From: AnonU...@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Subject: How deep sea fish can become nearly invisible
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 16:30:12 +0000
 by: AnonUser - Fri, 17 Jul 2020 16:30 UTC
Attachments: _113405024_karen20-20idiacanthus_1450747-25sm.jpg (image/jpeg)

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-53422345

Very interesting from a technical point of view, and really cool pictures.

I like to think that maybe some of those secrets have been known to women and men in the old times, and that some of the old tales could be true...who knows

Attachments: _113405024_karen20-20idiacanthus_1450747-25sm.jpg
Re: How deep sea fish can become nearly invisible

<fae38fadcca7885c0edaf144551badfa$1@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=226&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#226

From: AnonU...@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Subject: Re: How deep sea fish can become nearly invisible
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 02:21:26 +0000
 by: AnonUser - Tue, 21 Jul 2020 02:21 UTC

AnonUser wrote:

> https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-53422345

> Very interesting from a technical point of view, and really cool pictures.

> I like to think that maybe some of those secrets have been known to women and men in the old times, and that some of the old tales could be true...who knows

Interesting:

"instead of bouncing the light back out, they scatter it back into the layer - it's a light trap."

Before reading the article, I was thinking it was something about being transparent.

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
www.novabbs.com