You can't have everything... where would you put it? -- Steven Wright

devel / rocksolid.programming / Re: latest code

SubjectAuthor
* vichan to do listAnonymous
+- threadsAnonymous
+* subjectAnonymous
|`* subjectRetro Guy
| `* subjectRetro Guy
|  `* subjectRetro Guy
|   `- subjectanon
+* status updateAnonymous
|`* status updateRetro Guy
| `* status updateRetro Guy
|  +- status updateRetro Guy
|  `* status updateanon
|   +* status updateanon
|   |`* status updateRetro Guy
|   | `* status updateanon
|   |  `* status updateanon
|   |   `* status updateRetro Guy
|   |    +- status updateRetro Guy
|   |    `* status updateanon
|   |     `* status updateRetro Guy
|   |      `- status updateRetro Guy
|   `- status updateRetro Guy
+* vichan to do listanon
|+- vichan to do listRetro Guy
|`* vichan to do listanon
| `* vichan to do listRetro Guy
|  `* vichan to do listRetro Guy
|   `* vichan to do listRetro Guy
|    `* vichan to do listanonymous
|     `* vichan to do listRetro Guy
|      `* vichan to do listanon
|       `* vichan to do listRetro Guy
|        `* vichan to do listRetro Guy
|         `* vichan to do listRetro Guy
|          `* vichan to do listanon
|           +- vichan to do listanon
|           `* vichan to do listRetro Guy
|            `* vichan to do listRetro Guy
|             `* vichan to do listanonymous
|              `* vichan to do listanonymous
|               +- vichan to do listanonymous
|               `- vichan to do listRetro Guy
+* vichan to do listanon
|`* vichan to do listanon
| `- vichan to do listMarc SCHAEFER
+* vichan to do listanon
|`- vichan to do listRetro Guy
+* i just uploaded my code hereAnonymous
|`- i just uploaded my code hereRetro Guy
+- so far seems to workAnonymous
+- alright, multi server updateAnonymous
+* posting to new serverAnonymous
|`- posting to new serverRetro Guy
+- errorAnonymous
+* posting articlesAnonymous
|`- posting articlesRetro Guy
+* alright, i have it goingAnonymous
|`* alright, i have it goingRetro Guy
| `- alright, i have it goingRetro Guy
+* overchanAnonymous
|`- overchanRetro Guy
+- send to rslightAnonymous
+- btw, what about your vichan ?Anonymous
+* jsonAnonymous
|`- jsonMarc SCHAEFER
+- jsonAnonymous
+- date problemsAnonymous
+- ok, fixed the dateAnonymous
+* almost donetrw
|`- almost doneRetro Guy
+- almost doneAnonymous
`* latest codeAnonymous
 `* latest codeRetro Guy
  `* latest codeRetro Guy
   `* latest codeanon
    `* latest codeRetro Guy
     `* latest codeanon
      `* latest codeanon
       `* latest codeanon
        `* latest codeanon
         `- latest codereshmakavi

Pages:1234
Re: latest code

<91b46b45ec5781f78926ba70629703c6$1@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=650&group=rocksolid.programming#650

From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Subject: Re: latest code
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 00:53 UTC
 by: Retro Guy - Tue, 16 Jun 2020 00:53 UTC

anon wrote:

>>I then found sync.php and ran it as www-data user in the directory it's in (./debug). Not sure if I was supposed to run it, or move it elsewhere, or run it from another dir, but I ran it from there.

> That's fine. It can run from anywhere, and you can run it from cli or call it from cron.
> Did you put gpost.php in the webroot (next to post.php) ?

Yes, I left the structure the same and copied the files into the distribution.

>> It created the thread files in ./threads fine (nice).

> There should also be a dir named "watermarks". If not, something went wrong.

It is there, and populated with files for each group.

>>What I don't know is how to I tie those to the boards in vichan?

> Each board needs to be set in its config file, and there you make the connection to the newsgroup.
> Also in sync.php there is an array called "translation" which needs to be set (I will take that from the central config later).

I see the translation array in gpost.php, but not in sync.php.

>> So, what did I do wrong, or what have I not done yet that I need to do? :)

> I would suggest to start with one group only:
> -set it in the central config
> -set it in the board config
> -set it in sync.php
> and let run again.

I've been trying this but I'm not sure how to 'set it'. I've tried several variations on adding it to the array in each, but nothing changes. sync.php builds stuff, but I don't see how it gets put into the db.

Can you list an example line to add/change for each file?

> What is the content of error.log and application.log ?

Nothing in error.log.

application.log looks ok:

no index found for group rocksolid.shared.test, building it
building index for group rocksolid.shared.test
update for group rocksolid.shared.testsolid.shared.testest
syncing message # 1 from group rocksolid.nodes

Obviously, I don't understand how it all ties together, but I'd like to get it working if possible.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
www.novabbs.com

Re: latest code

<69e9d2b74567e5f225e053e44e5bcd5a@def4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=651&group=rocksolid.programming#651

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 07:01:09+0000
 by: anon - Tue, 16 Jun 2020 07:01 UTC

>I see the translation array in gpost.php, but not in sync.php.

yes, sorry, this is what i meant.

>I've been trying this but I'm not sure how to 'set it'. I've
>tried several variations on adding it to the array in each,
>but nothing changes.

i will post a config example.

the way a synced article gets inserted in the db is that sync.php calls gpost.php and tells it to.
if you don't see any error message in application.log this should have worked already.

Posted on def4

Re: latest code

<8b7c90572ddb757974fd282abf015f30@def4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=652&group=rocksolid.programming#652

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 14:34:24+0000
 by: anon - Thu, 18 Jun 2020 14:34 UTC

this is the relevant part of the central config file (./inc/config.php):

$config['nntpchan'] = array();

// Enable NNTPChan integration
$config['nntpchan']['enabled'] = true;

// NNTP server
$config['nntpchan']['server'] = "192.168.1.1:1119";
$config['nntpchan']['name'] = "username";
$config['nntpchan']['password'] = "password";

// Global dispatch array. Add your boards to it to enable them. Please make
// sure that this setting is set in a global context.
$config['nntpchan']['dispatch'] = array(
'rocksolid.nodes' => 'n',
'rocksolid.nodes.help' => 'nh',
'rocksolid.nodes.announce' => 'na',
'rocksolid.shared.encryption' => 'ec',
'rocksolid.shared.entertainment' => 'et',
'rocksolid.shared.freenet' => 'f',
'rocksolid.shared.general' => 'g',
'rocksolid.shared.hacking' => 'ha',
'rocksolid.shared.helpdesk' => 'he',
'rocksolid.shared.i2p' => 'i',
'rocksolid.shared.linux' => 'l',
'rocksolid.shared.news' => 'ne',
'rocksolid.shared.offtopic' => 'b',
'rocksolid.programming' => 'code',
'rocksolid.shared.rocksolid' => 'r',
'rocksolid.shared.security' => 'opsec',
'rocksolid.social' => 'soc',
'rocksolid.shared.test' => 'ts',
'rocksolid.shared.tor' => 'to',
); // 'overchan.test' => 'test'

// Trusted peer - an IP address of your NNTPChan instance. This peer will have
// increased capabilities, eg.: will evade spamfilter.
$config['nntpchan']['trusted_peer'] = '127.0.0.1';

// Salt for message ID generation. Keep it long and secure.
$config['nntpchan']['salt'] = 'something_very_long_and_radom';

// A local message ID domain. Make sure to change it.
$config['nntpchan']['domain'] = 'yourdomain.org';

the server data of the nntp server ( $config['nntpchan']['server'], $config['nntpchan']['name'] and
$config['nntpchan']['password'])
is not actually important, since the posting works differently now (by dropping the message in the outspool), but i set them regardless.

Posted on def4

Re: latest code

<3c06c3ee2ecf19d813bc6758b2d7781a@def4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=653&group=rocksolid.programming#653

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 14:41:06+0000
 by: anon - Thu, 18 Jun 2020 14:41 UTC

and this is the relevant part of the local config (so, for a board called "ts" this is ./ts/config.php):

$config['nntpchan'] = array();

// Enable NNTPChan integration
$config['nntpchan']['enabled'] = true;

// NNTP server
$config['nntpchan']['server'] = "localhost:10119";

// Trusted peer - an IP address of your NNTPChan instance. This peer will have
// increased capabilities, eg.: will evade spamfilter.
$config['nntpchan']['trusted_peer'] = '127.0.0.1';

// Salt for message ID generation. Keep it long and secure.
$config['nntpchan']['salt'] = 'something_long_and_random';

// A local message ID domain. Make sure to change it.
$config['nntpchan']['domain'] = 'yourdomain.org';

// An NNTPChan group name.
// Please set this setting in your board/config.php, not globally.
$config['nntpchan']['group'] = 'rocksolid.shared.test';
again, this one here ($config['nntpchan']['server']) does not do anything, but I set it regardless.

if you ran sync.php and it put out "syncing message yxz" and there is no error message, but the message is not visible, i would suspect that it was silently dropped because something was not defined.

let me know if that helped.

cheers

trw

Posted on def4

Re: latest code

<2fef2df466d99579a486a92bde3edacc@def4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=654&group=rocksolid.programming#654

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 15:50:42+0000
 by: anon - Fri, 19 Jun 2020 15:50 UTC

and the most likely reason why this did not work is that you need to adapt the server settings in the file sync.php to reflect yours, i think i forgot to mention before, sorry.
it is in line 398.

cheers

trw

--
Posted on def4

Re: latest code

<7f81bdfd1a3bba256e98c75c4a5f9639$1@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=672&group=rocksolid.programming#672

From: reshmaka...@gmail.com (reshmakavi)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:02:21 +0000
 by: reshmakavi - Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:02 UTC

Interesting thread....
--
Posted on: novaBBS
www.novabbs.com