have you added any files at all into /var/spool/rslight/articles or any of it's subdirs?

> well, not manually, no. i guess during updating articles were added of course.
> the overboard works again now, but only includes messages from yesterday and later.
> guess you just add new messages when they come, so if it looses its status for some reason, it does not rebuild everything ?

Overboard works simply by looking at the file dates of articles, then selecting the recent ones. I'll improve that in the future, but that's all it does right now.

It looks like it's hanging on a message for some reason, since it's not showing the footer (it never gets to that part of the code to show it).

> maybe i will just upgrade now to d, seeing if this fixes it. feels kind of pointless to debug an outdated version.

I would just upgrade, kill the nntp server, delete everything (all of it except the rslight dir), and start cron again.

With just rocksolid groups, even over i2p it won't take very long to completely populate the spool again.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
www.novabbs.com