Subject: Re: status update
From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 10:03 UTC
From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 10:03 UTC
View all headers
anon wrote:

I've written a script that will pull an article, and convert it to the output I think you need for vichan. I can add this to the nntp server, so you can send a command like:

this is more or less what i began to write as well :-). i believe though it is best to not change the severs answers as such, but to make any necessary conversion for vichan on the clients side after the message has been obtained using the regular commands. this way you could use any news server to pull messages from, not just one that is adapted for the purpose.

Sounds good. I can send you the script if you want it. I'm not currently at a computer where I have access to it but I can send it tomorrow. Just let me know.

Also, I do plan to add features to the rslight nntp server that handles things like file and private message transfer (for admins), and auto-update stuff (if authenticated by pgp), so a vichan command is no problem. But the idea that vichan can use any nntp server is a good idea :)

news.novabbs.com