From: hel...@rslight.i2p (hell-p)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Subject: Re: Another mass shooting in the US
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 04:50:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: hell-p - Tue, 10 Sep 2019 04:50 UTC

I can't help but think it's a mental health thing. Most of the people are
legitimately crazy. Like the guy shooting from his car in Texas. The gun
wasn't legal and he had several health issues. Man lived in a house
without utilities. I just think people stressing to much and they
snapping. I dunno what to think if I'm being honest. On the one hand I
wonder if guns are the issue, but on the other hand they are necessary for
defense of our rights right? I agree with OP there has to be a system or a
trick that we haven't figured out yet.
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Re: Another mass shooting in the US

<d63d712cd1c6e0b2d56a2386098875f7$1@def2.i2p>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=82&group=rocksolid.shared.news#82

From: anonym...@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 09:47:12 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="19336"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@def2.org"
 by: anonymous - Wed, 11 Sep 2019 09:47 UTC

hell-p wrote:

> I can't help but think it's a mental health thing. Most of the people are
> legitimately crazy. Like the guy shooting from his car in Texas. The gun
> wasn't legal and he had several health issues. Man lived in a house
> without utilities. I just think people stressing to much and they
> snapping. I dunno what to think if I'm being honest. On the one hand I
> wonder if guns are the issue, but on the other hand they are necessary for
> defense of our rights right? I agree with OP there has to be a system or a
> trick that we haven't figured out yet.

I agree also. Having easier access to guns makes killing more people
easier I don't think its the main part of the problem like op asks.
Look at some places in Africa where whole towns are slaughtered and nobody
used a gun, people will kill how ever then can figure out to.
I do think that if less places were gun free some people might think twice
before coming in to start shooting.

Posted on def2

Re: Another mass shooting in the US

<qleh64$9fi$1@def2.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=83&group=rocksolid.shared.news#83

From: trw...@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 18:35:03 -0400
 by: trw - Thu, 12 Sep 2019 22:35 UTC

While I agree to the first statement (that people will manage to kill others without guns as well), I don't think the
logic adds up in this one:

>I do think that if less places were gun free some people might think twice
>before coming in to start shooting.

These mass shooters mostly don't care if they live or die, for some their own death is part of the show and planned
beforehand.
The more interesting question for me is how to not let people turn insane like this in the first place.

Other examples of mass killings without guns are the centuries of war in the Phillipines (mostly fought with clubs and
machetes/knives), and the historic amok runs in Malaysia, by tradition done with daggers (this is called "Kalis hand").
Also the sect of the "thugs" in india could do their stuff without fire arms (partly using ropes to strangle their
victims).

When it comes to killing each other, the human mind seems to be very creative.

Posted on: def3.i2p