No sooner said than done -- so acts your man of worth. -- Quintus Ennius

interests / rocksolid.shared.offtopic / Re: A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkers

SubjectAuthor
* A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkerstrw
+* A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkerstrw
|`* A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkersGuest
| `- A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkerstrw
+* A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkersAnonUser
|`* A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkerstrw
| `* A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkers<Mei
|  +- A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkerstrw
|  `* A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkers<Mei
|   `* A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkersRetro Guy
|    `* A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkersMei
|     +- A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkersanonymous
|     `* A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkersRetro Guy
|      +* A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkersMei
|      |`* A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkersRetro Guy
|      | `* A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkersanonymous
|      |  `* A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkersRetro Guy
|      |   `- A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkerstrw
|      `* A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkersRetro Guy
|       `- A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkersMei
+- A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkerstrw
`- A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkersA

1
Re: A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkers

<fd0c390ac843cb2f26fc2497e89733df@def4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=97&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#97

From: trw...@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Subject: Re: A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkers
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 20:57:34+0000
 by: trw - Sat, 31 Aug 2019 20:57 UTC

>I do realize that, I just like the number :)

talking about some real numbers: def4 had ca. 160k requests on average per month, during the last 4 months.
assuming that a single user does account for more than 100 hits per month, def4 should have about 1600 lurkers. one uncertainty in this is the unknown number of requests from bots.
further assuming that all other nodes have at least similar stats, we could predict that the whole of rocksolid has about 10k lurkers...so not 1 million....but working on it...lol

Posted on def4

Re: A question to our handful of posters, and our 1 Mio lurkers

<r116j3$n0p$2@neodome.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=139&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#139

From: me...@usenet.invalid (A)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 12:29:23 +0000
 by: A - Fri, 31 Jan 2020 12:29 UTC

On 2019-07-26 23:24, trw wrote:

> I think about refurbishing def3 and/or def4. Before I do this, I would like to know:
>
> -what user interface do you prefer (what node you use mostly) ?
> -why ?
> -what are the features you would like to see ?
> -what is the stuff that is not working, or not working well ?

the landing page is a joke.

I would like to run a node with bash-only as well but cannot find the def4-source-code, or however the name is of the project.

on def4 there seems to be no threading.